Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Akhil1999.gs)
    Where are you from?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I am from Greece and I also received the further assessment e-mail but it only said that I probably will be invited to sit the UGAA as only the most competitive applicants need to complete it. I believe that the invitations will be sent till late February so are you sure that you received an invitation or the admission officer just wanted to inform you that there is the possibility to be required/invited to sit the exam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Math12017)
    I am from Greece and I also received the further assessment e-mail but it only said that I probably will be invited to sit the UGAA as only the most competitive applicants need to complete it. I believe that the invitations will be sent till late February so are you sure that you received an invitation or the admission officer just wanted to inform you that there is the possibility to be required/invited to sit the exam.
    I have received the same email as well. Btw I have created a Facebook group for LSE applicants

https://www.facebook.com/groups/358481881166982/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Offers for Accounting and finance anybody?

ReputationRep:
    hi from first year students at lse
    if you have any questions hit us up, we would be happy to help!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mgmtsqu)
    High holborn vs strand/waterloo vs euston.

I personally prefer high holborn, what's your opinion?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mehtj006)
    High holborn vs strand/waterloo vs euston.

I personally prefer high holborn, what's your opinion?
    Assuming this is about accommodation: recommending you to stay in an LSE hall (not a UoL one).
    If you can, go with either Passfield or Carr Saunders (passfield is the best because it's quite close to LSE). High Holborn is quite expensive and the social life there isn't the best. The location can be very noisy as well.

ReputationRep:
    Assuming this is about accommodation: recommending you to stay in an LSE hall (not a UoL one).
    If you can, go with either Passfield or Carr Saunders (passfield is the best because it's quite close to LSE). High Holborn is quite expensive and the social life there isn't the best. The location can be very noisy as well.
    Thanks for the advice 😊.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if anyone has gotten an offer from LSE yet? Particularly BSc Economics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fbiemad)
    Does anyone know if anyone has gotten an offer from LSE yet? Particularly BSc Economics.
    2 of my friends got offers actuary and sociolgy. The one that got an acturial science offer for aaa last year.

ReputationRep:
    2 of my friends got offers actuary and sociolgy. The one that got an acturial science offer for aaa last year.
    So your friend had an offer last year and missed his offer and got another offer this year?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know of someone who missed their LSE offer and got a second offer when they reapplied?

ReputationRep:
    So your friend had an offer last year and missed his offer and got another offer this year?
    Last year he didnt even apply lse.

ReputationRep:
    Last year he didnt even apply lse.
    oh ok, then forget about my private message

"The one that got an acturial science offer for aaa last year."
    What did you mean by this statement though?

ReputationRep:
    Hi a few questions if you don't mind!

1) What course did you apply for?

2) Around what period did you receive your offer?

3) What grades did you achieve (If you don't mind me asking)

ReputationRep:
    oh ok, then forget about my private message

What did you mean by this statement though?
    He got an aaa last year and reapplied this year.

ReputationRep:
    He got an aaa last year and reapplied this year.
    Oh... ok

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deza28)
    Hi a few questions if you don't mind!

1) What course did you apply for?

2) Around what period did you receive your offer?

3) What grades did you achieve (If you don't mind me asking)
    I havent I got an offer yet

ReputationRep:
    Are you international or from the UK? I have a question about the UGAA

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by indvolda)
    Got rejected even before the 8 weeks mail for IR haha
    I'm from the EU and I got predicted 19.5/20 in the French baccalaureate so that would be the equivalent of A*A*A*.
    My personal statement got reviewed by a former Oxford Admission Selector so I'm quite sure it's a strong one.
    The reason for my rejection was apparently "a not convincing enough" personal statement.

But my school sent many students to Oxbridge and never to LSE. The teachers are convinced that it is because we don't fit a certain profile that they are looking for. LSE even rejected a girl from my school who got 20.6/20 at the end of the year (only 10 students out of 1 million per year in France get more than 20), and she ended up in Harvard. Just to be sure, I DON'T believe in the rumor according to which LSE rejects students applying before mid October (that's my case) because they would be applying to Oxbridge (quite a strong rumor around here).

And don't get me wrong! LSE is an excellent university and who ever got admitted to it truly deserved it! It's really competitive but it's because of its excellence.
    Some of us just don't fit a certain profile LSE is looking for, so if you got rejected, don't worry you'll still end up in some great university I'm sure
    Your stats are amazing, and kudos to your friend who got admitted to Harvard!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ever so grateful)
    Your stats are amazing, and kudos to your friend who got admitted to Harvard!
    Hey I saw you on another thread! So I know you're French as well
    Yeah they're quite good (i got three 20 for French lit and TPE last year), so that's why I don't really understand LSE rejection.
    Oh and I didn't know that girl, she's just a living legend in my high school (two years older than me).

But anyway, I'm not that upset I think I wouldn't be able to live in such a big city like London after all...
    Good luck for every one of you!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 16, 2018
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.