We Have Relocated!

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ?Hannah)
    yeah, im trying lol. it's hard, but the main thing is that im doing it and even if i mess up, i have still done it! if you know what i mean! X

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yup...that's the spirit girl...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mypetpikachu)
    Yup...that's the spirit girl...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    may have just told freezer that I have some feelings for him :>

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    may have just told freezer that I have some feelings for him :>

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Haha...lol...not sure how to react to this one..?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mypetpikachu)
    Haha...lol...not sure how to react to this one..?
    ah, and I'm still with John. so, it just makes matters confusing asf

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ok but for real does no one want this meetup to happen?? Only Hannah seems interested so far...I feel like it would only be really worth it if there were a few of us there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NiamhM1801)
    Ok but for real does no one want this meetup to happen?? Only Hannah seems interested so far...I feel like it would only be really worth it if there were a few of us there
    hey, I can Facebook mr anonymous and see if he is interested? but, he may not be because he hasn't been on TSR for ages! I really want the meet up to happen, but we may have to wait until we are older (like end of sixth form!) so, that people have the means to get to London or wherever it would be where we would be meeting.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    hey, I can Facebook mr anonymous and see if he is interested? but, he may not be because he hasn't been on TSR for ages! I really want the meet up to happen, but we may have to wait until we are older (like end of sixth form!) so, that people have the means to get to London or wherever it would be where we would be meeting.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You could try, yeah I know I haven't seen him on here for weeks! I was thinking that too, as id be unable to go now until after results day because of NCS, and actually organising it all might take a while. I imagine London would be a good place to have it seeing as (I think) the majority of people live near there? I live absolutely nowhere near but it's an easy train ride away. Waiting's probably the best idea at this stage. Besides, when we're older we'll be able to actually do more so it'll probably be more fun too. It'll be amazing if we're all still great friends in 2 years time!

ReputationRep:
    My results are in less than 3 weeks and I'm so scared! The summer school in Oxford was truly amazing and I really want to apply there now, so the pressure is there :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mac117)
    My results are in less than 3 weeks and I'm so scared! The summer school in Oxford was truly amazing and I really want to apply there now, so the pressure is there :/
    Ours are in exactly 4 weeks! Dont be scared, I'm sure you've done really well. Besides, there's no point worrying about something you can't change. Glad you enjoyed the summer school, I'm sure whatever grades you get won't stop you being eligible for a place there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NiamhM1801)
    Ours are in exactly 4 weeks! Dont be scared, I'm sure you've done really well. Besides, there's no point worrying about something you can't change. Glad you enjoyed the summer school, I'm sure whatever grades you get won't stop you being eligible for a place there
    Thank you for the moral support, I really appreciate it. This upcoming Monday I'm leaving for holiday and it's there where I'll get my results (on the 2nd last day though, thankfully!).

There is kind of a reason why I'm in doubt with myself, as I feel like I haven't done my absolute best. I described this in my very first blog post here:https://unmotivatedenthusiast.wordpress.com if you guys are interested in reading this.
    Disclaimer - it's still pretty bad as I have no clue how to blog, so constructive criticism would be helpful!
    (Shameless self-promo haha)

I love writing so hopefully I will continue with this during the rest of this summer. What are your plans for the summer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brainzistheword)
    Hi! Where have you been (Only kidding, hope you are well)

That's good - mine is getting a bit boring, but I am trying to plan it out a bit better so I can actually schedule some more fun things into my days. (And then be able to add it to my bucket list).

Your work experience sounds interesting and it's great to hear you're volunteering!

I'm sorry!!(kidding!!) I'm good, what about u? Sorry, I just saw this now! Just completed my work experience at a hospice this week and it was fantastic!
    What have u been doing?

Results day is coming nearer and nearer and I'm getting more nervous as time goes by- haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sahra30013)
    I'm sorry!!(kidding!!) I'm good, what about u? Sorry, I just saw this now! Just completed my work experience at a hospice this week and it was fantastic!
    What have u been doing?

Results day is coming nearer and nearer and I'm getting more nervous as time goes by- haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's good, I'm pretty well myself thank you Glad you enjoyed your work experience - have you anything else planned for your holidays? I've just started a blog/website and basically I'm going to keep up to date with it from today

I'm really scared about results day too But we will have to wait and see

ReputationRep:
    That's good, I'm pretty well myself thank you Glad you enjoyed your work experience - have you anything else planned for your holidays? I've just started a blog/website and basically I'm going to keep up to date with it from today

I'm really scared about results day too But we will have to wait and see
    Ahhh; I'm sacred for results day, too. I think I'm more scared about the actual going to get them as obviously we don't know what to expect (like how to open the results/how to react/ even who to react with!) I'm scared if I don't do as well as I'd hoped, people will judge etc.

Are you the same, or is it the actual results themselves you're apprehensive about?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophFlorence)
    Ahhh; I'm sacred for results day, too. I think I'm more scared about the actual going to get them as obviously we don't know what to expect (like how to open the results/how to react/ even who to react with!) I'm scared if I don't do as well as I'd hoped, people will judge etc.

Are you the same, or is it the actual results themselves you're apprehensive about?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think it's the experience as a whole, because obviously if I don't get what I expected then not only will I be annoyed but having everyone else pointing or asking will make it worse. Plus, like you, I have no idea what to do on the day!

ReputationRep:
    I think it's the experience as a whole, because obviously if I don't get what I expected then not only will I be annoyed but having everyone else pointing or asking will make it worse. Plus, like you, I have no idea what to do on the day!
    I very much agree with you there actually. It's simply all of it!! Ah, darn it. I'm sure it'll be ok!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Well, there are 24 days to go. You're welcome!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I very much agree with you there actually. It's simply all of it!! Ah, darn it. I'm sure it'll be ok!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well, there are 24 days to go. You're welcome!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah - plus, I think quite a few people view it is a competition so if they beat someone they want to gloat, but it doesn't help anyone - I'm sure you'll do amazing!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah - plus, I think quite a few people view it is a competition so if they beat someone they want to gloat, but it doesn't help anyone - I'm sure you'll do amazing!
    Yeah, precisely. Some people are extremely competitive and put others down as a result. Thank you- I'm sure you'll do very well, too!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, precisely. Some people are extremely competitive and put others down as a result. Thank you- I'm sure you'll do very well, too!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    They do - it seems difficult for them to be considerate for just one day, but anyway let's hope everything goes well, and thank you!

ReputationRep:
    What's everyone got planned for the rest of their summer?

And also, I've added more to my blog and I'd love your feedback on it - if you've got time. It's here if anyone would be able to take a look. There still isn't much but under 'Personal Studies' I've added to the FOTD (thanks to lilacpotato) and my A-level studies.

I hope you're all having a great summer with whatever you are doing

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 20, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?
Useful resources
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.