A Level Results: Post Your Results (AS)

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MathsMPhys)
    Not too great in economics i averaged about 65 in it but i taught myself the whole economics A level during summer same with further maths as my school doesnt teach it to me... i averaged 95% in the Fm but the economics brought my average down to 88% but im not too worried about it economics is kinda of easy... i know 65 still an A but its kinda annoying not getting 95% + when its kinda of a regular thing in your other subject
    How much time do you spend on average on your subjects per day outside of school?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SugarCoatedCart)
    How much time do you spend on average on your subjects per day outside of school?
    tbh not as much as I should be.. only a few hours I do most of my work on the holidays then relax during school time and then I do loads around February to prepare for exams.. especially recently since I had to compete in Olympiads nd stuff so didn't get as much time as I would've liked..however I have to teach myself further math and econ, taught myself A2 math and further math in like 4 weeks that took a lot of time per day ngl

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nonametosee)
    Got A*AA at AS (around 94.5% average across all subjects - I have friends averaging 100%, 99.5%, 99.3%, 99.2%, 97.6% etc etc so I'm heavily disadvantaged in applications already because I'm a foreign student as well ) and been predicted A*A*A*A

Lol you're at no disadvantage my friend

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abstract_Prism)
    You got an A* in AS...?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLikP6BDH5w
    I did the full maths A Level in my first year. Averaged like 96% across the whole maths a level :/

ReputationRep:
    I did the full maths A Level in my first year. Averaged like 96% across the whole maths a level :/
    Don't see anything bad about that. (:/) lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    you are abit disadvantages as I did 5 A levels and averaged 100% across all the A levels apart from in bio which brought it down to 97% but you only did 3 and I go to really bad school...not too disadvantaged though just seemed like you wanted to show off abit by saying that but I know people that get 100% across the board in every subject so you're competing with those people...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MathsMPhys)
    you are abit disadvantages as I did 5 A levels and averaged 100% across all the A levels apart from in bio which brought it down to 97% but you only did 3 and I go to really bad school...not too disadvantaged though just seemed like you wanted to show off abit by saying that but I know people that get 100% across the board in every subject so you're competing with those people...
    I didn't want to come off as "showing off" by any means! I'm sorry if I did! It's just that many people in my school are averaging very high scores and these are the kind of people I am expecting to compete against for a spot at Imperial, which is also reiterated by my teachers :/ And I am doing 4 A levels lol not 3. I did Chemistry, Physics, Maths and Further Maths but I don't start Further Maths until my 2nd Year of A levels and finished the full Maths A Level in my first year.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't want to come off as "showing off" by any means! I'm sorry if I did! It's just that many people in my school are averaging very high scores and these are the kind of people I am expecting to compete against for a spot at Imperial, which is also reiterated by my teachers :/ And I am doing 4 A levels lol not 3. I did Chemistry, Physics, Maths and Further Maths but I don't start Further Maths until my 2nd Year of A levels and finished the full Maths A Level in my first year.
    Mate, you can average 90% in your A-level, just scrape the A*s and do good in entrance exams and get a spot. They matter the most.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ozmo19)
    Results
    Biology: Predicted A / Achieved A
    Chemistry: Predicted A / Achieved A
    Maths: Predicted A / Achieved A
    D&T: Predicted A / Achieved A

Comments and Reactions
    So relieved to get these results. Glad all the hard work paid off in the end!

Future Ambitions
    A*A*A*A then have a productive gap year before going and pursuing a subject I love at uni!
    how did u revise for chemistry? I got a B for my AS but the course is linear for me so i still have a chance to make up for it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by socialdissonance)
    how did u revise for chemistry? I got a B for my AS but the course is linear for me so i still have a chance to make up for it.
    After lessons, I would reread the notes given out/materials covered then read the corresponding notes in the textbook or revision guides. If i didn't understand something, I would look it up on youtube or ask on TSR. I made sure I understood fully everything that was stated in the textbook and did practise questions to consolidate this. I made sure to do all the past papers. Also, I looked over my notes and did more questions regularly to make sure all the material stayed fresh in my head. You may also want to make flashcards to memorise definitions. Examiner's reports are important to use to see crucial points in questions.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    What course did you want to apply for?

ReputationRep:
    Imperial - Civil Engineering!

ReputationRep:
    Results
    maths: Predicted A / Achieved A
    further maths: Predicted A / Achieved A
    biology: Predicted A / Achieved A[
    chemistry: Predicted A / Achieved A

Future ambitions
    A*A*A*A* in maths, further maths, chemistry and EPQ and I want to study maths at Cambridge!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chunsmunkey)
    Results
    maths: Predicted A / Achieved A
    further maths: Predicted A / Achieved A
    biology: Predicted A / Achieved A[
    chemistry: Predicted A / Achieved A

Future ambitions
    A*A*A*A* in maths, further maths, chemistry and EPQ and I want to study maths at Cambridge!
    Hi how do u calculuate p(aub) from a tree diagram??????

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Imperial - Civil Engineering!
    What did you get in GCSE and A-Levels?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous1226)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Loooool u legend

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous1226)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The U is union. So, it's basically P(A) + P(AnB) + P(B), where p(AnB) stands for the intersection between A and B.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chittesh14)
    The U is union. So, it's basically P(A) + P(AnB) + P(B), where p(AnB) stands for the intersection between A and B.
    No P(A U B) = P(A) + P(B) - P(A n B)

Because both P(A) and P(B) include the intersection

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TH3-FL45H)
    No P(A U B) = P(A) + P(B) - P(A n B)

Because both P(A) and P(B) include the intersection

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
    Sorry, I meant that lol the + was meant to be a -.
    I actually found that rule annoying at first lol to learn xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SM6)
    What did you get in GCSE and A-Levels?
    GCSE: 7 A*s 5 A's

AS Levels: A*AA
    A* is from me completing the entire A level maths in my first year

A2 Predictions: A*A*A*A*

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: November 7, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.