The Student Room Group

A Level Results: Post Your Results (AS)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nonametosee
Imperial - Civil Engineering! :biggrin:

What did you get in GCSE and A-Levels?
Original post by Anonymous1226
Hi how do u calculuate p(aub) from a tree diagram??????

Posted from TSR Mobile

Loooool u legend
Original post by Anonymous1226
Hi how do u calculuate p(aub) from a tree diagram??????

Posted from TSR Mobile

The U is union. So, it's basically P(A) + P(AnB) + P(B), where p(AnB) stands for the intersection between A and B.
Original post by Chittesh14
The U is union. So, it's basically P(A) + P(AnB) + P(B), where p(AnB) stands for the intersection between A and B.

No P(A U B) = P(A) + P(B) - P(A n B)

Because both P(A) and P(B) include the intersection

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
Original post by TH3-FL45H
No P(A U B) = P(A) + P(B) - P(A n B)

Because both P(A) and P(B) include the intersection

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Sorry, I meant that lol the + was meant to be a -.
I actually found that rule annoying at first lol to learn xD
Original post by SM6
What did you get in GCSE and A-Levels?

GCSE: 7 A*s 5 A's

AS Levels: A*AA
A* is from me completing the entire A level maths in my first year

A2 Predictions: A*A*A*A*
GCSE: 7 A*s 5 A's

AS Levels: A*AA
A* is from me completing the entire A level maths in my first year

A2 Predictions: A*A*A*A*

Woah, that's amazing!
Original post by SM6
Woah, that's amazing!

thank you! :smile: But it's certainly not the best!! :frown:
thank you! :smile: But it's certainly not the best!! :frown:

Clearly that are. Imperial College London for Civil Engineering! :smile:
This thread always makes me sad when I look at my as grades xD but well done everyone for smashing AS
My predicted grades for WJEC Contemporary Society & Philosophy course for AS: Grade C
What I managed to achieve: A

I was so surprised when I saw my results that I ended up looking at the paper after opening the envelope for 15 minutes before it actually sinked in.

It has given me confidence to try and maintain grade A for my A - levels, however I am feeling the pressure and worried already when it is only November! I have my mock exams soon and I want to take them seriously but all the information I am required to learn is quite overwhelming :frown:
Results:
English Literature: Predicted B / Achieved C
English Language: Predicted B / Achieved D
History: Predicted B / Achieved D
EPQ: Predicted ? / Achieved ?

Comments and reactions:
I'm very upset with my results, as I thought I was doing okay!
Although all my exams are reformed, so my AS grades don't count, so I'm gonna try SO HARD this year.
Irritated with History as I was 1 mark from a C!
I just started my EPQ so not really sure what my prediction is for that...

Future ambitions:
I wish to study Sociology in the future which would set me up to do a number of different career paths. However I lean towards social work or equality law.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by hoticedtea
Results:
English Literature: Predicted B / Achieved C
English Language: Predicted B / Achieved D
History: Predicted B / Achieved D
EPQ: Predicted ? / Achieved ?

Comments and reactions:
I'm very upset with my results, as I thought I was doing okay!
Although all my exams are reformed, so my AS grades don't count, so I'm gonna try SO HARD this year.
Irritated with History as I was 1 mark from a C!
I just started my EPQ so not really sure what my prediction is for that...

Future ambitions:
I wish to study Sociology in the future which would set me up to do a number of different career paths. However I lean towards social work or equality law.

That is the spirit! Do not let your grades from year 12 discourage you this year. If you keep revising at your own pace, ask teachers if unsure about certain content in the syllabus and continue to practice past papers under timed conditions then you should be fine. I do not know what the new A levels are like, however I am sure they are tough so just make sure to have a thorough plan and defeat procrastination.

I really wish you the best for your future :smile:
Original post by Lucyylulu
That is the spirit! Do not let your grades from year 12 discourage you this year. If you keep revising at your own pace, ask teachers if unsure about certain content in the syllabus and continue to practice past papers under timed conditions then you should be fine. I do not know what the new A levels are like, however I am sure they are tough so just make sure to have a thorough plan and defeat procrastination.

I really wish you the best for your future :smile:

Thanks so much!! I've had a lot of hate from this website, a lot of people tell me to go and do a foundation course and that I never try hard enough. So I'm quite happy to have some nice comments!! :smile:
GCSE - 14 A*, 1 A, 1 B
AS - AAAAA
A2- A*A*A*A

Maths and Physics @ Oxford :smile: .
Original post by SonicSam
GCSE - 14 A*, 1 A, 1 B
AS - AAAAA
A2- A*A*A*A

Maths and Physics @ Oxford :smile: .

Can't find that degree at Oxford mate, are you sure you didn't meant BTEC Level 3 at a college in Oxford?
What is BTEC level 3? Sorry I did my GCSES and Alevel internationally so I don't know that subject . I did my first undergrad for maths and then my second in physic both @ oxford, master at Imperial but I'm currently on my first year at UCL for my pHD. Its been fun switching to various university .Great exposure . Yourself?
Original post by SonicSam
What is BTEC level 3? Sorry I did my GCSES and Alevel internationally so I don't know that subject . I did my first undergrad for maths and then my second in physic both @ oxford, master at Imperial but I'm currently on my first year at UCL for my pHD. Its been fun switching to various university .Great exposure . Yourself?

Shut the **** up and just prepare yourself for the Senior Maths Challenge tomorrow, which you will attend.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got (A Levels) :
Mathematic: A
Further Mathematics: A
Physics: A
Chemistry: B
(the grades for physics and chemistry doesn't matter this year as sciences have become linear)
Original post by Kavinthan
I got (A Levels) :
Mathematic: A
Further Mathematics: A
Physics: A
Chemistry: B
(the grades for physics and chemistry doesn't matter this year as sciences have become linear)

how did you revise for physic. I am stuck between getting a B all the time or an A occasionally

Quick Reply

Latest