Chess games

Announcements Posted on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matrix123)
    It's alright, mine aren't either...
    I should be free from just after 10pm if that's alright with you
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah, ok, I can do that. I'll look forward to an interesting game!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K-Man_PhysCheM)
    Yeah, ok, I can do that. I'll look forward to an interesting game!
    Cool, thanks! Me too, but tbh I'm not that great so it probably won't be a long game
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Open game: https://lichess.org/VkpLjYDD
    CheeseIsVeg? xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matrix123)
    Cool, thanks! Me too, but tbh I'm not that great so it probably won't be a long game
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Matrix123:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K-Man_PhysCheM)
    Matrix123:
    Truly beautiful game. xD

ReputationRep:
    1 - didnt get this notif
    2 - way too tired to play a game requiring brain use/skill and concentration
    3 - I'm making a pinta game in T-10 minutes
    be there or I'll cry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CheeseIsVeg)
    1 - didnt get this notif
    2 - way too tired to play a game requiring brain use/skill and concentration
    3 - I'm making a pinta game in T-10 minutes
    be there or I'll cry
    Play one game and I'll join on pinta .

ReputationRep:
    Everyone please take your time to mourn over the loss of OP
    She got banned from TSR

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrincessBO$$)
    She got banned from TSR
    Damn, that really puts things in electrospective.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XOR_)
    Play one game and I'll join on pinta .
    no i am in no state
    I will have a quick pinta game
    gtg brush teeth now
    c u soon (on pinta or )
    (Original post by PrincessBO$$)
    She got banned from TSR
    lol #rekt

ReputationRep:
    One of the best games I've played in a while:
    https://www.chess.com/live/game/1705971536

Gosh, 45|45 takes the life outta me. My games almost never reach proper endgames and I've never studied the endgame in any detail at all (so I'm generally very bad at them) so this was a real thinking test for me. One thing I made sure is that I didn't care if I won, drew or lost, I would make sure I grinded out this endgame to the very best of my ability and I was very happy with the win. I think the Silman strategy lessons on Chess Mentor helped me a lot in this game.

ReputationRep:
    Omg I just put it into lichess: 0 inaccuracies, mistakes and blunders and only 10 average centipawn loss over the course of 41 moves... wtf?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IrrationalRoot)
    Omg I just put it into lichess: 0 inaccuracies, mistakes and blunders and only 10 average centipawn loss over the course of 41 moves... wtf?!
    Out of interest ran your game through chess.com's max and it gives a preferable assessment of 5 average centipawn loss. Nothing but "excellent" and "good" moves from either player until move 33 (you having the larger share of "excellent" moves, hence your advantage - I presume "good" moves are moves which technically lose some centipawns but aren't serious enough to be considered inaccuracies) when white plays an inaccuracy. White plays a couple more before the horrific blunder (though his position is already very weak of course) 38. Re4. Nicely played. It seems your strategic ability is strong. Myself I am tactically okay (broke 1900 in the trainer today), but tactics flow from a superior position, and I let people even of very low ratings walk all over me in positional terms and then no tactical nous can save me. I might try some more of those lessons if you think they helped you. :beard:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 13 1 20 8 42)
    Out of interest ran your game through chess.com's max and it gives a preferable assessment of 5 average centipawn loss. Nothing but "excellent" and "good" moves from either player until move 33 (you having the larger share of "excellent" moves, hence your advantage - I presume "good" moves are moves which technically lose some centipawns but aren't serious enough to be considered inaccuracies) when white plays an inaccuracy. White plays a couple more before the horrific blunder (though his position is already very weak of course) 38. Re4. Nicely played. It seems your strategic ability is strong. Myself I am tactically okay (broke 1900 in the trainer today), but tactics flow from a superior position, and I let people even of very low ratings walk all over me in positional terms and then no tactical nous can save me. I might try some more of those lessons if you think they helped you. :beard:
    I don't have max since I'm only platinum membership but thanks analysing it!
    Yeah I get what you mean from earlier though, even though this guy was sub 1500 he took a hell of a lot of effort to beat, simply because the position never got too complicated so I had to gradually build up a positional advantage and grind the endgame (using every morsel of my strategic ability lol) to convert it. Problem with playing against 2.Bc4 is that you always get a slightly stronger position as black but it can simplify too much (d5 eventually must be played which in fact simplifies the position some).

I never used to be good at strategy now but I'm improving - a lot of the ideas I used in this game I had seen up to 3/4 moves in advance which is nice because your opponent walks right into your plans .
    I did notice that you're very strong on tactics trainer; I've just broken 1800. So I think your tactical ability is fine for now, definitely have a go at what I did and do some of IM Silman's lessons on mentor where you play through games, it's very instructive (and difficult!).
    Also I spent a lot of time on my moves, really draining but I get accurate play out of it which I couldn't produce in blitz.

ReputationRep:
    Also it might be useful to note that watching ChessNetwork has helped me massively with my chess thinking; I'd try to emulate his kind of thought patterns when he's playing standard games.

ReputationRep:
    Game?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PharaohFromSpace)
    Game?
    Mentioned above: https://www.chess.com/live/game/1705971536

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IrrationalRoot)
    Mentioned above: https://www.chess.com/live/game/1705971536
    I ended pressing up the link out of curiosity, but I was actually asking if 13 wanted to play a game

You want to play one?

ReputationRep:
    Open game anyway : https://lichess.org/8MlfjpCB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PharaohFromSpace)
    I ended pressing up the link out of curiosity, but I was actually asking if 13 wanted to play a game

You want to play one?
    Oh right lol, yeah I'll play a game .

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 4, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
How are you feeling about doing A-levels?
Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Forum Games Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.