The Current Year 12 thread 2016-2017

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    That was the best day I've had so far! Got through it without tears or an anxiety attack so all is good!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ColossalAtom)
    x*
    You should totally add me to the aspiring medics list *

Hi lads! I was previously half on the Year 11 topic. I'm doing Chemistry, Maths, Biology and French along with Italian GCSE as extra academic enrichment Hopefully I'll be able to do an EPQ which links bilingualism and its effects on the brain later this year. ))) I'm looking to go to Oxford for medicine or maybe even abroad - France or Germany, depending on how the current geopolitical situation will pan out.*

Anyone wanna help me out with a chemistry question? Because I'm a tiny bit stuck.. xD

Name:  14285313_1792646440951883_1082193685_o.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  135.7 KB

I got 627g.... However, it says to 3sf... ?!1*

ReputationRep:
    The number of replies on this thread is making it slightly overwhelming :lol: but :wavey: the name's TheHaunted.

Hobbies and interests include reading, music, origami (when I have the time) and procrastination.

I'm planning to take Maths, Further Maths, Physics and German. :woo:

My favourite subject would have to be Music, even though I'm not taking it, but Maths would be up there as well. :bubbles:

And finally, I'm not yet sure what my ideal career would be, though it'll have to be something either mathsy or physics (so maybe Engineering :dontknow:).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr...)
    Then I eat/hang out/sleep in the common room

Yep I got two English essays, one for French and Economics then a worksheet for history.

:lol: It's great, especially considering Topshop is quite expensive
    I start in two weeks because I told them I want to settle into a routine and that I'm not overwhelmed with with work and school and other stuff:yep:
    Good call.

Eww... so much writing. I got a 3 pages of biology, some pages in the maths textbook and a sheet of titration questions today. Not bad. :lol:

Sensible idea. I hope you enjoy it!

(Original post by Gingerbread101)
    Good plan, hopefully you keep it up Maths is very chill at the start (doing C1?), but it kicks off a bit with C2

Thanks! :jumphug: yep I will be
    I hope so too. I'm finishing off the homework I got today and I'm hoping I'll have at least an hour to make notes. Yep, C1. I did Add Maths and Kumon so a lot of the course it is familiar.

:woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elliwhi)
    You should totally add me to the aspiring medics list *

Hi lads! I was previously half on the Year 11 topic. I'm doing Chemistry, Maths, Biology and French along with Italian GCSE as extra academic enrichment Hopefully I'll be able to do an EPQ which links bilingualism and its effects on the brain later this year. ))) I'm looking to go to Oxford for medicine or maybe even abroad - France or Germany, depending on how the current geopolitical situation will pan out.*

Anyone wanna help me out with a chemistry question? Because I'm a tiny bit stuck.. xD

Name:  14285313_1792646440951883_1082193685_o.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  135.7 KB

I got 627g.... However, it says to 3sf... ?!1*
    I got 659.88g so, if I'm right, I assume they'd want 660g as the answer. If you're right then I think 627g should be the same to 3.s.f.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    How are youuuu?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by karmacrunch)
    I got 659.88g so, if I'm right, I assume they'd want 660g as the answer. If you're right then I think 627g should be the same to 3.s.f.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    How are youuuu?

Oh blimey.. That's a bit different LOL. Asking around, 1 also got 627g. I guess I'll wait and see until we have Chemistry tomorrow

Spoiler:
    Show
    I'M GREAT. I'm a bit exhausted honestly and need some sleep but guess who's gotta write a french presentation, revise vocab and do some biology questions :') This gal. *WBU?

ReputationRep:
    Guys, I am doing Maths Chemistry and Business studies and i have just started year 12. And i want to do civil engineering and will doing business studies affecr my chance of going to a russel group uni?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joseph9299)
    Guys, I am doing Maths Chemistry and Business studies and i have just started year 12. And i want to do civil engineering and will doing business studies affecr my chance of going to a russel group uni?
    No, it shouldn't, as you have two other facilitating subjects. But, if you want to do engineering, then why aren't you doing A-level Physics to begin with? I thought it was essential (maybe I'm wrong). And if you're too worried about Business not being a "facilitating" subject, you might change it to Economics. But overall, Business isn't a bad subject to have, so don't worry

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jakeprevita2000)
    👏 btw google glasses added to my santa list
    Hows your adventure time thread going?

Needs editing, I'll check it out when I can.

You'll have to elaborate on the glasses Jake 😇

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by karmacrunch)

Long time no speak.
    IKR it's been ages, I don't think we've spoken properly since year 10! I've been quite busy with voluntary work 😶 Which A-levels are you doing? How are you finding sixthform?

ReputationRep:
    Recapping on Probability laws today ☺

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmiggleWiggle)
    Needs editing, I'll check it out when I can.

You'll have to elaborate on the glasses Jake 😇
    I have some ideas about your AV thread.

They're like a smartphone essientially, you can take selfies, use google maps, make calls etc. You can use voice control to communicate with the CΩMPUTΣR. The device doesn't come with lenses, however there's a little a square display slightly infront. There's a control on the side of the google glasses where you can change the display ( weather, time, phone call log etc).

Recapping on Probability laws today ☺
    How's the probability going?

ReputationRep:
    Anybody else got to do some University Award thing?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I have some ideas about your AV thread.

They're like a smartphone essientially, you can take selfies, use google maps, make calls etc. You can use voice control to communicate with the CΩMPUTΣR. The device doesn't come with lenses, however there's a little a square display slightly infront. There's a control on the side of the google glasses where you can change the display ( weather, time, phone call log etc).

How's the probability going?
    Ah I see. I'm sure if my parents have the money they would buy me a pair for Christmas or summer 😅

I currently have an S7 📱

It's ok I have had sometime to memorise proofs and to answer some questions, I can show you a workie if you'd like. I quite like the mutually exclusive events.

ReputationRep:
    Ah I see. I'm sure if my parents have the money they would buy me a pair for Christmas or summer 😅

I currently have an S7 📱

It's ok I have had sometime to memorise proofs and to answer some questions, I can show you a workie if you'd like. I quite like the mutually exclusive events.
    Well that's good? £1000 is quite a lot of money although I have faith n santa since I unboxed a 50 inch 3D tv last Christmas. If I'm a good boy I'll be opening a much smaller box this year (presumably)

Sure 🔫

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kxjzh)
    Anybody else got to do some University Award thing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nah whats that?

ReputationRep:
    Nah whats that?
    I get it for doing Gap Medics

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elliwhi)
    Oh blimey.. That's a bit different LOL. Asking around, 1 also got 627g. I guess I'll wait and see until we have Chemistry tomorrow
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I'M GREAT. I'm a bit exhausted honestly and need some sleep but guess who's gotta write a french presentation, revise vocab and do some biology questions :' This gal. *WBU?
    Ah... chemistry calculations. :lol:

Same. I was supposed to go to sleep 45 mins ago but that obviously hasn't happened. :rolleyes: I have sooo much homework but I think if I keep going, I'll probably make some silly mistakes. I have a free first period so I can hopefully get myself together before lessons.

IKR it's been ages, I don't think we've spoken properly since year 10! I've been quite busy with voluntary work 😶 Which A-levels are you doing? How are you finding sixthform?
    I know, right! How are you?? I'm taking: Biology, Chemistry, Maths, Geography + FM. What about you? Sixth form has been okay so far. It's been pretty busy but I've managed. You?

ReputationRep:
    Nah whats that?
    Not really sure!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm literally over 50% finished with AS Biology now (excluding practicals).

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 5, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.