8.20%
    David Tennant
    59.71%
    Matt Smith
    32.09%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JH08)
    Slight hole in the plot.... :p:

How could the angels know when to move on their victim if they could not look when someone was watching them...

how could they tell if someone blinked if they weren't watching them??
    It's not that the angels know when to move...it's just that, when they're not in the direct line of vision of someone, their defence mechanism, the quantum lock, is released, hence allowing them to move. So, when someone does look at an angel, the angel itself doesn't stop, but it's more a case of, in it's own time, the angel is moving, and so when the lock is released, the angel carries on as it was, with the same momentum and whatnot. Or at least that's the way I understand it. Which, of course, is with too much thought about it.

On the whole though, I actually liked the episode. I know I was expecting a crap episode like Love and Monsters, but this one was actually done really well. Partly because the main focus of the plot was on a hot girl.

"Big ball of wibbly-wobbly...timey..wimey......stuff "

ReputationRep:
    I didn't like the fact that even though the doctor got his Tardis back in his present (1969) nothing is actually done about the angels, there were loads of them and are still about! when its night time those angels will be in darkness and will be able to move... not to mention the fact that in one scene when Sally blinked they moved from on top of a church, right across the street and on to the building she was in (the police station), yet, the guy, when hes being forced to keep his eyes open in the house, looks away ..for longer than a blink... and the angel only moves a few feet forward (albeit with a horrifyingly horrible expression on its face!).... whole episode just didn't make much sense, continuity was terrible

ReputationRep:
    My favourite episode was the Satan Pit, The computer effects on that Devil was incredible! Very scary when the Ood started chanting Satan's different names.

ReputationRep:
    that the Tardis didn't take Sally and that dude with it.
    It did make sense because there wasn't any point in them going to 1969. The Doctor knew what would happen with the angels so it was easier with them just staying in their own time rather than going into the past and the Doctor having to bring them all the way back again.
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by Gamaya)
    I didn't like the fact that even though the doctor got his Tardis back in his present (1969) nothing is actually done about the angels, there were loads of them and are still about! when its night time those angels will be in darkness and will be able to move...
    Myabe we just didn't see what was done with them - we didn't see what the Doctor and Martha did after the TARDIS was sent back to them - maybe they came and sorted everything out. Seens as the episode wasn't from their point of view, any actions only there were invioled with weren't seen at all.

not to mention the fact that in one scene when Sally blinked they moved from on top of a church, right across the street and on to the building she was in (the police station), yet, the guy, when hes being forced to keep his eyes open in the house, looks away ..for longer than a blink... and the angel only moves a few feet forward (albeit with a horrifyingly horrible expression on its face!).... whole episode just didn't make much sense, continuity was terrible
    Perrhaps in big open space they can literally fly - the distanace across the street wouldn't take long to fly across - could have taken lnger too, by going upwards and then sneeking downt he side of the building - just for them to turn to stone when we start to look at them....

...then when inside, there is not enough space to use their wings, and so have to rely on feet - much slower mode of transport :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roger Kirk)
    ...then when inside, there is not enough space to use their wings, and so have to rely on feet - much slower mode of transport :p:
    Especially when you're made of stone!

ReputationRep:
    I loved last nights episode, I dont mind the dcctor-lite episodes because in a way its sometimes nice to see whats its like focusing on a charecter and dr whos actions and influence on them
    I thought the storyline was great, and really clever with all the links over time.

ReputationRep:
    I know they tried to wrap everything up nicely at the end but did they explain why the Doctor's message to 'duck' was behind the wallpaper?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adlondo)
    lmfao.. me and my younger bros and sis, i'm a sucker for that kinda stuff i had a heart attack when the guy first turned away lol i thought it would be some minor thing gawd i think im gonna have nightmares tonight godamn
    Yeah I love that kind of stuff too. I had no idea that it was gonna turn into a creepy looking vampire type thing.
    Every TV book I look in, there's pictures of it now. I have an exam Tuesday so I hope I can sleep! I think it's wearing off, but just to be sure I won't watch the repeat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wesetters)
    The guy who took martha down to where the TARDIS was ? Or Kathy ? Either of them could have done it. I'd guess at Kathy though.

I thought it was fantastic, one of the best yet
    I thought it was a message to sally which said Duck in it because someone through a brick throught the window and she was meant to duck!

This was an amazing episode deffiantely one of the best! i can't wait until next week!

ReputationRep:
    That was one of the best episodes of the series so far, though I think they have all been good.

ReputationRep:
    Me too, that was an excelent episode. Loved the bit when the light went of! Anyone know who is replacing Freema next series btw?

ReputationRep:
    Freema is leaving? I didnt know this

ReputationRep:
    yeh it was in the paper once, she isnt actually leaving, she;s being axed!

ReputationRep:
    There's lots of rumours going around. I heard that Doctor Who is being axed after season 4.

ReputationRep:
    I hope freema stays, and even if she is axed, they should let her go back to med school! not get lost in space!

ReputationRep:
    Freema aint gettin sacked thas bogus!!

And that epsiode Blink was great!!

and the endin haha trying to scare little children :P

Went town and some kids werre like mummy dont blinkkkkkk hahahaha
    Good script!!

ReputationRep:
    The best episode this season has to be the Shakespeare Code.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannah_dru)
    There's lots of rumours going around. I heard that Doctor Who is being axed after season 4.
    I doubt it seeing as how sucessfull it is, it would be madness of the BBC to get rid of it.

ReputationRep:
    What Freeman is getting axed?
    I was actually starting to like her, especially when she mentioned that she had to get a job in '69 to support the doctor :p:

It was a priceless episode, what with the guy and the DVD.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.