Turn on thread page Beta

AQA English Language B - ENB5 - The Big Pre-release Thread! watch

• View Poll Results: Which pack of pre-release are you focusing on?
    The Pendle Witches
    27.43%
    Dyslexia
    41.59%
    Both
    30.97%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tashie1987)
    Yeah I did it, think it went okay but worried my speakers had too big blocks of speech? But then I couldnt make it spontaneous so eeee just confused, hopefully a C though......
    I don't think you should worry about that, after all it's a script that is pre-written. So you can't have people being cut off and stuff like you would in a discussion. It's a presentation-like appeal, you're going to have speakers talking about something in deep and so that will take time. Also remember, reading it aloud takes a lot less time than you think by the length it looks on the page

ReputationRep:
    I made my radio 4 script a monologue, which i hope is ok. I thought it was a twisted question tbh i.e. it wasn't really asking for a discussion as we're used to. Still, hopefully did alright.

I used Steve Redgrave for it, he has a really english radio 4 voice.

ReputationRep:
    no i wrote simple lang for a kiddie audience (well ks2) used some humour like comments on the events, not to sure if thats ok. do u rli think that is an acceptable activity?

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry about the activity part. As long as you have lots of other content it will be fine. Anything can happen with this exam anyway, what grades do you need from the last two exams?

ReputationRep:
    I did question 4. I think I screwed it up big time. Argh D:

And my commentary was a complete mess. I don't think I've ever written a good commentary. Booo.

ReputationRep:
    Why do you think you screwed up question 4? I think I may have screwed up too! Ran out of time for commentary..

ReputationRep:
    well i got A in my coursework and BBB last yr for all the modules. If i get an E say in editorial, do you think with a high mark in enb6 i can still get a b overall... i need a B to get in uni

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bribo)
    I made my radio 4 script a monologue, which i hope is ok. I thought it was a twisted question tbh i.e. it wasn't really asking for a discussion as we're used to. Still, hopefully did alright.

I used Steve Redgrave for it, he has a really english radio 4 voice.
    That really confused me aswell, then I decided just to go with the normal radio style, becuase we'd only been told never to just have one speaker. Knew I should have done question 4!

ReputationRep:
    How many marks do you think theyll take off for not finishing lol?

I was thinking this exam doesnt test knowledge...your either good at writing or your not!

ReputationRep:
    Well, I don't know what your actual UMS marks are but if we assume you have an average A and average B's you'll be on about 300 UMS marks. I think ENB5 is out of 100 so if you think you'll get an E that would be about 45.

345 = high D

You would need AT LEAST 75 UMS marks from the last exam. I think the last one is out of 120 so that would be a C in the last exam.

With your grades though you probably haven't done as badly as you think. If so, just revise properly for the last exam and get a C ! :P

Good Luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinkerbee)
    I told them to draw a picture of a stereotypical witch...then of one of the Pendle witches... then discuss whether the evidence would stand in a modern court of law :eek:

yeah me and kids = baaaaaaad

either patronising drawings... or... legal stuff :cool: :teeth: I failed... at least I cant get lower than a D
    lmao...i have just realised how patronising i was...and just down right cheesy.

meh, i hate kids. everytime i see a 9-11 year old: YEEOOO MADE MEE FAILL

oh well whats done is done ... at least we're closer to a stress free summer

ReputationRep:
    I thought he choice of questions was poor..

In the end i chose question 4 (magazine article aimed at parents)
    Found it pretty easy just did a question and answer format..it just got a bit tedious and boring..
    Ended up running out of time (like many people have said) couldve done with an extra 15minutes! Saw i only had 30minutes left so ended up leaving the last little section of my article and wrote my commentry..figured that was more important! Than with 5minutes to spare quickly wrote down what i wouldve put in my last section in note form and wrote *ran out of time!*
    hope i dont loose marks!

Not looking forward to language change thursday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kerry595)
    Why do you think you screwed up question 4? I think I may have screwed up too! Ran out of time for commentary..
    I don't think I used enough of the information from the pack or was reassuring enough and halfway through writing it I kept seeing bits of information and thinking 'crap, i should have put that in earlier' etc etc.

I was running out of time so rushed my ending and the commentary. I really wanted to do a good commentary for once.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't worry too much about the commentary to be honest, after all, it is only worth 10 marks overall. Yeah there was more info from the packs I should have put in too, did you include that poem written by the 9 year old girl? I kinda put it in as an inspirational type thing, to re-assure. I was trying so hard not to sound patronising!!

ReputationRep:
    Omg panic: I did question 4 but have just realised that I didn't write that I was doing question 4 in the margin or on the front of the paper! I just got carried away with the writing. Do you think this will be a major problem? EEK!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BabsyBaker)
    Omg panic: I did question 4 but have just realised that I didn't write that I was doing question 4 in the margin or on the front of the paper! I just got carried away with the writing. Do you think this will be a major problem? EEK!
    No i think theyll be able to work it out.
    Did you put the title? Cant remember what it was now, guide for parents: coping with dyslexia or something?

ReputationRep:
    Yes I wrote out the title fully - Coping with Dyslexia: A Parents' Guide.

Still fretting though... Do you think I should get college to send a note off with my exam or something? Will they still mark it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kerry595)
    I wouldn't worry too much about the commentary to be honest, after all, it is only worth 10 marks overall. Yeah there was more info from the packs I should have put in too, did you include that poem written by the 9 year old girl? I kinda put it in as an inspirational type thing, to re-assure. I was trying so hard not to sound patronising!!
    Could be 10 marks between a C and a B though. I guess I am panicking because if I don't pass English, I will only have one a level D:

I didn't use the poem but I used some of the page before that with the two stories.

ReputationRep:
    Im sure theyll still mark it, i dont see why not?

I wouldt worry about it theyre bound to know which one your doing

ReputationRep:
    haha, the exam woz ok
    we ggot to keep our paks that was good.
    i only did a tiny bit for the commentry, hope they give me atleast 2 marks for it.
    lol i was the only person doing the ezam... was ****
    how did you all do

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 18, 2008

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.