The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Has anyone applied for Biomedical Science? Wondering if we will have a interview in the near future. Heard from all my choices apart from imperial and really want to know now
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 781
MatiZzZ
yay!!!! :biggrin: just got my offer after waiting 6 weeks (:redface:) for Physics :smile::smile::smile::smile::smile:

edit: oh yeah, the offer is 38 points, with 6s in Physics, Maths and History HL and 5 in English SL (IB) :wink:

6 weeks? It's nearly been 8 for me and I still haven't heard anything =( *pities himself*
Reply 782
Rite
6 weeks? It's nearly been 8 for me and I still haven't heard anything =( *pities himself*

*pities the crazy fool*:rolleyes:
Judgements may be delayed, as january exams have swamped some of our academic staff, slowing their decision making/track updating, though they shouldn't always leave it till the last minute...

People doing chemistry should hear back soon, when the next set of ucas candidates appear - the department seems to work in batches of two or three interview days, when updating track.

No need to fret, they'll have it done soon...ish.
(We're just more important than you):p:
Mithra
Or they've already done 1 A-level :biggrin:

yeah but id like to think both, they didnt even specify further maths:biggrin:
Reply 784
sksflipper
yeah but id like to think both, they didnt even specify further maths:biggrin:

Same here :wink:. I have already done Maths just not certificated so I need 2 As out of Physics (C average this year for an A overall :p:), Philosophy, Further maths and chemistry.
Mithra
Same here :wink:. I have already done Maths just not certificated so I need 2 As out of Physics (C average this year for an A overall :p:), Philosophy, Further maths and chemistry.

do you know where you want to go then?
Reply 786
Cyco
*pities the crazy fool*:rolleyes:
Judgements may be delayed, as january exams have swamped some of our academic staff, slowing their decision making/track updating, though they shouldn't always leave it till the last minute...

People doing chemistry should hear back soon, when the next set of ucas candidates appear - the department seems to work in batches of two or three interview days, when updating track.

No need to fret, they'll have it done soon...ish.
(We're just more important than you):p:

I've applied for theoretical physics. If the department of theoretical physics are anything like me, the Last Minute is the only time when stuff ever gets done. It's like a religious obligation =p.
Reply 787
sksflipper
do you know where you want to go then?

Imperial! :woo:

Or maybe Durham, but they'd have to be pretty stunning to change my mind :smile:
Reply 788
Name:kam
Course: Physics
GCSEs/equivalent; 1 A* 5 A's 3 B's and a C (LOL i didnt used to listen much at school)
AS subjects + grades/equivalent: Maths - A Physics - A Computing - A English literature - B
Predicted/actual subjects + grades: English literature - A, Physics - A, Maths - A Computing - A Further Maths(AS level only :s) - A (Predictions)
Other grades (UKCAT/AEA/STEP etc): NONE, how do you get these AEA distinction things and do they do them in the computing a level course..?
Reply 789
superkam
Other grades (UKCAT/AEA/STEP etc): NONE, how do you get these AEA distinction things and do they do them in the computing a level course..?

The AEA is a qualification (usually done alongside A2s) which is based on the A-level syllabus but involves a significantly harder exam. A pass grade is a merit and a better grade is a distinction. I don't know if there is one for the Computing A-level course - look it up. If it exists and you want to sit it, ask your exams officer.
Reply 790
Swayum
The AEA is a qualification (usually done alongside A2s) which is based on the A-level syllabus but involves a significantly harder exam. A pass grade is a merit and a better grade is a distinction. I don't know if there is one for the Computing A-level course - look it up. If it exists and you want to sit it, ask your exams officer.

Cool thanks for the info
Reply 791
Rite

don't worry, i felt the same and it all turned out well :wink:
Reply 792
Helllllo :smile:

Name: abbi182
Course: Biomedical Sciences
GCSEs: 9A* 4A
AS subjects + grades: Aaaa (maths, biology, chemistry, physics)
Predicted grades: AAAAA (maths, biology, chemistry, physics, further maths)
Other grades (UKCAT/AEA/STEP etc): BMAT
Reply 793
abbi182

Hi :smile:.

Have you heard back from Imperial yet? If you've got an offer, are you going to choose Imperial as your firm/insurance?
MatiZzZ
don't worry, i felt the same and it all turned out well :wink:

more than 12 weeks here, still nothing.:frown:
:sigh: :sigh: :sigh:
Reply 795
Swayum
Hi :smile:.

Have you heard back from Imperial yet? If you've got an offer, are you going to choose Imperial as your firm/insurance?

:smile: no nothing yet, but hopeful. :h:
Erm.. yes it will probably be my FIRM.
Reply 796
I've still had no offer/letter lolz. I guess I really did get rejected :P
Reply 797
abbi182

I'm jealous. Let me guess 20+ on the BMAT aswell?
abbi182

:biggrin: Yah, another prospective Imperial Biomedical scientist!
Reply 799
abbi182

I am so glad I didn't apply for Biomed Sciences :P

Latest

Trending

Trending