Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Schoolio93)
    apart from three two hour applied anatomy sessions, we've done no clinical stuff the whole term... It's a really theory science based course....
    lol, i feel it for you guys. I thought we had it bad...
    How much content have you covered lectures wise first term, out of interest?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    apart from three two hour applied anatomy sessions, we've done no clinical stuff the whole term... It's a really theory science based course....
    Do you not loose sight of the grand scheme of what you are aiming towards/the outcome? But I suppose that will come in when your clinicals begin.

Coming from a course at pretty much the opposite spectrum to yours, I feel that i would have far more difficulty retaining all the science without the clinical hook/foundation to attach knowledge to.

(Original post by SabreT)
    Don't lie, we had like 2 hours of obesity PBLs and 2 hours of diabetes lectures
    haha

You have PBLs?

ReputationRep:
    should have gone to ox, loads of clinical focus

ReputationRep:
    Have a brilliant Christmas day all !

ReputationRep:
    Merry Christmas, TSR medics.

ReputationRep:
    Yep, Merry Christmas guys.

ReputationRep:
    Wishing you all a Merry Christmas

May it be medicine/incident free :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Merry Christmas lads and ladettes!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Merry Christmas, everyone!!!
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Happy christmas people!! :xmas:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Happy Christmas!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SabreT)
    Don't lie, we had like 2 hours of obesity PBLs and 2 hours of diabetes lectures
    looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooool.
    The diabetes lectures were clinical yes, but they served more as introductory lectures towards the whole enzyme metabolism principles rather than help us gain any clinical knowledge. I found them pointless tbh.

PBL???????????????? REALLY mate>? Our supervisor for the two sessions didn't even know how to speak english lol. and then after the presentations she gave us the VET PBL handout (yellow sheets) with the answers rather than the MED PBL handout. So I went home reading stuff about animals looool..... great...
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Quick question. What is nuclear morphometry?

:merry:

ReputationRep:
    I hate to say this..... but....... yes I should have..... oxford is the best place for your clinicals...

But don't get happy.... lol.... Cambridge is known to have a better pre-clinical course lol - ha in your face...
    i meant for the emphasis on clinical significance of preclinical science..

what an odd reply!

ReputationRep:
    Erm, what's the latest you guys have left exam revision?

Im wanting to check whether Im the only solitary last minute douche in this or if others share MY PAIN.

ReputationRep:
    Merry Christmas everyone!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miss_Scarlett)
    Erm, what's the latest you guys have left exam revision?

Im wanting to check whether Im the only solitary last minute douche in this or if others share MY PAIN.
    I share your pain! I have done odds and sods but havent really hit the books proper yet and it doesnt help that i have to work pretty much all the time i am home. Ah well the week before the exams me thinks is going to be like 20 hour days

ReputationRep:
    Hope everyone had a lovely sparkly Christmas today :^_^: Here's to waking up midday tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Supermassive_muse_fan)
    Hope everyone had a lovely sparkly Christmas today :^_^: Here's to waking up midday tomorrow
    Midday - pfff I've been waking up like 2pm for the last week :/

ReputationRep:
    Oh Goodness, Skyrim is dominating my life! Brilliant game ... not so brilliant for deadlines and in the fight against the Christmas podge.

Belated Merry Christmas you bunch of champions.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.