Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by haziq17)
    Has anyone heard from Lady Margaret? I applied there for Maths
    I received an interview invitation for History from Lady Margaret yesterday evening. You can check here for automatic updates on which subjects have been shortlisted http://www.lmh.ox.ac.uk/prospective-...n-Updates.aspx

ReputationRep:
    Hi! Been lurking around these forums for a while now but haven't really said much because I find my questions already get answered here!

I got an invitation to interview from St Hugh's for biochemistry yesterday evening for Monday 7th, Tuesday and possibly Wednesday.
    However I would need to arrive at 8:30am. Since I live in Manchester, I was wondering if it would be possible to arrive on Sunday instead? Has anyone else enquired about this?

ReputationRep:
    Chemistry/biochemistry applicants: how are you preparing for your interviews?

I'm doing some past chemistry Olympiad questions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bj1)
    Hi! Been lurking around these forums for a while now but haven't really said much because I find my questions already get answered here!

I got an invitation to interview from St Hugh's for biochemistry yesterday evening for Monday 7th, Tuesday and possibly Wednesday.
    However I would need to arrive at 8:30am. Since I live in Manchester, I was wondering if it would be possible to arrive on Sunday instead? Has anyone else enquired about this?
    I think you can request to stay overnight (so on the Sunday) if you're distance from Oxford will make it difficult for you to reach there by 8.30am. It shouldn't in theory be a problem securing this and there's no harm in sending a quick email to the Admissions department (or whoever has been corresponding with you so far from St Hugh's) asking/informing them of this.

ReputationRep:
    Rejection from Magdalen for Experimental Psychology. Take all the remains of my pitiful luck, everyone who hasn't gotten a response yet!

Can we email the college asking for the reason we got rejected?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IIEquinoxII)
    I applied to lincoln
    for what course??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liliam)
    Rejection from Magdalen for Experimental Psychology. Take all the remains of my pitiful luck, everyone who hasn't gotten a response yet!

Aw, bad luck x

My friend got rejected today for English (and she has stupidly good grades; like 80% A* at GCSE and 4 As at AS??? :confused:) and we were talking to a teacher about this. He recommended we phone up the college, or, at the least, email them to ask for feedback on your application. Apparently a girl in our year who'd applied (I think for Psychology?) was rejected yesterday, and phoned up to ask for feedback, and got given a really helpful response. Not sure which college.

ps. What plans do you have now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tensedgirl)
    When did your friend receive the rejection? Anyone applied for Maths at Worcester?
    I applied for Computer Science at Worcester (so I took the MAT too). Have you heard anything back?

ReputationRep:
    Interview from Somerville for English. Email came at 11:47 (I'd been refreshing my inbox every 4 minutes). Any other Somervillians out there?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liliam)

(Original post by loveire&song)
    Aw, bad luck x

My friend got rejected today for English (and she has stupidly good grades; like 80% A* at GCSE and 4 As at AS??? :confused:) and we were talking to a teacher about this. He recommended we phone up the college, or, at the least, email them to ask for feedback on your application. Apparently a girl in our year who'd applied (I think for Psychology?) was rejected yesterday, and phoned up to ask for feedback, and got given a really helpful response. Not sure which college.

ps. What plans do you have now?
    Second this, but phone them, don't email them since they pretty much don't reply until interviews are over, a couple of friends who were rejected emailed and didn't get a response, but then called up and got good feedback

ReputationRep:
    Interview from University College for English!!

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if there is an admissions updates page for sg Edmund?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 333-morgan)
    Anyone heard anything from St.Anne's for PPE??
    Yes, I heard on Wednesday that I had an interview. Was reallocated from another college.

ReputationRep:
    I got an invitation for an interview today for Hertford for English on December the 6th, but the email says they may need me there until the 9th? Does anyone know what those extra days will involve? The email only says about two 20 minute interviews!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the-anonymous-me)
    what college? also for maths i think i read somewhere that they only invite about 30% of applicants as they shortlist with the MAT and 60% is amazing considering the average this year was 43
    You have to consider that there's a very high spread if you looked at the stats for previous years, and with this year being the hardest the spread could only be higher. Only 30%?!

ReputationRep:
    As A Lady Margaret Hall E&M applicant I still received no sign of rejection or an interview invitation. Should I contact the Admissions Office? Or do you think they still have not reached the deadline for considering my application? As an EU applicant I am increasingly worried- I should probably arrange my flight for 9.11....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LamantChenille)
    Got a rejection for French and Hebrew, though I can't say it wasn't anticipated after MLAT/Written work debacles. Naturally I'm disappointed, but I wish everyone else on here best of luck for your interviews etc.
    You can do it guys!
    How "bad" did you do at MLAT? I feel like I absolutely f_ked it up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PressTabStart)
    You have to consider that there's a very high spread if you looked at the stats for previous years, and with this year being the hardest the spread could only be higher. Only 30%?!
    ok I just looked it up and in 2014, 47% of applicants were shortlisted and in 2012 and 2013, it was 54% - I don't know where I thought I read 30%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by parky98)
    Anyone heard anything from Queens/ knows anyone who has??
    I've got an interview for chinese 😄

ReputationRep:
    Any news from St. John's Physics?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.