Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    United fans on Twitter really gassed over Falcao/sad over Welbeck. They loved the guy so it seems

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oh on another note, how much did we sell TV5 for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Wenger: no strikers available

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peggles_*)
    Surely these United meltdowns on twitter over Welbz cannot be real?! It's Welbeck bmt!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You'll learn to love him too! He's not a finisher, but he works hard, gives 100%, and never gives up or stops running. Also never whines!

ReputationRep:
    WELBZ DOE!! SAY NADA ZUP ZUP! Or what ever stupidness it is!

Edit: ZUP ZUP SAY NADA!! DAT GUY WELBZ

lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    (Original post by danielnkwocha)
    Oh on another note, how much did we sell TV5 for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    £15M

ReputationRep:
    It's all well and good wanting to build slowly, but what if Ramsey/Ozil/Chamberlain/Wilshere turn around and say "I wanna move to a team where I can actually win the league" we'd be back to squad one and having to rebuild once again. We just needed that ST and DM of quality to help us really have a proper go at the league, and the longer we continue not to do so, the more disillusioned they will become.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    [email protected] and wilshere making that demand

They've both done **** all in their careers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pete_91)
    When was the last time an English player went for less than 16m?

Genuine question. Good old English premium
    Rickie lambo

ReputationRep:
    Tbf, I think the Falcao move was more of a reminder that Manchester United can tear **** up at any given moment and we shouldn't forget that. Flexing their muscle and letting us know they can do a madness from 7th place.

They will concede so many goals, but score more!!
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    true, good point actually.
    united are obviously still a big club regardless of where they are in the league and still have unfairly ridiculous pull.
    i don't think we could realistically say the same for any other club if they finished anywhere below 7th this season.

i'm just hoping their defence stays as incompetent as it is now.
    the problem is that we don't play them until december, and it's at OT.
    they will have surely settled in by then and gelled pretty well, so it could be a very tough game - it's unfortunate that none of the big teams had the pleasure of playing united early on in these first few games.

(Original post by Arkasia)
    Don't worry, him and RvP will get injured and then United will be left with Rooney and...um...James Wilson? Seriously they sold way too many strikers. If he doesn't get injured then United will get top 4, and win every game 4-3.
    lmao that would be peak.
    they sold welbeck and hernandez - personally i would've only sold one of those and kept the other as emergency back up/cup game striker.

(Original post by manchesterunited15)
    We'll have one senior striker for months without him, so yes
    is RVP surgery confirmed and legit then?
    wasn't 100% how long he would be out for.

i still don't think you needed him though.
    no reason you couldn't have had rooney up front solo with mata and di maria flanking
    and then hernandez and welback as back up?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by baconbutty)
    [email protected] and wilshere making that demand

They've both done **** all in their careers
    i agree to an extent.

wilshere impresses me less and less every time i see him play.
    AOC is good and has great potential, but he isn't being played first team and it's not like he could just walk in to a championship winning team.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    is RVP surgery confirmed and legit then?
    wasn't 100% how long he would be out for.

i still don't think you needed him though.
    no reason you couldn't have had rooney up front solo with mata and di maria flanking
    and then hernandez and welback as back up?
    I dunno but that's what everyone's saying

We don't need him, in the sense that we could get by without him. But he's clearly a massive upgrade on those two and their wages off the books plus Welbeck's fee mean we're not losing much if any money
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    Lampard to City
    Welbeck to Arsenal
    Fabregas to Chelsea
    Balotelli to Liverpool

Who could have guessed at the start of this window.

ReputationRep:
    I am really sad to see Welbeck leave

ReputationRep:
    Seriously you lot will fall in love with Welbeck, He has such a high workrate and determination to succeed. He could really turn into a great striker at Arsenal but it seems unlikely. Wish him the best of luck, even if he's joined Arsenal

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AbdulKoyes)
    I am really sad to see Welbeck leave
    To be fair I do get it, it's like if Wilshere left, I'd be devastated, seeing one of your own go. Haven't seen a bad word said by any of your lot so far. Some going as far as saying it's ruined the Falcao deal for them!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manchesterunited15)
    I dunno but that's what everyone's saying

We don't need him, in the sense that we could get by without him. But he's clearly a massive upgrade on those two and their wages off the books plus Welbeck's fee mean we're not losing much if any money
    oh yeah, he's definitely an upgrade, plus the welbeck sale will fund his loan.

i mean he's a great player and i don't think any team would say no to him, but i feel like you could've maybe gotten an extra defensive player or two instead of falcao - more being it a question of time than money with it being deadline day of course.

(Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    Lampard to City
    Welbeck to Arsenal
    Fabregas to Chelsea
    Balotelli to Liverpool

Who could have guessed at the start of this window.
    no offence to the kid but i kinda feel like you got the worst deal there, especially when you factor in prices.

ReputationRep:
    To be fair I do get it, it's like if Wilshere left, I'd be devastated, seeing one of your own go. Haven't seen a bad word said by any of your lot so far.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Jokes on you. Welbz is cup tied for the League Cup.

ReputationRep:
    Ugh at least we have someone better than Sanogo now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    no offence to the kid but i kinda feel like you got the worst deal there, especially when you factor in prices.
    Fabregas >>>>>>>>>Welbeck = Balotelli > Lampard

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kenan and Kel)
    Jokes on you. Welbz is cup tied for the League Cup.
    Dat Guy Welbz? So no Zup Zup I'm guessing?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: September 22, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.