Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spark27)
    Just at this MD's party in his apartment
    Seems legit to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spark27)
    I heard some yarns that you've been offering extra performances under the desk at the Goldman Sachs. Is this true?
    If you're suggesting what I think you are, I think it's absolutely horrendous that you would attempt to.
    Ok, it may be a joke, but the fact that this is the first joke that comes to mind because she's a girl really undermines the hard work that women in the city have done to get where they are

Seen quite a bit of latent misogyny on this thread but this is particularly bad.
    I worry about going into banking because of people who would say things like that. :sigh:

Well done purple_fox on all the success
    (That can be said without the sexist undertones)

^^Coming from a 'bro', as someone asked

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard back from RBC? rejections? Places?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    SEO event was good, glad to meet some of you guys!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abdul-Karim)
    Where was the event held?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nxjx)
    Where was the event held?
    Canary Wharf - HSBC

ReputationRep:
    Indeed, was good event and finally met!
    Can't wait to see you guys again during SW

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if CS have a fast track day at the end of the Spring Week? Or know how the conversion process works?

ReputationRep:
    has anyone heard from RBC yet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD315)
    Does anyone know if CS have a fast track day at the end of the Spring Week? Or know how the conversion process works?
    housemate who did it last year was invited back middle of may to london for the final round

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by welcometoib)
    housemate who did it last year was invited back middle of may to london for the final round
    Ah ok, thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sun_Bear)
    Again limited skill set, would go into it if you are good at building relationships and gaining the trust of other people more than analytical. Helps if you can speak multiple languages. Shorter hours than ibd .I think if you are a well rounded person and not really sure what you want to go into, ibd would be your best bet. The skills are the most transferable but is probably the hard to get into and the hours are extremely long.

There are 2 good websites which I use which have a huge amount of info on all areas of ib, hedge funds and pe.
    Firstly; http://news.efinancialcareers.com/uk...30#moresectors

Secondly; http://www.mergersandinquisitions.com/articles

Although pretty American, gives extremely good info on recruiting and what's it's like on the job for pretty much all financial services careers. I thought this site was excellent and was the main site I used when I was starting out.
    That's some pretty solid advise there, could I please hear your take on my situation; or anyone else's opinion.

I'm a first year student at Imperial with two SWs, BNNP in CIB and Barclays in Business Function (if pursued would go into risk), as well as HSBC's First Year Summer Internship (if pursued would go into commercial); but I can only do (if I successfully convert) one penultimate internship.....

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    BAML summer - anyone received an interview yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by davidmizrahi)
    has anyone heard from RBC yet
    They will contact everyone on the week of 23 Mar. That was what they told me in the telephone interview

ReputationRep:
    Anyone recently heard from HSBC investment bank?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gerry_m)
    Anyone for RBC know if the interview is HR or an actual banker? Anyone had it yet like to give a preview

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Mine was with a recruitment lady. For some reason she told me she studied at LSE

ReputationRep:
    Yeah my guy told me he made 2.2 mil on a deal last year for RBC..

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lizzygrant)
    Anyone recently heard from HSBC investment bank?
    Not 100% but I'm pretty confident they're done with recruiting for this cycle.

ReputationRep:
    Not 100% but I'm pretty confident they're done with recruiting for this cycle.
    Have yet to hear back from them since telephone interview at the beginning of February. Is it worth emailing them?
    Also do they call you for the good news like Morgan Stanley or just email?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lizzygrant)
    Have yet to hear back from them since telephone interview at the beginning of February. Is it worth emailing them?
    Also do they call you for the good news like Morgan Stanley or just email?
    They call to give an offer.

I would definitely shoot their HR grad recruitment team an email. Good luck, have you got any other offers?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.