Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

(Original post by IDukem)
    :hugs: To everyone having a tough night thus far!

You're all wonderful human beings that provide a positive spark in peoples lives, I know you have for mine. You are loved by someone, you are very much deserving to be happy and gosh darn it I believe in each and every single one of you. I wish you ALL the happiness and love in the world, the kind of happiness and love that makes you feel safe and warm and this is the type that you deserve. As easier said than done, don't let the naysayers get to you! They try to drag you down for the reason that they're jealous of the fact you're above them. Much love to ALL of you, take care and stay safe because there will always be someone (or more) out there who adores you

#TeamIBelieve

:lovehug:
    xx
    That's so sweet

I'm starting to realise looking back on my posts that I look like a total idiot and I need to sort out my finances and my stupid head.

ReputationRep:
    ^ me
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Riku)
    I'm just being very very honest about every little thought I have had over the past 4 years and childhood and some of them suggest I am not always in touch with reality, but I don't want to go to hospital what would my family and friends think?!

It's a mix of phobias, OCD, paranoia and delusions on the extreme end of the scale, and my counsellor at uni suggested me to this team just to be on the safe side before I was discharged from her and graduated.

I'm really scared if I'm honest aren't they going to section me but it seems like t's the only way to finally get a better more specific diagnosis than 'anxiety/depression'
    Scary and Panda have summed it up quite well. Like, I've NEVER been in hospital, and that's despite being (for lack of a better turn of phrase) pretty damn crazy at points.

Spoiler:
    Show
    Even when I tried to commit suicide, or said to my psychiatrist "I am definitely going to die on X date", no one even SUGGESTED hospital, let alone sectioned me!

(Original post by Cinnie)
    I said i'm so good but I don't actually know. It's like i'm not actually real so it doesn't matter.

:jumphug:

(Original post by bullettheory)
    Thank you TLG :hugs: I may go and speak to a minister and ask them if they can help me. Thank you for your concern and your kindness and your wealth of knowledge, it is much appreciated. :hugs:
    No worries hun, just wanna look out for you. If you have any specific questions, you can PM me but best be warned that I'm in Oxford tomorrow (God help me!) and won't be checking TSR at all tomorrow, so answers won't come til Tuesday afternoon post-therapy

Also, I didn't say this earlier for fear that people will jump on me for saying it BUT

Spoiler:
    Show
    If you really are sure you're possessed - and I really don't think you are - there are channels within both the Catholic and, I think, the Pentecostal churches for getting exorcisms done. However exorcisms are very rare in the Catholic Church these days and tend to happen in countries like America rather than here. That said, you can still mention your concerns to a Catholic priest and if they think you need one, they can help you take it further.

(Original post by IDukem)
    :hugs: To everyone having a tough night thus far!

You're all wonderful human beings that provide a positive spark in peoples lives, I know you have for mine. You are loved by someone, you are very much deserving to be happy and gosh darn it I believe in each and every single one of you. I wish you ALL the happiness and love in the world, the kind of happiness and love that makes you feel safe and warm and this is the type that you deserve. As easier said than done, don't let the naysayers get to you! They try to drag you down for the reason that they're jealous of the fact you're above them. Much love to ALL of you, take care and stay safe because there will always be someone (or more) out there who adores you

#TeamIBelieve

:lovehug:
    xx
    SO MUCH LOVE FOR THIS HASH TAG

#YesThatWasDeliberatelyInCapsLoc k

ReputationRep:
    I'm really sorry for posting such weird crap.... I haven't slept in a few days and my fantasy world is getting a bit ridiculous at times.

ReputationRep:
    I'm really sorry for posting such weird crap.... I haven't slept in a few days and my fantasy world is getting a bit ridiculous at times.
    Cinnie, you sound like you're up in the clouds like I am.

(Original post by Riku)
    Spoiler:
    Show

guessing you and Cinnie have bipolar? x
    No idea munchkin. Bullettheory is 1000000000000% convinced I'm in a 'hypomanic episode'
    I just feel like i'm made of roses and glitter, so i really don't get why everyones on my arse.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Riku)
    Spoiler:
    Show

I'm not quite that bad, but I am telling them that when I was on Fluoxetine a couple of years back I became a god one day and would have survived the rails on the train, I could absorb electricity ot even the police could have stopped me. But I didn't try because I was bored. I am also telling them I sometimes have a funny thought of pushing someone off a high wall which makes me a bad person and I punish myself for it in lots of ways, and that maybe I'm a paedo/rapist/maybe I am secretly wanting to hurt everyone all along. I also tell them about how I don't like being in the same room as First Aid dummies in case they steal my soul and trap me in the dumb, or saying Candyman to the mirror 3 times, and how I pray to God when I wished my parents would turn into puppets when we had arguments which was a bad thing to do (which is silly because does it even exist), and how I don't like playing on my TV late at night because this one time Kermit the Frog came up as a logo and sucked me ito this nightmare world which I don't know how I escape from or whether it was just a dream. This was a few years ago. I really just want to wake up from this long 4 year dream where I become ill near A Levels and my life just gets really weird, Inception suggested maybe this is the dream all along

I don't think I have been psychotic but I bloody well better have OCD or I'm going to worry. Well except for the heart worry you saw on the ED support thread where I had heart diease from 18 to 20 y/o when I first joined and the becoming a god thingy I'm telling you about. x
    Spoiler:
    Show
    youre overthinking it. and they're never ever ever going to section you because of something in the past. ever. stop worrying about what you do or don't have because these things become self fulfilling prophecies. go and tell them the truth and you will get a proper diagnosis and proper treatment - the things you've experienced are the things you've experienced - it doesn't matter what they label it under really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    Scary and Panda have summed it up quite well. Like, I've NEVER been in hospital, and that's despite being (for lack of a better turn of phrase) pretty damn crazy at points.

Spoiler:
    Show
    Even when I tried to commit suicide, or said to my psychiatrist "I am definitely going to die on X date", no one even SUGGESTED hospital, let alone sectioned me!

:jumphug:

No worries hun, just wanna look out for you. If you have any specific questions, you can PM me but best be warned that I'm in Oxford tomorrow (God help me!) and won't be checking TSR at all tomorrow, so answers won't come til Tuesday afternoon post-therapy

Also, I didn't say this earlier for fear that people will jump on me for saying it BUT

Spoiler:
    Show
    If you really are sure you're possessed - and I really don't think you are - there are channels within both the Catholic and, I think, the Pentecostal churches for getting exorcisms done. However exorcisms are very rare in the Catholic Church these days and tend to happen in countries like America rather than here. That said, you can still mention your concerns to a Catholic priest and if they think you need one, they can help you take it further.

Spoiler:
    Show

Thanks TLG :hugs: if you've read my above comments of some of my thoughts, what do you think they'll suggest? They're coming from the best MH centre there is in my county.
    X

Does anyone ever see things out of the corner of their eye or something but then there isn't anything there? This keeps happening to me. I keep thinking there's spiders running across the floor or bugs on the floor or in the air but there isn't.

ReputationRep:
    :cry:
    **** sake can't ******* do this any more i'm a worthless piece of crap and i hate myself and i want to scream and run and cry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .snowflake.)
    Cinnie, you sound like you're up in the clouds like I am.
    Definitely not manic or anything, feeling lots of intense emotions in fairly brief bursts... like really intense happiness, sadness, totally out of it etc.. but it's more the line between reality and other idea's i've got going in loops in my head..

definitely not an issue with mood.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScaryScience)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    youre overthinking it. and they're never ever ever going to section you because of something in the past. ever. stop worrying about what you do or don't have because these things become self fulfilling prophecies. go and tell them the truth and you will get a proper diagnosis and proper treatment - the things you've experienced are the things you've experienced - it doesn't matter what they label it under really.

OK that's relieving I've printed the list of of 'unusual thoughts' and see what they say

:hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Team_McDreamy)
    :cry:
    **** sake can't ******* do this any more i'm a worthless piece of crap and i hate myself and i want to scream and run and cry
    Run to me and i'll give you a big hug :hugs: .. You are not a piece of crap xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Does anyone ever see things out of the corner of their eye or something but then there isn't anything there? This keeps happening to me. I keep thinking there's spiders running across the floor or bugs on the floor or in the air but there isn't.
    Yeah I sometimes see drips coming from doorways out the corner of my eyes. Never worked out what that is. There's certainly no drips there when I look.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Riku)
    OK I really don't want to nor get classed as psychotic but what will they do instead? I don't want them to just say 'you're fine now **** off', they have psychs who can figure out what I really have cos CAMHS were a bit lazy and I didn't know enough then

Panda I've posted some of my thoughts upstairs if it'll help
    i know you dont want a diagnosis of that, but were trying to let you know that its unlikely you will get that diagnosis, so please dont go in thinking you will.
    it depends on if you get any diagnosis from them, when i had a MH assessment with EIT i got a diagnosis of paranoia (on top of my depression diagnosis) but i wasnt sent to a psych, a psych suggested medication for me by reading what the nurse wrote during the assessment. unless you have a serious diagnosis, its unlikely you will get to see a psych because there just isnt the funding available in mental health.

ReputationRep:
    ^ me
    You're not an idiot, far from it! I may not be helpful with the financial stuff, but I want to let you know that you're cared for by us and that I wish you the best of luck sweetheart :hugs:

You have a lot going for you I'm sure and you will never be alone as long as we're here! We believe in you :hugs:

I used it before and I figured it needed to comeback

Duke loves you all :lovehug:

#TeamIBelieve

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Riku)
    [B]

Spoiler:
    Show

Thanks TLG :hugs: if you've read my above comments of some of my thoughts, what do you think they'll suggest? They're coming from the best MH centre there is in my county.
    X
    you must remember none of us can give you any kind of decent answer at all. I know youre a bit anxious etc but its no good asking us for advice! we're here for tea and cuddles, but we are not trained professionals. anything we say might worry you even further, please just wait to see someone qualified. we cannot give you the answers.

ReputationRep:
    Run to me and i'll give you a big hug :hugs: .. You are not a piece of crap xxx
    i am im disgusting and ugly and fat and i hate it and i don't see why everybody else can't see it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    That's been happening to me a lot recently actually. Not sure if it's MH related or I'm just tired.

-------------------

Finished my first ever uni essay, super proud! Having a few rest days before I start then next one.

ReputationRep:
    Been having an alright time recently as I'm back at uni and actually have friends again. But I think the pressure will come back soon. It's not like my job where I hated it at least, I enjoy it its just stressful doing final year. Any other final year peeps here?

P.S wolfie if you see this sorry for not replying to your quote, something came up and I can't re-find the post on my phone!

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by Team_McDreamy)
    i am im disgusting and ugly and fat and i hate it and i don't see why everybody else can't see it
    Do you intentionally hurt people for your own pleasure? Is your BMI classed as morbidly obese? If you're answering no.. then you are none of those things and you just deserve self love and :hugs:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 25, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.