Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A Mysterious Lord)
    I know it's a bit of a comedown from Wembley but is anyone thinking of going to one of the domestic friendlies? Going to try for Fleetwood Town myself.
    Hoping to go Tranmere on 8th July

ReputationRep:
    Well it appears we are doing our usual, in that we are heavily linked with players but then far too long in negotiations and the deal never materializes, ah well still plenty of time left..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BigWillow)
    Well it appears we are doing our usual, in that we are heavily linked with players but then far too long in negotiations and the deal never materializes, ah well still plenty of time left..
    Matip and Karius already signed though?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    Matip and Karius already signed though?
    True, however what about Zielinski, who apparently is more likely to go to Napoli now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bammy jastard 27)
    How can you compare Zayn Malik with Rihanna.

Zayn is **** and is for young teenage girls.
    Whereas Rihanna's audience is primarily old men

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by difeo)
    Whereas Rihanna's audience is primarily old men
    Cc

http://youtu.be/QpeLk91YoMM

Lmao

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Won't be surprised if we sell Coutinho - that's typical of us, sell our good players, buy potential **** players. We're going in circles not forwards.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    The PSG thing certainly feels like a worrying halfway house. You imagine they'll tempt Coutinho. He's been with us since 2013 now, and played only one season in the CL. By the same token, he probably hasn't done enough to force the big, big move - to Real, Barcelona et al - so PSG would be a reasonable next destination for him. I certainly don't see him going anywhere else in England.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LFC_fan_321)
    Won't be surprised if we sell Coutinho - that's typical of us, sell our good players, buy potential **** players. We're going in circles not forwards.
    No team likes selling their best players. But when the player wants to leave you cannot hold him prison!

I think coutinho has been contemplating about leaving for soo long now, he's fluctuation performance is a huge red flag that he doesnt wanna be here.

If we do sell him though I believe champions league football is something that we wont achieve for atleast the next 5 years.

The club needs ARABIC owners.

This thing that we're doing of trying to develop players instead of buying proven class is exactly how a top 8 team acts!

Had we wont the UEL things would be 100%. I mean even gotze would be here.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    The rumours around Gotze are worrying - not because they suggest he wants to stay at Bayern, but because they suggest he's holding out for a mega, mega move.

ReputationRep:
    Not sure where Gotze could go though. He's not going to be wanted by Madrid or Barcelona as a starter. Anything else would be a backwards step in terms of team prestige.

I think he bought into his own hype

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bryci)
    Not sure where Gotze could go though. He's not going to be wanted by Madrid or Barcelona as a starter. Anything else would be a backwards step in terms of team prestige.

I think he bought into his own hype
    Gotze apparently said that only Barca, Madrid or maybe Arsenal wouldn't be a step down from where he is now. Don't see Arsenal buying him, though. Hoping he gets desperate in August and decides to come to us .

ReputationRep:
    Good shout for Atletico that would be

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Atlético don't need him they have Koke and Griezmann who play the role he's likely to play there(Griezmann supporting striker, Koke creative midfielder) so he'd be surplus to requirements there too. They've also just bought Gaitan meaning no space for him on the flank.

He wouldn't start for them. He'd be good for Juve though.

ReputationRep:
    Not liking the Coutinho links to PSG.

Yes we could receive £40-50m from the sale but I don't think we can use that money to get a worthwhile replacement.

Klopp is great but there's only so much pull he can have without European football.
    There's no point selling Coutinho unless we can get a replacement of similar quality, and personally I don't think we can right now.

If we somehow sign Götze, then fair enough, but we all know that isn't happening and it would be so depressing to see us continually sell our best players (Suarez, Sterling and now Coutinho).
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Koeman now in talks with Everton over getting the Goodison Park job.

I thought Southampton were our feeder club?

ReputationRep:
    Would hate to be a southampton fan.

Reckon they'll get De Boer now.

ReputationRep:
    ffs tickets to the Liverpool v Barca game are sold out

Also, PSG would have to pay over the odds for Coutinho, he's one of our most important players so he wouldn't go cheaply. I really hope he doesn't force a move.

ReputationRep:
    Klopp also sold best players at BVB, that with the fact that we normally replace our best players with shite ones isn't looking good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LFC_fan_321)
    Klopp also sold best players at BVB, that with the fact that we normally replace our best players with shite ones isn't looking good.
    Who is "we" because you aren't a Liverpool fan mate

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.