The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by shawn_o1
OK he might still have it in him but you know what we are while Arsene continues to rule over us. That tendency to fall flat on our faces regardless of the players we have...
In other words, even doing the most un-Arsene thing and spending loads won't change the end of season result.

I don't know, I would just be happy to see that Giroud is getting the **** away from the starting spot.

Vardy may have only had one good season, but he is a lot more deserving in his level of skill to be an Arsenal starting striker than Giroud will ever be.
Original post by midnightice
Xhaka and Vardy.

Glad we're adding some ***** to our squad.

Mate, our fans have been saying we're too nice for a long time. We sign two lads that look like absolute dickheads that will not take **** from anyone. And the fans are not happy still?! We're not Real Madrid ffs.

Original post by The Roast
Arsenal in talks with Vardy, apparently.

Arsene on coke.

Spoiler

Xhaka and Vardy.

Glad we're adding some ***** to our squad.

Hold your horses Vardy and Arsenal are in talks.
Original post by James.Carnell
Mate, our fans have been saying we're too nice for a long time. We sign two lads that look like absolute dickheads that will not take **** from anyone. And the fans are not happy still?! We're not Real Madrid ffs.

To be fair I thought we had one in Gabriel, but he's very soft in reality. I think Wenger's finally just thought "**** it" and has had enough with the 'solidarity' project that he preaches every season.

I won't be convinced unless we sign at least 3 more players. A world class striker is an absolute must, needless to say. Perhaps we can think of Vardy, if it goes through, as a replacement for the injured Welbeck, albeit they are entirely different players. We will sign another defender but this has to be someone who will start and take a commanding role in the team; more than likely this will just be a squad player...

I have very low expectations that we will make that marquee striker signing. Aubameyang would be my dream, but one can only hope. :moon:
To be fair I thought we had one in Gabriel, but he's very soft in reality. I think Wenger's finally just thought "**** it" and has had enough with the 'solidarity' project that he preaches every season.

I won't be convinced unless we sign at least 3 more players. A world class striker is an absolute must, needless to say. Perhaps we can think of Vardy, if it goes through, as a replacement for the injured Welbeck, albeit they are entirely different players. We will sign another defender but this has to be someone who will start and take a commanding role in the team; more than likely this will just be a squad player...

I have very low expectations that we will make that marquee striker signing. Aubameyang would be my dream, but one can only hope. :moon:

Vardy is not a long term solution. He is 2-3 seasons max, a big roll of the dice. And if we win the league with him who cares about whether he is long term? We need a good run in Europe too, to get some belief back into this club. I would hate to think we have peaked as an FA Cup winning team but unless something big happens that is what we look like.

If we win the league, it gives us a lot more prestige than we have right now, to go out and get the most sought after strikers.

Make no mistake about it, Vardy will finish off chances. He will also be wanting to prove that he is amongst the best. Whether he will make it here is debatable, it's not easy to be an heir of Henry, Bergkamp, Wright and co. But, I am sure with Ozil etc pinging passes to him he will thrive.

Defensively I am not too keen on Benatia, too injury prone. Gabriel has not been great, Koulialy looks much more established.
We should see it this way: if we don't invest... our best players will leave. And then we are back to square one.
Original post by atom y humber
I personally am praying to the God Jesus Christ and wishing the Buddhist luck in their attempt to keep vardy. I hope like everything this season, they succeed and we fail. Don't want that prick near my club. Sign lacazette and morata ffs.

Such a Liverpool thing isn't it.

And yet it's Arsenal trying to do it..

Original post by James.Carnell
Liverpool offered him £140,000 per week but can't meet his release clause as they're not in the CL , yet you laugh at us for finishing 4th. LOL.

Considering Arsenal don't know how release clauses work (see Suarez circa 2013), let's go through it.

- Vardy has a release clause which means if a CL qualified club make a bid (mooted to be £20mil) then Leicester have to accept
- if a non-CL club makes a bid then Leicester can negotiate or reject it

Now, what do you think will happen in a non-CL club bids more than the release clause? Do you think Leicester will turn down extra money?
Original post by Zerforax
And yet it's Arsenal trying to do it..

Considering Arsenal don't know how release clauses work (see Suarez circa 2013), let's go through it.

- Vardy has a release clause which means if a CL qualified club make a bid (mooted to be £20mil) then Leicester have to accept
- if a non-CL club makes a bid then Leicester can negotiate or reject it

Now, what do you think will happen in a non-CL club bids more than the release clause? Do you think Leicester will turn down extra money?

Errrr your clubs trying to get into the action as well though........
Are we just going to ignore the fact that we did trigger the clause and you guys acted illegally/ backstabbing Suarez and chose to ignore it. Should I post you that video of your chairman admitting to it.

I don't think you know how release clause works. You can bid 100m if you want to. If vardy wants to come he's ours.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Rk2k14
Yeah he won't make it in a system that requires its striker to be able to hold the ball up and do a lot with little influence in a game. Don't know if you've notice but Arsenal aren't the most direct of teams.
Essentially a better Giroud.

Arsenal can go for him by all means. Will be lol's once they realise he isn't as good as they think.

Comparing him to Giroud is just as bad as comparing him to Van Persie.

You really think Arsene wants his team to play slow football against defensive teams? Looking purely at his skillset, Vardy is the sort of player Arsenal should be targeting.
Original post by Listers
You don't go King's College?
Shocker.

Haha, blatant dupe alert.

You joined 2 weeks ago and have almost 300 posts.

Have a word.
Original post by Jimmy Seville
Haha, blatant dupe alert.

You joined 2 weeks ago and have almost 300 posts.

Have a word.

Yeah and you joined in 2015 and have only 1 follower.

LOL, moronic troll.
Great signing if it comes off. Not many strikers available on the market and he's a finisher pure and simple.
Original post by Listers
Yeah and you joined in 2015 and have only 1 follower.

LOL, moronic troll.

Hi Ali
Original post by Listers
You don't go King's College?

Shocker.

Is there anything that smacks of "I'm a virgin" more than uni wars?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zayn is Bae
Is there anything that smacks of "I'm a virgin" more than uni wars?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Probs having the word 'Bae' in a username.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Jimmy Seville
Hi Ali

Is it that deep man? Honestly do you need to see a psychiatrist or something? The word gets thrown around a lot but you genuinely have an obsession with me. Leave me alone.
Original post by AliRizzo
Is it that deep man? Honestly do you need to see a psychiatrist or something? The word gets thrown around a lot but you genuinely have an obsession with me. Leave me alone.

The guy is a confirmed bell. The avatar, and the way he types gives it away.

No wonder he's taking BTEC'S hahahaha.
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Comparing him to Giroud is just as bad as comparing him to Van Persie.

You really think Arsene wants his team to play slow football against defensive teams? Looking purely at his skillset, Vardy is the sort of player Arsenal should be targeting.

I didn't compared him to Giroud.
Do you even comprehend.

I said Arsenal would benefit from a striker who does Giroud's job, but better. Lukaku would be a beast.

Fundamental issues still remain. Arsenal do not play the system which allows Vardy to thrive. Do you really think Wenger is going to accommodate a striker after he's ****ed about for years?
Mixed feelings on vardy..

I mean, the value is decent - bbc saying 20m release clause. Not many strikers you can get for that.. let alone one with a PL medal, a 24 goal season in the league etc.

Agree with those who are comparing it to RVP going to united.. pay the price, get a few good years before he is past it, and then move on.

--

I would not be happy if it was our only forward signing though, as I still feel like Vardy, Giroud, Welbeck - is just not strong enough for a title winning side. I know that seems rediculous as Vardy was just in a title winning side, but what worries me about him is that he wont have the same link-up/connection with the arsenal players as he had at leicster.. can he replicate his sucess?

Vardy + A decent exciting young prospect, icardi/morata type... and I would be very happy that our striking options are covered for a while.

But to be honest, I don't see Vardy happening. Sure he may have a release clause, but why would he leave this year? for more money? - leicster have enough to boost up his contract a bit.. hes just won the league, is adored by fans, loves his team mates, and will get CL football.

Reckon he will be eyeing a move to a top club next year, not this year. He will put in a solid performance next season, but when leicster drop down to 6th/7th or somewhere, he will take his big pay-check to move to somewhere else.

Latest