The European/World Football Thread II Watch

This discussion is closed.
Kevmeister
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Highlights of Ligue 1 will be available on youtube next season - they'll be up on the Monday.

Good news, I like the French league but its hard to see a lot of it at the moment.
marcusmerehay
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Yeah, I always end up catching snippets of it on Eurogoals on Eurosport (like Hazard's reverse-chip-cross the other week :coma:).

Good stuff, I very much look forward to it.
ra-ra-ra
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Kevmeister)
Courtois is on a two season loan and Atleti are in bad financial shape - someone mentioned they owe Porto money for Falcao?
As far as I was aware I read (in Ojogo or Record) that we had received our money eventually but it was more about how Atleti went about getting that money. It was all third party investment funds but we have been paid. Atleti only paid €20m or so of it as the rest of the money they got from Aguero went off to the tax authorities (as they some sort of agreement to pay so much every so often) and therefore coundn’t afford to pay the rest of Falcaos fee, which is why these third parties stepped in. Atleti have been in a bad financial situation for years with their tremendously high tax debt.

And i thought Courtois was only a year but there were talks with Atleti to extend the stay as both Courtois and Atleti wanted one more season. Then the next thing i read about him was that Chelsea wanted to send him off to gain experience with an English club so then i kinda guessed there was no agreement to extend it?
marcusmerehay
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Nelson Oliveira has been included in Paulo Bento's 23-man Portugal squad.

A very brave, Sven-Walcott-esque move, IMO, considering they have Vierinha and (in particular) Liedson who they aren't taking.
marcusmerehay
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Ligue 1 Team of the Season:

Lloris

Debuchy -- N'Koulou -- Hilton -- Bedimo

Capoue -- Mavuba

Hazard (PotY) -- Nêne -- Belhanda (YPotY)

Giroud

Manager of the Year - René Girard (Montpellier)
Kallisto
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
What a match! I'll never forget what was happen in Düsseldorf. Absolutely crazy!
KingMessi
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by jit987)
Ruud van Nistelrooy announces his retirement this summer, after deciding not to renew his contract with Malaga.
A shame. He was an absolutely wonderful striker...
Kallisto
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by KingMessi)
A shame. He was an absolutely wonderful striker...
You are right, but every career will be at an end one day. He has got many awards as individual player: all in all he was top scorer six times (one time in Netherlands, England, Spain and three times in champions league).
Kevmeister
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Ambrosini has signed a new, one-year deal with Milan. One of the most underrated players of the last decade or so.
Kallisto
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Ambrosini has signed a new, one-year deal with Milan. One of the most underrated players of the last decade or so.
In my opinion Ambrosini is a good player for milan at least. By the leavings which milan have to bear in the next season, he could be an important one.
Da_hopeful_1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Valencia close to signing Sporting Lisbon & Portugal right back, Joao Pereira.
Kevmeister
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Lucio set to leave Inter - transfer request has been accepted.
ra-ra-ra
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Nothing set in stone with Joao Pereira and this guy is constantly linked to clubs. In the build up towards the January transfer window Record reported 5 clubs wanted to sign him but yet he never left.

Inter look like they've decided to pursue the buy out option on Fredy Guarin. €1.5m for the loan and a further €11m to buy. Considering under AVB he was great and important but under Vitor Pereira he was complete different and non-existent, to get €12.5m for him isn't bad.
Colonel.
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Ambrosini :coma:

And Gattuso wanting to go to Rangers :lol:
Zerforax
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by ra-ra-ra)
Nothing set in stone with Joao Pereira and this guy is constantly linked to clubs. In the build up towards the January transfer window Record reported 5 clubs wanted to sign him but yet he never left.

Inter look like they've decided to pursue the buy out option on Fredy Guarin. €1.5m for the loan and a further €11m to buy. Considering under AVB he was great and important but under Vitor Pereira he was complete different and non-existent, to get €12.5m for him isn't bad.
Don't trust the Italian with loan deals!

If he is amazingly great, they will exercise the option to buy
If he is good/average, they will say they want him but can't afford him and will use the buy price as the maximum price and try to negotiate the price down
If he is average to poor, they won't buy him
Kallisto
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Lucio set to leave Inter - transfer request has been accepted.
I read that he want also to play in Brazil, but he doesn't exclude a moving to an Europe club. Are there concrete names?
R-KAM
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Colonel.)
Ambrosini :coma:

And Gattuso wanting to go to Rangers :lol:
:lol:
Kevmeister
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Great piece on Del Piero.
ra-ra-ra
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Zerforax)
Don't trust the Italian with loan deals!

If he is amazingly great, they will exercise the option to buy
If he is good/average, they will say they want him but can't afford him and will use the buy price as the maximum price and try to negotiate the price down
If he is average to poor, they won't buy him

Ah, done deal on this one though.

O FC Porto chegou a acordo com o Inter de Milão para a cedência a título definitivo do jogador colombiano Fredy Guarín.

O valor da transferência é de 11 milhões de euros.

A formalização final deste acordo fica agora dependente da assinatura de contrato do jogador com o Inter de Milão.
Confirmed by Porto themselves, now it's down to Guarin to agree personal terms.

€11m on someone who has had a handful of games. Hopefully for Guarin he'll stop picking up injuries and turn out to be the player he was in the 10/11 season.
Strangeclouds
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
The Agnellis need to be shot. Reading that piece on Del Piero posted above just made me realise how much he's done for the club. I can remember those Madrid goals like the back of my hand and he's proved even this year that he's better than the no hopers currently starting for them. We all like a one club player, but imo he's above and beyond.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (108)
19.78%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (222)
40.66%
Nope, not that interesting (216)
39.56%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed