Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

NFL talk? Questions about American football? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Man the Eagles curse is still alive. Would in a way love it if San Diego could keep it alive

ReputationRep:
    Chargers did beat Broncos away in Week 15 iirc? It could be an interesting one... but Peyton Manning will probably hold up the Broncos for another week.

Indy to take it in New England
    I'd pick the Panthers against the 49ers.
    Seattle, of course, against New Orleans

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cant_think_of_name)
    Chargers did beat Broncos away in Week 15 iirc? It could be an interesting one... but Peyton Manning will probably hold up the Broncos for another week.

Indy to take it in New England
    I'd pick the Panthers against the 49ers.
    Seattle, of course, against New Orleans
    Chargers did beat Broncos yeah.

I'm happy we got Indy of all the teams we match up the best against them.

Can't see 49ers losing to Panthers. Seattle obviously against NO.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    Chargers did beat Broncos yeah.

I'm happy we got Indy of all the teams we match up the best against them.

Can't see 49ers losing to Panthers. Seattle obviously against NO.
    Yeah, I just don't see them repeating that. Manning is just too good really. That said he needs to stop trying to break records and actually do what's best for the team :rolleyes:

I can see that game going either way really. But if the Colts play like they did in that second half against the Chiefs I think they'll take it..

Really? I can - the Panthers D is just nasty. I don't think they'll let Kaepernick get too many points really, and I like Cam Newton as a QB... again though, that'll go either way.

I feel like Seattle will lose now that we've said all this... but I just don't see it going any other way :shrug:

ReputationRep:
    New on this chat...

But wow Bungles really can't win playoffs game what a shock I really taught they could win now that Texans wasnt around to stop them.. but no Dalton had to throw picks.

49ers got the best out of GB but I doubt they beat Panthers.

Pick for next week.

Saints > Hawks (Seattle not really that special now that Zona beat them)
    Panthers > 49ers
    Broncos > Chargers
    Indy(as much as I hate them) > Pats

No bias answers I support Texans btw.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cant_think_of_name)
    Yeah, I just don't see them repeating that. Manning is just too good really. That said he needs to stop trying to break records and actually do what's best for the team :rolleyes:

I can see that game going either way really. But if the Colts play like they did in that second half against the Chiefs I think they'll take it..

Really? I can - the Panthers D is just nasty. I don't think they'll let Kaepernick get too many points really, and I like Cam Newton as a QB... again though, that'll go either way.

I feel like Seattle will lose now that we've said all this... but I just don't see it going any other way :shrug:
    Who knows Divisional games are always close and both times they played Chargers played the Broncos very well. They'll need to throw more than they did against the Bengals.

Well Chiefs players went boom with injuries much like ours :lol: thankfully we didn't get the Bengals. Was more scared of them than the Colts. Put Dennard on Hilton with over the top help from McCourty and have Talib on someone else, Hilton might be a little too shifty for him. Colts Running game is pretty awful so not worried about that. Need to run it down their throats though. Combination Blount and Ridley.

Panthers D is nasty but I find their O extremely ordinary. Steve Smith isn't playing is he and if he is he can't be 100 percent. Last time these two met it was close and it was a defensive slugfest but now I think with Crabtree back 49ers should be much better.

Nah pretty certain Saints can't do **** haha. They were still pretty horribly offensively against the Eagles "stout" defense.

ReputationRep:
    My picks for this week:

Saints > Seattle if Drew Brees has a good one, like when they hammered the Niners
    Panthers > Niners - if the Panthers D can neutralise Kaepernick and Crabtree
    Chargers > Broncos - it'll be high scoring but the Chargers have momentum from not having a first round bye
    Patriots > Colts - Tom Brady is just too good

No bias as I'm a Jets fan

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A Mysterious Lord)
    My picks for this week:

Saints > Seattle if Drew Brees has a good one, like when they hammered the Niners
    Chargers > Broncos - it'll be high scoring but the Chargers have momentum from not having a first round bye

Thing is, no matter how good Drew Brees plays (and let's be honest, he generally isn't great away from home, not to mention Seattle is cold and the 12th man also has a part to play), our secondary is just so damned good that I really can't see him getting much done. Russell Wilson isn't as good as Brees just yet but he has a lot of things on his side in this game.

ReputationRep:
    My picks for this week:

The Saints didn't hammer the niners though did they? I swear the 49ers got screwed by that roughing the passer call haha!

A Jets fan as well ?

What do you think of the Jets season. Must say I actually think Rex did a tremendous job getting them 8-8.

ReputationRep:

Panthers D is nasty but I find their O extremely ordinary. Steve Smith isn't playing is he and if he is he can't be 100 percent. Last time these two met it was close and it was a defensive slugfest but now I think with Crabtree back 49ers should be much better.

Nah pretty certain Saints can't do **** haha. They were still pretty horribly offensively against the Eagles "stout" defense.
    This. This is the difference between the two next week, Niners will put up more points than the last meeting, but as for Carolina? Also, this is Cams first look at the Play-offs and he'll be put under a lot of pressure by our D. Niners should edge this.

You know the interesting thing about the Saints game was how well they dealt with Shady, if they can put it to Lynch then who knows... Still the Seahawks well rested and far too physical.

ReputationRep:
    The Saints didn't hammer the niners though did they? I swear the 49ers got screwed by that roughing the passer call haha!
    Hmm, I was thinking of when Seattle beat the niners in week 2, I knew someone hammered the niners

A Jets fan as well ?

What do you think of the Jets season. Must say I actually think Rex did a tremendous job getting them 8-8.
    I ordered a jersey in late November, it arrived two days after the Jets were eliminated from playoff contention

Way too inconsistent, though much better than last year, shouldn't be losing to the Bills or Dolphins at home, especially painful given the Chargers clinched the second AFC WC spot on 9-7 and we were still serious contenders until week 12. The only consolation I got from the thrashing in Cincinatti was that I'd picked up Marvin Jones for my fantasy team for that week

Sheldon Richardson as Running Back against the Dolphins though :eek:

ReputationRep:
    My picks for this week:

Lol, I'm going to have to go against you on every pick! Such is the beauty of these games...

SEA > N.O: Believe me I'd love nothing more than to see New Orleans win as a Niners fan! Seattle are just too physical and also the home field adv really dents the Saints chances.

SF > CAR: San Fran have the better offense, the better play-off experience and all the momentum.

DEN > SD: I'm not backing against Manning in a potential shoot-out, will be very surprised if the Chargers get the better of them twice in Denver.

IND > NE: There's just something about the Colts... I know that's not a lot to go on, but they've had the better of big teams this year and Luck plays without fear. I also think "the story" will be Manning has to go through them to get to the SB.

ReputationRep:
    I like the Patriots, Broncos, Panthers & Seahawks this weekend.

I like New England because the Colts' hobbling defensive backs and their porous run defense will be exploited by a balanced offense. A mediocre run offense and a good passing offense also matches well with the NE defense. I do support the Patriots, but I'd bet on them regardless.
    Colts 24 - 31 Patriots

The Broncos will be healthier this time around against the Chargers, and I think Manning will be better prepared to pick apart that defense. Chargers will put up points and division games are always tough, but I think the Bronco weapons will be too much.
    Chargers 27 - 31 Broncos

The Panthers and Niners game is almost impossible to predict. I took the Panthers because they're at home, and I think the rested D-line will stay disciplined and pressure Kaepernick consistently. I also don't like Davis against Kuechly.
    Niners 17 - 20 Panthers

Seattle is a hard nosed football team on both sides of the ball unlike the Eagles. NO match up so so badly against them, so I like Seattle.
    Saints 17 - 27 Seahawks

ReputationRep:
    BCS National Championship tonight. War Eagle!

ReputationRep:
    I'll take the Colts (My 28/1 wildcard pick), the Chargers (some weird voodoo stat related to Philadelphia with 4 years form says they will win the Superbowl), the Panthers (at home and with a much better D than Green Bay), and the Seahawks ( my preseason week 2 pick and it's the Saints at Clink, nothing more needs to be said)

I was 1/4 last week though so clearly I'm no good at this

ReputationRep:
    The Pats must be cursed, Brandon Spikes on IR now

ReputationRep:
    Well Brandon spikes now on IR. Seriously what juju is this?!?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Man FSU getting creamed.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Loving this from Auburn, ominous that they just made the fake punt though

ReputationRep:
    FSU don't believe it...

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.