Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NightStrider)
    Well done man! Just a question, I do latin too. Who did you do it with? I did OCR Latin and it only counts as one subject?
    Hi there, our exam board is WJEC

ReputationRep:
    1A* 6A 3B it's fair though, could of done better

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joe7)
    Very well! I thought I was destined for an A since I got quite a low A in the coursework and needed a strong A* in the exam to get an A* overall. However, thankfully I got a strong A* in the exam and ended up comfortably achieving an A*. So happy! How about you?
    great effort, well done! I got an A* too 50ums in the coursework and 176/180ums in the exam. Rather surprised, however happy nonetheless as it looks good next to my A* in maths!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shibucool)
    What did everyone get for AQA GCSE French?
    I'm so annoyed.

I got full UMS marks in both listening and reading but my writing got moderated down from an A* to a B, bringing my overall grade to an A (((

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Haza2012)
    Hi there, our exam board is WJEC
    Oh okay that explains it. Well done!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by things4life)
    Is it worth asking for a remark if your 1 UMS point off a boundary ?
    Depends on the subject. Something like Maths where there are definitive answers would probably not change with a remark. Something like English where it is more essay based then you could possibly get that extra UMS mark

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aasvogel)
    Do not call me that. ~_~ (looooong story)

Haha I was worried about the Englishes, and nothing was guaranteed!

Eughhhhhh Loreto - I go to the Abbey in Newry, we always face them at the Quiz Finals. The teacher's Simon there yeah?
    Long story eh?....alright. NOTHING GUARANTEED HA!
    the abbey? Isn't that an all boys school? Simon? I assume he must be the teacher in charge of the quiz things at my school? I never followed that stuff at school,I would be terrible at it! Tell me what do you do that these " quizzes?" Lol!

ReputationRep:
    Is everyone happy with their results? I'm surprised at mine to be fair!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pje1000)
    how did people fare in AQA Statistics?
    I got 3 UMS off an A* but is it worth a re-mark? x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cleveradam)
    Yeah. Edexcel ****ed me over with grade boundaries in French.
    In Drama Unit 1: 90/90 full marks
    Unit 2: 78/90 nearly an A*
    Unit 3: 80 - C GRADE!

Although I wasn't going for an A* I was dissappointed to see how low I got in unit 3.
    Just about stood on to the grade A despite the harsh marking of the performance.
    What kind of marks did people get on unit 3 drama in ur school?
    EXACT SAME THING HAPPENED, nobody at our school achieved over an A.. were only about 5 A's, I was 2 marks off of an A, I got 78 in unit 3, A* in unit 1 and 78 in unit 2 like you. I WORKED FOR MONTHS...so far the highest unit 3 mark I know of was a B which my friend got.

ReputationRep:
    I need some advice, so any help is appreciated.
    I got 264/300 in English Language, and I am 6 UMS away from an A*.
    I got 99/120 UMS for Unit 3 from last year, 115/120 from Unit 2 and 50/60 for Unit 1.
    The one most likely to pick up marks would be 1 or 3, so it is possible to get both remarked?
    Also, because I did Unit 3 last year, is it possible to even get that remarked?

ReputationRep:
    Really pleased and suprised with my gcse rresults

A* in AQA french
    A* in AQA additional science
    A* in AQA spanish
    A * in AQA RE
    A* in Edexcel linear maths
    A* in AQA Geography
    A* in Edexcel history
    A in Edexcel modular maths
    A in Aqa core science
    A in WJEC English language
    B in WJEC English literature

Im so suprised that I got an A* in history since last year I got a D which I resat and my mock exam results weren't great either!

ReputationRep:
    How many people took the AQA IGCSE Sciences? And what grades did you get??

ReputationRep:
    5A*s, 5As and 1B!!! Veryyyy Happpy. Teacher predicted a C for eng lit and got an A overall 1 ums away from an A* in chem! HOpe everyone got what they wanted!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by things4life)
    Is it worth asking for a remark if your 1 UMS point off a boundary ?
    Definitely! You really should do it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meadhbh 3)
    Long story eh?....alright. NOTHING GUARANTEED HA!
    the abbey? Isn't that an all boys school? Simon? I assume he must be the teacher in charge of the quiz things at my school? I never followed that stuff at school,I would be terrible at it! Tell me what do you do that these " quizzes?" Lol!
    Yep, long story! It's true! A few fellas were a bit surprised!

Yeah he's bald, and I know he was sick this year? Haha, well it's a buzzer quiz with teams of 4, and there's the NI finals and you then progress to the UK finals - we've beaten Loreto for the last 3 years.
    And yeah, the Abbey is an all boys' school.

ReputationRep:
    Can i ask? Is: A* Eng lit, A* french, A Maths, A History, A Philosophy, A Biology, A Latin, B Physics, B Eng Lang good? So overall 2A*s, 5As and 2Bs (Including 4 igcse's)
    Is that a good set of results because i feel quite
    disappointed

ReputationRep:
    Guys,

Do you think it's worth remarking an OCR History B Paper? I am 2 UMS marks off of the A* Grade boundary and aiming to do it for A-Level.

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, I hope everyone got what they wanted today, I was more than pleased with my results!
    I'm currently stuck with a dilemma on my A-Level choices! I enrol at my sixth form tomorrow aswell so it's a little late to be choosing

First of all I know that I am taking Maths, Chemistry and Geography. None of those will change but I'm stuck on the last a level, it's between physics and photography...
    Most people will read that and assume 'physics' yes it goes great with the others but I feel all these subject with combine additional pressure, which is why I'm considering photography as it is a hobby of mine and I've recently gotten a new SLR camera, also it means it's a little easier so I can concentrate on the other three.
    Thoughts???

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 3mma_gal96)
    Is everyone happy with their results? I'm surprised at mine to be fair!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think I've done really well since my school is extremely **** 4A*s, 3As, 3Bs and a Certificate is really good the A's were really high As in Science, additional science and English I can't do nothing about

I gave it my all, did the best I could and I'm happy! :awesome:

At least in a-level, I know to not underestimate a single thing

Now I'm ready :cool:

That's my way of saying yeah I'm happy

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.