Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Webster2002)
    Gazidis said we aren't trying to sign Aurier.

Posted from TSR Mobile

If it was up to Gazidis we would not sign anyone!

ReputationRep:
    #Cesc confirms spoke to Wenger and that #Arsenal did have buy back option. They were 'covered' in his position. @BumperGraham

http://www.theguardian.com/football/...rsenal-chelsea

Always good to know.

ReputationRep:
    Only Wenger can think having Arteta, Flamini, Diaby is reason to not sign Fabregas.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Only Wenger can think having Arteta, Flamini, Diaby is reason to not sign Fabregas.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Cough Wilshere cough Ramsey cough 5 players for one spot

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Fabregas is better than them all

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    #Cesc: "Arsenal was first option but Wenger said he had Ozil at my position. I had 2-3 other options in England, #Mourinho won me over"

It can't just be me that finds it worrying that we don't go for world class players cos we already have one in a similar position.

We could've rotated Özil and Cesc with other players. Instead we'll be rotating Diaby and Rosicky.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Cough Wilshere cough Ramsey cough 5 players for one spot

Posted from TSR Mobile
    3 aren't good enough one is always injured

ReputationRep:
    Fabregas is better than them all

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ramsey is on the verge of being a better player than than him

You seriously want Cesc? I bet you are the type of fan who would say "omg we signed the wrong players in the wrong positions" next year if we did sign him.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by baconbutty)
    3 aren't good enough one is always injured
    I don't deny that but there are other crucial positions we need to sign before looking at luxory players

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Wanted Cesc cos I want world class players to play for Arsenal.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    I don't deny that but there are other crucial positions we need to sign before looking at luxory players

Posted from TSR Mobile
    He isn't a luxury player

ReputationRep:
    He isn't a luxury player
    Signing Cesc wouldn't solve anything if we don't sign an RB, Striker, true CDM and possibly a LW

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    #Cesc: "Arsenal was first option but Wenger said he had Ozil at my position. I had 2-3 other options in England, #Mourinho won me over"

It can't just be me that finds it worrying that we don't go for world class players cos we already have one in a similar position.

We could've rotated Özil and Cesc with other players. Instead we'll be rotating Diaby and Rosicky.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Just going to pretend that Aaron Ramsey Santo Cazorla and Jack Wilshere are in the squad then eh?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Signing Cesc wouldn't solve anything if we don't sign an RB, Striker, true CDM and possibly a LW

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Arsenal don't need a dm and signing him wouldn't affect st, rb......

ReputationRep:
    Chelsea didn't especially need an attacking mid. They need a striker or two, maybe a CB, full back. But they got Cesc cos they want world class players. They want quality throughout the squad. They want to win the league and more.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal don't need a dm and signing him wouldn't affect st, rb......
    It would in the fact that if we spunk 30m on Cesc then were less likely to spend as much on a striker knowing Arsenal

We need some one with more defensive responsibilities to replace Arteta. Cesc would be great for attacking but we have Ramsey for that so we'd need the other CM to hold back

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Just going to pretend that Aaron Ramsey Santo Cazorla and Jack Wilshere are in the squad then eh?
    Cazorla mainly used out wide now. Wilshere always injured and Ramsey will be nearly always playing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Chelsea didn't especially need an attacking mid. They need a striker or two, maybe a CB, full back. But they got Cesc cos they want world class players. They want quality throughout the squad. They want to win the league and more.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    They actually did need Cesc. They lacked much creativity going forward and Matic is much more of a defensive player. Arguably they have the best back four in the league so why do they need a new CB? They've also sorted their striker problem.

Chelsea are an oil club too and could buy anyone they wanted without financial consequences if the player fails

Surely you don't think Arsenal are in the same position?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    It would in the fact that if we spunk 30m on Cesc then were less likely to spend as much on a striker knowing Arsenal

We need some one with more defensive responsibilities to replace Arteta. Cesc would be great for attacking but we have Ramsey for that so we'd need the other CM to hold back

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Cesc can play dlp

In no way would he impact st or rb the club have 160m in the bank ffs

ReputationRep:
    Fabregas wouldn't fail.

They just sold Luiz and loaned out that Kalas so doesn't seem they have much defensive cover.

They have Willian, Hazard, Oscar, Schurrle, Salah, etc.

We both 'didn't need' Fabregas. They just have more ambition.

Posted from TSR Mobile

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 9, 2014
Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.