Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I hope Gerrard gets a new contract after today, fantastic performance and you'd surely have lost the game without him. He will be praised in the media all week for those 2 goals.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The.Joker)
    I still stand by saying Gerrard is a passenger in the team. He doesn't offer anything defensively and offensively all he can do is try to pass the ball 60 yard across the field and score penalties. BR won't ever drop Gerrard though which is a shame.
    Which is fine when you had Suarez and Sturridge in form to make those runs etc but now he looks like a square peg for a round hole.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    Which is fine when you had Suarez and Sturridge in form to make those runs etc but now he looks like a square peg for a round hole.
    That's the problem, no more SAS to paper over our defensive cracks so Gerrard is rendered useless. That's why BR can't keep persisting with Gerrard playing deep alongside Lucas because it just doesn't work.

(Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    On the bright side however...
    There is no bright side prod
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    There is no bright side prod
    You're right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    We're all ****! :woo:
    loool

ReputationRep:
    Idk how Rodgers still hasnt figured out that a Lucas/Gerrard midfield doesnt work.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CB91)
    Idk how Rodgers still hasnt figured out that a Lucas/Gerrard midfield doesnt work.
    He probably knows it doesn't work, just hasn't got the balls to drop Gerrard for the second time in a row.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samir12)
    He probably knows it doesn't work, just hasn't got the balls to drop Gerrard for the second time in a row.
    If he doesnt have the balls to drop Gerrard then he might aswell sell Lucas now tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CB91)
    If he doesnt have the balls to drop Gerrard then he might aswell sell Lucas now tbh.
    I thought Lucas was being sold/loaned out this window.

ReputationRep:
    i feel like if i watch MOTD tonight i'll just get angry seeing us bottle it yet again.
    although it's been such a great day of football that i kinda have to see it.

a win today wouldn't have made us any higher than 7th but it would have put us within a single win to arsenal.
    but as usual we seldom capitalise and close the gap, merely maintain it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    x
    Yeah I'm not watching MOTD tonight. Get a feeling a lot of fans won't be.......
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Can't bring myself to watch MOTD

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Gerrard leaving to LA Galaxy tomorrow supposedly

ReputationRep:
    Gerrard never being dropped and the crap defence will cause results like this to continue.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Obiejess)
    Can't bring myself to watch MOTD

Posted from TSR Mobile
    we won't be on at the start anyway
    surely chelsea, city and newcastle games willbe before ours.
    i'll just turn it off when ours starts to play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    we won't be on at the start anyway
    surely chelsea, city and newcastle games willbe before ours.
    i'll just turn it off when ours starts to play
    Second I believe

ReputationRep:
    I've only watched MOTD once or twice this season, it's hard to re-watch our crap performances.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    I think it hurts all the more because of last season's beautiful play. Joy to watch -> this.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Watching Chelsea get smashed on MOTD will be :coma:. They've surely got to be the first game on?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    I've only watched MOTD once or twice this season, it's hard to re-watch our crap performances.
    Don't think many will want to watch MOTD today. :lol:

Spurs 5-3 Chelsea
    Liverpool 2-2 Leicester
    Southampton 2-0 Idiots
    Stoke 1-1 United (<---arguably not too bad)

It's been a crap day for many, only watching it purely because there's been so many goals!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: February 4, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.