Spoiler:
    Show
    testing testing 123 hope you're feeling a bit better

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pathway)
    :hug:
    :hugs: back .hope youre ok. well done on your test

ReputationRep:
    hey folks - hair question: my hair is due for a cut, and as i'm graduating at the end of june (FINGERS CROSSED), i'd like to have it neat and tidy for the photos. only problem is i have an ever growing bald patch right alongside my parting (my parting is quite far to the left btw) - if i got it cut short, would it show up the bald spot and make it look horrible, or downplay the bald spot, because at the moment i'm clipping long hair over it but my hair is getting shorter and shorter the more i pull so im not sure how long i'll be able to keep doing it. or do i just go for a trim and clip over it for graduation? pre-bald spot i was going to get a kristen-stewart-short cut with an undercut on my left but im not sure now

tl;dr - need to get my hair cut - bald spot - will short hair make me look like an ageing man?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Popcorns)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    testing testing 123 hope you're feeling a bit better
    dont know realyl just dissociated/feel sick

(Original post by ScaryScience)
    :hugs: back .hope youre ok. well done on your test
    dont know shold be working for my exam tomorrow but cant and tthanks wasnt expecting it so im happy with it

ReputationRep:
    Unsure if you have ED issues if not...
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Make sure you eat and drink enough and maybe go and lie down if you're feeling sick
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Brother is annoying me like hell and one of the voices is telling me to slap him. :/

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I absolutely hate myself n I wish I could project this on others and say THESE THINGS ARE NOT MY FAULT but i literally cannot. There's literally no way to do this. Perhaps one thing could be down to genetics but the rest of It is just me. Lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Team_McDreamy)
    hey folks - hair question: my hair is due for a cut, and as i'm graduating at the end of june (FINGERS CROSSED), i'd like to have it neat and tidy for the photos. only problem is i have an ever growing bald patch right alongside my parting (my parting is quite far to the left btw) - if i got it cut short, would it show up the bald spot and make it look horrible, or downplay the bald spot, because at the moment i'm clipping long hair over it but my hair is getting shorter and shorter the more i pull so im not sure how long i'll be able to keep doing it. or do i just go for a trim and clip over it for graduation? pre-bald spot i was going to get a kristen-stewart-short cut with an undercut on my left but im not sure now

tl;dr - need to get my hair cut - bald spot - will short hair make me look like an ageing man?
    Have you tried training your hair to part on the other side? I used to do it with my hair, might work with you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

dont know shold be working for my exam tomorrow but cant and tthanks wasnt expecting it so im happy with it
    don't pressure yourself if you're not feeling up to it :console: you'll be just fine tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CescaD96)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Brother is annoying me like hell and one of the voices is telling me to slap him. :/
    I dont even need voices to slap my brother :giggle:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cuppa)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I absolutely hate myself n I wish I could project this on others and say THESE THINGS ARE NOT MY FAULT but i literally cannot. There's literally no way to do this. Perhaps one thing could be down to genetics but the rest of It is just me. Lol
    Self confidence is one of the key things needed to love yourself

ReputationRep:
    I shouldn't have planned to stay with my family for almost a week, I can't deal with my mum for that long I want to go home

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PandaWho)
    Have you tried training your hair to part on the other side? I used to do it with my hair, might work with you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yeah - but all the hair around my hairline is fluffy baby hair which doesn't seem to lie any other way

ReputationRep:
    I'm being made to feel like it's my fault my mum's life is the way it is. it's my fault she never plans what to have for meals and has to go to the shops at 5.35 at night, it's my fault my dad works weird hours and isn't home for tea till 8 and expects mum to make him dinner. it's my fault she never gets to sit down and watch a TV show she likes. I'm being reminded of why I hated growing up in this family, why it ****ed me up mentally. why I promised myself I would never move back to this place again

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Unsure if you have ED issues if not...
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Make sure you eat and drink enough and maybe go and lie down if you're feeling sick
    Spoiler:
    Show
    yeah i do, they wont disagnose me though. they just keep saying i have anorexia, which i dont understand.i dont fit the criteria for it

eating and drinking is har d

(Original post by Odd socks)
    I'm being made to feel like it's my fault my mum's life is the way it is. it's my fault she never plans what to have for meals and has to go to the shops at 5.35 at night, it's my fault my dad works weird hours and isn't home for tea till 8 and expects mum to make him dinner. it's my fault she never gets to sit down and watch a TV show she likes. I'm being reminded of why I hated growing up in this family, why it ****ed me up mentally. why I promised myself I would never move back to this place again

Posted from TSR Mobile
    here if you want to talk?

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    yeah i do, they wont disagnose me though. they just keep saying i have anorexia, which i dont understand.i dont fit the criteria for it

Spoiler:
    Show
    I'm sorry to hear that, I won't advise as the only experience I have with anything close to an ED is hygiene OCD and not eating when out due to hygiene which has it's own problems. Make sure you get what you need if you can xx

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I'm sorry to hear that, I won't advise as the only experience I have with anything close to an ED is hygiene OCD and not eating when out due to hygiene which has it's own problems. Make sure you get what you need if you can xx
    Spoiler:
    Show
    will try, its just hard when theyrenot being helpful/wont do anything. sorry to hear about the OCD, that sounds awful :sadnod:. i dont have OCD, well, i get obsessive with food related stuff but that's aboutt it (and occasionaly PTSD stuff). if you ever need/want to talk,you can always PM me? i will be happy to listen even if icant help proper;ly :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    will try, its just hard when theyrenot being helpful/wont do anything. sorry to hear about the OCD, that sounds awful :sadnod:. i dont have OCD, well, i get obsessive with food related stuff but that's aboutt it (and occasionaly PTSD stuff). if you ever need/want to talk,you can always PM me? i will be happy to listen even if icant help proper;ly :hugs:
    thanks appreciate it :hugs: you're welcome to PM to

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show

here if you want to talk?
    :hugs: thanks for the offer but it's okay I'm used to it, I spent 18 years with her acting like this, I'll just have to deal with another few days :sadnod:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    thanks appreciate it :hugs: you're welcome to PM to
    thank you

(Original post by Odd socks)
    :hugs: thanks for the offer but it's okay I'm used to it, I spent 18 years with her acting like this, I'll just have to deal with another few days :sadnod:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    i understand my dad is similar/contributed to my PTSD so iunderstand a lot of what you've said. i'm sorry your mum is so awful to you, you're an amaazing person!!!! :hugs:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 19, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.