Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom.x.Gotze)
    Can't believe we couldn't beat Chelski. Shows how terrible we are away from home when the pressure is on.
    Their only home PL win so far achieved against 10 men

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leinad2012)
    So Ospina is better than Mignolet too? And better than Joe Hart and Hugo Lloris?

#salty
    No mention of Ospina, just Coutinho.

Let's be honest, if he played for Arsenal the hype would be ten times as big.

#salty

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    I'm really starting to feel like there might be a serious opportunity for 4th place considering how poor Chelsea are.

Shame we're just as bad. Spurs or Everton will probably clinch it
    Don't do it to yourself, you'll only end up Tottenham v2 when Chelsea scum the CL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)

#salty
    Nope, he'd just be a Brazilian Wilshere. One good game, one broken leg, 6 months of hype before the cycle repeats.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arkasia)
    Don't do it to yourself, you'll only end up Tottenham v2 when Chelsea scum the CL
    Nah man; they ain't getting close.

The likelihood is that they have an exceptional second half of the season and make 4th place but even so this is a big opportunity and it feels like we've already wasted it.

Perhaps if we lose tomorrow, Rodgers gets sacked and we bring Klopp in. A bit of new manager syndrome perhaps?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)

#salty
    Not even gonna bother arguing with this bull****.

Assuming your trash baiting is down to nerves over tomorrow. Lukaku gonna go HAM

ReputationRep:
    Nope, he'd just be a Brazilian Wilshere. One good game, one broken leg, 6 months of hype before the cycle repeats.
    Don't lie man, we both know the hype would be real.
    Honestly he'd play much better at Arsenal too because you have so much more movement in the final third.

I don't know how you're so good at breaking players though...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    Nah man; they ain't getting close.

The likelihood is that they have an exceptional second half of the season and make 4th place but even so this is a big opportunity and it feels like we've already wasted it.

Perhaps if we lose tomorrow, Rodgers gets sacked and we bring Klopp in. A bit of new manager syndrome perhaps?
    To be fair, if a Europa League level team like Spurs, Liverpool or Everton put a gap of 7/8 points between themselves and Chelsea by Christmas, then I can't see them catching. If you want new manager syndrome, then bring in Pardiola, then sack him at the end of the season after he gets you top 4.

ReputationRep:
    Not even gonna bother arguing with this bull****.

Assuming your trash baiting is down to nerves over tomorrow. Lukaku gonna go HAM
    You're in denial mate; Arsenal fans are the best at overhyping their players. I guarantee you would.

Nah, not worried because I've kinda accepted we're not gonna win anyway.
    After failing to beat Sion, it's likely that a loss (maybe even a draw) tomorrow would get Rodgers sacked.
    Unless Sturridge bails him out again...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    Don't lie man, we both know the hype would be real.
    Honestly he'd play much better at Arsenal too because you have so much more movement in the final third.

I don't know how you're so good at breaking players though...
    The hype would be unbelievable, but I don't think it would be any higher than it is already at Liverpool. Last season he played a series of mediocre games, then had about 5 good games when he scored screamers, and then suddenly he was Liverpool's saviour, the PL's best player, and Iniesta's replacement at Barca.

ReputationRep:
    I just want to support my team. I don't care how crap it is. It's those who can't see beyond winning and losing that think they are right to laugh in the face of others. Oh, and those who think this club has failed, i do not see why you think we are even relevant. Sure, anyone can have big dreams about their club. But you are wasting your time by not treating fans with respect.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    You're in denial mate; Arsenal fans are the best at overhyping their players. I guarantee you would.

After failing to beat Sion, it's likely that a loss (maybe even a draw) tomorrow would get Rodgers sacked.
    I reckon that honour falls to the Spuds, especially with young English players (see Rose, Dier, Mason, Alli etc).

ReputationRep:
    The hype would be unbelievable, but I don't think it would be any higher than it is already at Liverpool. Last season he played a series of mediocre games, then had about 5 good games when he scored screamers, and then suddenly he was Liverpool's saviour, the PL's best player, and Iniesta's replacement at Barca.
    I think it's more his potential than anything else.
    I feel like people are underestimating just how much talent the kid has.

When you're a creative player, sometimes it's difficult if the players around you aren't that good.
    It's a different story if you're an amazing scorer of goals like Bale for instance but for Coutinho, he won't get assists unless the players around him make the runs and finish the chances.

Stick him in a Barca side where there are players constantly overwhelming defenders and the kid would thrive.
    He isn't the best shooter in terms of consistency but he simply wouldn't need to take as many shots because the opportunity to thread the ball through for an assist to Suarez would be there.

At Liverpool, chances to show his creativity can be really restricted.
    He'd show that much more at Arsenal and even more so at Barca.
    When you watch him every game like I do, you start to see the ability the kid has and that's where the "hype" comes from.

ReputationRep:
    I reckon that honour falls to the Spuds, especially with young English players (see Rose, Dier, Mason, Alli etc).
    Nah United are definitely top. Hernandes, Januzaj, Wilson, Cleverley, Nani, Macheda (remember him, now with Cardiff City)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)

Don't worry pal, he won't be playing for you in 10 months anyway

ReputationRep:
    Nah United are definitely top. Hernandes, Januzaj, Wilson, Cleverley, Nani, Macheda (remember him, now with Cardiff City)
    I thought Nani did alright, it was his red card v real Madrid that ended his united career

ReputationRep:
    Everyone gets excited about the potential of the players on their team, that's natural.

We could be worse, we could be Chelsea.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    I think it's more his potential than anything else.
    I feel like people are underestimating just how much talent the kid has.

When you're a creative player, sometimes it's difficult if the players around you aren't that good.
    It's a different story if you're an amazing scorer of goals like Bale for instance but for Coutinho, he won't get assists unless the players around him make the runs and finish the chances.

Stick him in a Barca side where there are players constantly overwhelming defenders and the kid would thrive.
    He isn't the best shooter in terms of consistency but he simply wouldn't need to take as many shots because the opportunity to thread the ball through for an assist to Suarez would be there.

At Liverpool, chances to show his creativity can be really restricted.
    He'd show that much more at Arsenal and even more so at Barca.
    When you watch him every game like I do, you start to see the ability the kid has and that's where the "hype" comes from.
    Actually I think he'd do worse in a team like Barcelona. He'd get pushed off the ball and crowded out of games, and he'd be coached into "retain and pass to MSN" as opposed to Brenda's current "pls just score. pls" mentality. At Arsenal he'd be like Rosicky before his injury - that guy had the potential to be world class, so I guess Coutinho does as well. I'm not saying the hype is all misplaced, but there is certainly a level between where he currently performs, and where Liverpool fans see him as performing (same with Cazorla and Arsenal fans).

Oh god Hernandez. Mexican football fans are possibly the craziest about their players, most refuse to believe that he isn't world class.

ReputationRep:
    Actually I think he'd do worse in a team like Barcelona. He'd get pushed off the ball and crowded out of games, and he'd be coached into "retain and pass to MSN" as opposed to Brenda's current "pls just score. pls" mentality. At Arsenal he'd be like Rosicky before his injury - that guy had the potential to be world class, so I guess Coutinho does as well. I'm not saying the hype is all misplaced, but there is certainly a level between where he currently performs, and where Liverpool fans see him as performing (same with Cazorla and Arsenal fans).
    I disagree but I guess that's your view of it

You underestimate how agile and quick thinking Coutinho is.
    If he goes to a top club, he wouldn't just stay as he is; he'd get better with every single game.
    Not only would his reactions improve in terms of creativity, his shooting would too and soon enough he'd be world class or near enough.

He won't achieve his greatest potential at Liverpool simply because the players around him aren't good enough.
    It's sad to admit it but there's no point lying.

At Liverpool he's a whole level above the rest. At times that's actually more of a hindrance than anything else - there's a constant pressure for him to score and create and it can lead to him hazily shooting of trying to hard with an unlikely pass.
    At a team like Barca, things are more patient and he wouldn't be the start man. He'd thrive.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: November 8, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.