Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doggyfizzel)
    Not sure about that, he's pretty big and strong, a 6,2 he's as big as Terry or Vidic, and he handled the physicality of Ronaldo in the Madrid game which is as bigger test as you are likely to face in terms of powerful players.

The main reason he's playing DM, as I said, he's not a very good reader of the game and makes mistakes gets caught out of position, he can get away with that at RB or DM, I still think he'll be a CB in the end but not for a while. He really lacks the technical ability to ever be a top midfielder, he's being played there for energy and physical presence more than slick defensive play. Pretty much the same reason a lot of people were suggesting Luiz as a DM, a work round of what he's not very good at.
    No he's 5ft 11. I also think he's got the technical ability to become one, although it is only raw at the moment. He's no super pass master. More of a Parker sort of player.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aust1n)
    No he's 5ft 11
    He's listed as 6,2 on wiki via ESPN.

Spoiler:
    Show

Welbeck is 6,0 De Gea is 6,3 and Evans is 6,2 either way looking at him there I don't think height is an issue. He's 6 ft +

Technical ability and Scott parker are two things rarely used in the same sentence. He's not bad but compare him on the ball to someone like Wilshere, its different standard. Even defensive players like De Rossi, Martinez, or Alonso, I don't think he's in that league of ability with the ball at his feet. That's not something that comes with time.

ReputationRep:
    Wilshere is so overrated

The majority of last season he kept producing below par performances

Dribbles into a wall of players and takes fouls instead of the playing the key passes, same thing Diaby does

He doesn't get criticised for it because he is technically superior to other English players, but on the world stage he isn't all that

2 performances 3 years ago against BARCA means nothing if you can't reproduce I now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by niceguy95)
    Wilshere is so overrated

Dribbles into a wall of players and takes fouls instead of the playing the key passes, same thing Diaby does

He doesn't get criticised for it because he is technically superior to other English players, but on the world stage he isn't all that

2 performances 3 years ago against BARCA means nothing if you can't reproduce I now
    MOTM vs Brazil?

Plus last season was mainly about recuperating from his injury

ReputationRep:
    Wilshere is so overrated

Nonsense. Absolute nonsense I'm hearing, So because wilshere doesn't play 20 yards in front of where he plays now he's a rubbish player as he's not a stat machine, it's clear what he brings to a game when he's in full throttle.

In the world stage he's not all that yet, but he's playing for one of the best teams in the country as a starter at the age of 21, coming through as an academy player too which rarely happens now in today's english football.

The same thing was said about thiago because he had a good performance vs bayern munich and now everyone realises he's actually a quality player...
    Same thing was also said about gareth bale too, that he's still living off his milan games etc. :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doggyfizzel)
    He's listed as 6,2 on wiki via ESPN.

Spoiler:
    Show

Welbeck is 6,0 De Gea is 6,3 and Evans is 6,2 either way looking at him there I don't think height is an issue. He's 6 ft +

Technical ability and Scott parker are two things rarely used in the same sentence. He's not bad but compare him on the ball to someone like Wilshere, its different standard. Even defensive players like De Rossi, Martinez, or Alonso, I don't think he's in that league of ability with the ball at his feet. That's not something that comes with time.
    That's why they were in two different sentences.

ReputationRep:
    Bumped for tonight.

I'm predicting a comfortable 3-1 win for us.

ReputationRep:
    You know your going through a crisis of players when you pick Rickie Lambert :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    I hope to see

Hart
    Walker Cahill Jagielka Baines
    Gerrard Wilshere
    Walcott Lampard Zaha
    Lambert

ReputationRep:
    I hope Gerard barely touches the ball, moves or tackles anyone and gets hauled off after 10 minutes and then retires from international football

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'd be happy with TRS-T's line up, but swap Zaha for Ox. I don't want a single United player taking part in a pointless game before the start of the season. Massively happy Carrick is out.

Arsenal fans should be bricking it, Wilshere is going to play the 90, seeing the ball a lot in a game which probably going to get very scrappy.

ReputationRep:
    Hart
    Walker Cahill Jagielka cole
    Carrick Wilshere
    Walcott Gerrard Oxcube
    Lambert

ReputationRep:
    Bloody hell, just looked at the squad, how mediocre have we become.

ReputationRep:
    If I see any hoofball I'm switching to the italy game straight away

ReputationRep:
    Still don't get why danny " 2 Goals a season" welbeck is starting upfront

ReputationRep:
    Not pleased with this team but thank goodness it's just against Scotland lol.

ReputationRep:
    Still don't get why danny " 2 Goals a season" welbeck is starting upfront
    When **** like Cleverley and Welbeck start, you know you have a very mediocre team.

ReputationRep:
    Were the england fans booing the national anthem?

ReputationRep:
    Proper farce having God save the Queen as the English anthem.

Jeeeruuusaaalem.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Were the england fans booing the national anthem?
    No, it was the jocks.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.