Doctor Who - Discussion Thread I watch

• View Poll Results: Favourite Doctor?
    Christopher Eccleston
    8.20%
    David Tennant
    59.71%
    Matt Smith
    32.09%

I can't believe they covered the clone hole. I thought it could have been a clone and straight away Amy's like "it could be a clone or something" and Canton is like "No, that's definitely the actual Doctor".

So it can't be a clone? :nooo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TulipFields)
    Linear time sequences don't go with Timey Wimey Wibbly Wobbly :p:
    Do you guys think the little girl could be River?
    Hmm, but surely River would remember beforehand that she had made that phone call etc.

But it would be interesting if it is, it would certainly link in with the whole travelling in opposite directions stuff.

DOCTOR, Y U NO LIVE FOREVER AND EVER?

ReputationRep:
    Why can't it be an hour long! :puppyeyes:

Plus, no sonic screwdriver?

The ship from The Lodger. I mean really.

Oh and the little girl in the spaceship. I can't work out whether she's really just like generated image from The Lodger but if she was then she wouldn't have had the powers she had in the beginning so that's crossed out. I'm guessing it's something like being stuck in the suit so you need to kill someone in other to escape? But does the ship in The Lodger/today's episode really belong to the Silents/Silence or are they just guarding it for someone else?

Also I figured out that Amy was pregnant ages ago. :proud:

But then there's the fact that River also felt sick suddenly after seeing The Silents/Silence and forgetting. Hmm?

(Original post by TulipFields)
    Linear time sequences don't go with Timey Wimey Wibbly Wobbly :p:
    Do you guys think the little girl could be River?
    Something tells me Moffat would never make it as obvious as that, straightaway considering River said "I killed a good man" and you don't find out who until later on.

(Original post by Circadian_Rhythm)
    I know what happens next.. but I still don't know who the little girl is, or her significance. I WANT MORE.

I bet it's a transvestite doctor.

...who likes children..?
    TELL MEEE. Please. :puppyeyes:

ReputationRep:
    How can Moffat kill off the Doctor, as Matt Smith, in the first ****ing five minutes?! That's basicalyl telling everyone "this is the last doctor. ****ing bite me." Well **** him! He's a ****. I want the other guy back as the main writer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Muffinz)
    How can Moffat kill off the Doctor, as Matt Smith, in the first ****ing five minutes?! That's basicalyl telling everyone "this is the last doctor. ****ing bite me." Well **** him! He's a ****. I want the other guy back as the main writer.
    Time can be rewritten
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by sheep_go_baa)
    Hmm, but surely River would remember beforehand that she had made that phone call etc.

But it would be interesting if it is, it would certainly link in with the whole travelling in opposite directions stuff.

DOCTOR, Y U NO LIVE FOREVER AND EVER?
    She hasn't told the doctor a single thing about her yet though. Why wouldn't she keep that to herself?
    I don't think the little girl's River though...I have no good theory...too much mystery!

I think you've missed the point.

ReputationRep:
    Errr the silents are creepy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sleekchic)
    TELL MEEE. Please. :puppyeyes:
    Ask Ape, not sure if I kept his PM to me

ReputationRep:
    Time can be rewritten
    River said that this couldn't though!

Time can be rewritten
    I doubt it will, not in the sense of changing the opening scene because that would render the entire series meaningless.

I'm guessing there will be some other explanation. Some back up regeneration or some way to restore him.

ReputationRep:
    Wow, that was so good!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, time can be rewritten. I suspect a large part of this series will be them getting around that so he doesn't die.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sheep_go_baa)

DOCTOR,
    Y U NO LIVE FOREVER AND EVER?
    Hmm, true , she would have remembered :erm: the worst day for her is when he doesn't remember her- which is in Silence in the library :s:
    He has to live forever and ever :stomp: :fuhrer: anyway, I bet he will they can't kill the doctor!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    I doubt it will, not in the sense of changing the opening scene because that would render the entire series meaningless.

I'm guessing there will be some other explanation. Some back up regeneration or some way to restore him.
    Well indeed, think of DoctorDonna 'hand' sort of backup.

But if they made a storyline specifically to rewrite that piece of history, then it wouldn't really be a cop-out.

ReputationRep:
    River said that this couldn't though!
    It might not even be THE Doctor, just sayin'.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by sleekchic)
    The ship from The Lodger. I mean really.

Oh and the little girl in the spaceship. I can't work out whether she's really just like generated image from The Lodger but if she was then she wouldn't have had the powers she had in the beginning so that's crossed out. I'm guessing it's something like being stuck in the suit so you need to kill someone in other to escape? But does the ship in The Lodger/today's episode really belong to the Silents/Silence or are they just guarding it for someone else?

Also I figured out that Amy was pregnant ages ago. :proud:

But then there's the fact that River also felt sick suddenly after seeing The Silents/Silence and forgetting. Hmm?
    I noticed that too, but that ship was destroyed in that episode. The fact that it was even there was an illusion...to disguise the fact that it was actually there. This one had a different colour scheme to it, but they're definitely related!

God knows how you figured out about Amy. I was clueless!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.