Doctor Who - Discussion Thread II Watch

This discussion is closed.
Henna x
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by rhw)
That was Oswald Danes the paedophile who killed himself taking down that huge hole in China

People who haven't seen it must think I'm on some hallucinogen
Lol ahh right I remember now. Thanks for that
alexlduffy
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
The one thing that confuses me about Oswin (or I'm probably just confusing myself) is this -

Spoiler:
Show
if Oswin is the same person as the new assistant, how does she not recognise the Doctor? After all, when we first saw River (before she died), she recognised the Doctor, so seeing as how Oswin has also met a tragic fate, how did she not recognise the Doctor? Maybe it's the fact that she was in a dream? Or it could even be that she DID know the Doctor and neglected to mention anything? Meh, maybe I'm confusing myself.

Either way, I'm VERY excited for the new assistant to arrive now

Edit: Not sure if spoiler tags are needed X_X
Aula
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by alexlduffy)
The one thing that confuses me about Oswin (or I'm probably just confusing myself) is this - if Oswin is the same person as the new assistant, how does she not recognise the Doctor? After all, when we first saw River (before she died), she recognised the Doctor, so seeing as how Oswin has also met a tragic fate, how did she not recognise the Doctor? Maybe it's the fact that she was in a dream? Or it could even be that she DID know the Doctor and neglected to mention anything? Meh, maybe I'm confusing myself.

Wibbley wobbley timey wimey stuff?
getfunky!
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by drbluebox)
What Doctor Who was on tonight? Totally been swamped with college so didnt realise.
Series 7, episode 1.

It was amazing:coma:it'll be on iplayer so you can catch up.
sleekchic
Badges: 2
Report 6 years ago
Oh so her name is Clara Oswin?

FFS, I thought it was Oswin something and that for some reason and when she became the new companion, she would call herself Clara for some reason.

:getmecoat:
Hype en Ecosse
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Spoiler:
Show
if Oswin is the same person as the new assistant, how does she not recognise the Doctor? After all, when we first saw River (before she died), she recognised the Doctor, so seeing as how Oswin has also met a tragic fate, how did she not recognise the Doctor? Maybe it's the fact that she was in a dream? Or it could even be that she DID know the Doctor and neglected to mention anything? Meh, maybe I'm confusing myself.
Simples. The Dalek conversion ****s with your memories as the Doctor said. Hence why she couldn't remember she was converted, hence why Amy couldn't remember she had already had that conversation with the Doctor 4 times.
TheHistoryStudent
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
The one thing that confuses me about Oswin (or I'm probably just confusing myself) is this -

Spoiler:
Show

Well....
Spoiler:
Show
she deleted the Doctor from the Dalek's memory didn't she?
- so perhaps that has something to do with it? Or perhaps the time-line will simply be re-written so that it doesn't happen?

If she is the new companion (which I'll be honest and say I don't really know because I don't follow spoilers very often), then as others have said, the only way I can really see her becoming the companion is if it is by some kind of time-travel... but doesn't it seem just a bit lazy to just repeat the whole kind of river song style of doing it? Especially since that was only a few series ago...
Hype en Ecosse
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by TheHistoryStudent)
Well....
Spoiler:
Show
she deleted the Doctor from the Dalek's memory didn't she?
- so perhaps that has something to do with it?
Spoiler:
Show

She deleted him long after she first saw him on the planet.

I'm sticking with what I put in the other post.
SirMasterKey
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by sleekchic)
It seems like it's the only way but it can't be that straightforward.
Well, other ways:

Identical twin :awesome:

Emergency Temporal Shift and then she designed the technology to change herself back.

Emergency Temporal shift and The Doctor actually travels around with a Dalek, we just see her thoughts and in the ****-pit.
greeneyedgirl
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by spacepirate-James)
:eek: It will totally be this!

His hair. :coma:
His clothes :sogood:

Spoiler:
Show

Dalek conversion messes with memory or they may not meet pre-conversion, he could save her somehow...that'd be epic!
SirMasterKey
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago

Spoiler:
Show

Response to a part of your spoiler
Spoiler:
Show
No. Or at least I really really hope not. That is too like River and the whole, 'Oooh I knew really but I just couldn't tell you ' which after several times just gets :unimpressed:
BP_Tranquility
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by SirMasterKey)
Well, other ways:

Emergency Temporal Shift and then she designed the technology to change herself back.

Emergency Temporal shift and The Doctor actually travels around with a Dalek, we just see her thoughts and in the ****-pit.
If they were identical twins, wouldn't that be quite similar to Martha Jones and her look-alike from Army of Ghosts?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
syrettd
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by SirMasterKey)
Well, other ways:

Haha, I vote for this! The Doctor and his dalek companion!
greeneyedgirl
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by syrettd)
Haha, I vote for this! The Doctor and his dalek companion!
:ditto: it'd be like K9 but not quite :awesome:
SharkInTheWater
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Oswin acts a bit like the Doctor. Not basing this on any evidence, just throwing it out there. Maybe something to do with...

Spoiler:
Show
Jenny (a.k.a The Doctor's "daughter"). They have to explore that character eventually.
SirMasterKey
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by BP_Tranquility)
If they were identical twins, wouldn't that be quite similar to Martha Jones and her look-alike from Army of Ghosts?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
A bit but that was Martha and her identical cousin :lol:
Aula
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by SharkInTheWater)
Oswin acts a bit like the Doctor. Not basing this on any evidence, just throwing it out there. Maybe something to do with...

Spoiler:
Show
Jenny (a.k.a The Doctor's "daughter"). They have to explore that character eventually.
Apparently "Moffat has said that one the reasons Coleman won the role was because she could talk faster than the Doctor" (from http://blogs.independent.co.uk/2012/...leks%E2%80%99/ )

And not necessarily with the spoiler. They could easily just leave it unexplored.
getfunky!
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Spoiler:
Show
Eggz ..ter ..minate
Ruin.
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Spoiler:
Show
Will the Silence be involved in this series?

Also doubt its going to be as simple as 'Doctor meets Clara before her conversion' - that's not the Moffat way. :p:
getfunky!
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Ruin.)
Spoiler:
Show
Will the Silence be involved in this series?

Also doubt its going to be as simple as 'Doctor meets Clara before her conversion' - that's not the Moffat way. :p:
Maybe he travels back in time and meets her before she boards the Alaska:beard: through some unintended path.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (316)
37.44%
No - but I will (66)
7.82%
No - I don't want to (62)
7.35%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (400)
47.39%

Watched Threads