Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by medbh4805)
    wat :lolwut:
    Well, I can always resit in June if things don't go to plan. But yeah, she's the laziest teacher I know. She regularly says "Take the next two weeks of English lessons of to read." We can't really complain though because by some miracle people actually get brilliant results in her class.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brand New Eyes)
    :no: I'd like to see you try and communicate only through numbers for a whole day...

Aww. But where are all those funny letters?

Sneaky.

Whaaaa! How you do that! I wanna change my IP to the US! Murm, too many. Maybe in a sec when I sort out my bandwith -_-

Downton Abbey!
    TOWIE
    MiC

cmon! jump on the bandwagon!

DW ofc, but you already got that sorted.
    Basically I am just listing everything I watch. Waterloo Road used to be good... erm
    *end of list*

Just when I thought you had the whole multi-quote thing down. Rebel.
    Jealous. If only free periods could = naptime.

(Original post by Devil_in_disguise)
    X
    I'd like to see you communicate without numbers for a whole day.. How do you think computers work?

Haha but but but.. multi-quote < getting to MKIII before interviews.
    I shouldn't have, I didn't mean to, it was the rowing that I'd forgotten until 5am.. :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emgrace)
    I'm applying for Biology!
    What about you Locket? (Feels silly saying your usernames :P)

Xalziz and jaekco are law right?

Lol I've gone months on here only seeing one other Merton applicant, and now suddenly here you all are! :P
    Merton = &lt;3
    That person = me?

Anyonecanfly! is also a Merton! Gosh. <3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blue monday)
    English, Balliol, and the weather here in California is marvelous. Life is marvelous.
    Hahah, more than likely Obama (since Paul probably won't win the primary), but then again, I may be out of the country. :rolleyes:
    *Resists urge to neg*

Balliol? Really? Silly bean.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doojam)
    Well, I can always resit in June if things don't go to plan. But yeah, she's the laziest teacher I know. She regularly says "Take the next two weeks of English lessons of to read." We can't really complain though because by some miracle people actually get brilliant results in her class.
    Sounds like my GCSE class tbh. We had a combined La/Lit teacher, she didn't even try to teach us language stuff, just gave us past papers :lolwut:

she was always incredibly late for class too :beard:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JMusson)
    *Resists urge to neg*

Hey!

ReputationRep:
    For those of us that have been told that we have an interview in December via email, can we expect a confirmation letter in the post some time this week too?

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like my GCSE class tbh. We had a combined La/Lit teacher, she didn't even try to teach us language stuff, just gave us past papers :lolwut:

she was always incredibly late for class too :beard:
    We regularly have to go and fetch her from the staff room :nah:

ReputationRep:
    Why do these people even become teachers? :iiam:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brand New Eyes)
    That person = me?

Anyonecanfly! is also a Merton! Gosh. &lt;3
    Yep :P

Really!? Hmm, I think I may have known that but forgotten :P
    Where are they atm? They haven't been on in ages I swear?

ReputationRep:
    *Resists urge to neg*

_________ /\
    _________ ||
    People from his college killed a Balliol turtle.:puppyeyes::puppyeyes::puppyeyes:

ReputationRep:
    _________ /\
    _________ ||
    People from his college killed a Balliol turtle.:puppyeyes::puppyeyes::puppyeyes:
    People from Balliol killed our fish! All of them.

ReputationRep:
    Why do these people even become teachers? :iiam:
    Because it gives her the opportunity to endlessly spew crap. And that's what she loves to do.

She once sat at the front of the class and said "How can birds fly?" She followed this by flapping her arms vertically and asking why birds are propelled forwards rather than constantly ascending. Lord

ReputationRep:
    I was including those German exams originally. :ashamed2:

I would have more if I were to do DELF and TEG as I had originally planned to do
    but in reality I don't have enough time to study for them so yet again I'm putting them off....(and you have to pay a lot to sit them and go to Dublin so it wouldn't be worth it if you weren't going to get a good grade :beard: )

how does that work out? :curious:
    Lol you Irish and your Jargon. De-abbreviate those terms s'il vous plaît?

Erm because I have 3 extra Maths units this year :awesome: (okay actually it's the same)

I'm sitting my full English lit exam in January because my teacher cannot be bothered to teach us for the whole year :facepalm:
    How did you all get good marks! We have good teachers and hardly anyone got an A...

(Original post by blue monday)
    English, Balliol, and the weather here in California is marvelous. Life is marvelous.
    Hahah, more than likely Obama (since Paul probably won't win the primary), but then again, I may be out of the country. :rolleyes:
    I see Yay Balliol! (Gem already beat me to it)

Oh you Democrat you! Ah Paul < I don't even know who he is, really should tbh though. Oh yes! If you're at Oxford :awesome: Don't you have postal voting or something?

I'd like to see you communicate without numbers for a whole day.. How do you think computers work?

Haha but but but.. multi-quote &lt; getting to MKIII before interviews.
    I shouldn't have, I didn't mean to, it was the rowing that I'd forgotten until 5am.. :/
    :rolleyes: Technicalities really. Erm... through the magic that is my fingertips. Duh.

Guess we can make allowances. I don't think we need any help getting there though. Spammers we are and all D: Wow MKIII! Hope we all get to stick around till then.

Haha, first lecture you've missed this term. Sleep > Maths then, *ashamed* where your dedicated/love for Mathmos?!
    *Resists urge to neg*

:fuhrer: Balliol is awesome! Forder :heart: They founded PPE.

I didn't know Trinity had a rivalry thing going on with them...

My Politics teacher turned up 15 minutes late every lesson last year... and they wonder why I quit :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Ohn Saturday this rather thick, annoying girl who's resitting a year because she's lazy and failed last year, and who is applying for Eng ´Lit at uni, decided to ask me in front of the entire dining room at work if I'd got any offers, just so I could say no and she could proceed to tell me that she had.

And our lovely Chinese Cambridge friend decided to launch ANOTHER strategic self-esteem-boost-attack on me. I was leaving my Lit lesson early to go and do assemblies and I was getting my EMA form signed so wasn't really thinking, and then CCG (Cambridge Chinese Girl) puts on this really unnecessarily fake voice (I know it's fake because I've known her since we were eight, no idea, it was all smarmy and horrible) and goes, in front of my whole Lit class WHILE I'm standing up at the front of the room:

CCG: So Chiara, how's your UCAS going?

What am I supposed to say to that!? That's what you ask someone who HASN'T SENT THEIRS OFF YET! Was I supposed to say "nope, no offers, no interviews, you're clearly better than me"?!

Me: Er...it's going normally. Yes, normally.

:facepalm: I know, I know...

CCG: *loudly and smugly* Ah right, I see, that means still no offers and interviews.

Me: *leaves room calmly and dignifiedly*

I did end up throwing a hissy fit at lunch though Didn't help that my oldest friend went out for a meal with everyone (everyone in our kind of group, so to speak) for her 18th birthday and I was the only one not invited And CCG did the same thing a few weeks ago, not that I was expecting an invitation to her "exclsuive half term party" anyway :lol:

Poor Sven, the number of times I keep wailing about how mean everyone is being and then he has to keep reassuring me...

Also, I almost threw my phone at my teacher today because she KEEPS EMAILING ME AAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

The first time was the worst, in Spanish, as it was the first email of the day and I thought OHMAGAD THIS COULD BE THE ONE OH YES OH YES OH-

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOO

Pretty much :rolleyes:

Mock interview seems to be getting sorted, though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emgrace)
    I'm applying for Biology!
    What about you Locket? (Feels silly saying your usernames :P)

Xalziz and jaekco are law right?

Lol I've gone months on here only seeing one other Merton applicant, and now suddenly here you all are! :P
    Merton = <3
    yeah i applied for law.

does any of you know when we should expect something from Merton?

ReputationRep:
    Because it gives her the opportunity to endlessly spew crap. And that's what she loves to do.

She once sat at the front of the class and said &quot;How can birds fly?&quot; She followed this by flapping her arms vertically and asking why birds are propelled forwards rather than constantly ascending. Lord
    Evolution of feathers is a really cool topic though. Google it some time

ReputationRep:
    _________ /\
    _________ ||
    :cry2: but... buh.... squirtle. turtle. cute. HOW COULD THEY! Those darn Tritonians! :fuhrer: outrage.

People from Balliol killed our fish! All of them.
    :console: aww fish... buh... nemo... flanders! People so cruel these days...

Just reminds me of the animal rights group on open day... what would they say huh :huff:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by such_a_lady)
    x
    :console: How was the mock interview, then?

Spent the last... 10 or so minutes doing the Geek Test

You guys should try it: click

I'm a 'major geek' at 40.4059% :woo:

ReputationRep:
    _________ /\
    _________ ||
    No :lolwut:

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.