Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Anything few marks to the next boundary is worth a remark

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else who did OCR Philosophy and Ethics get a low mark on one of their ethics papers? I think it was the religion poverty and wealth one because i got full marks in both my philosophy papers, 40/50 in one ethics then 34/50 in the religion poverty and wealth one giving me overall an A . The overall was 174/200 does anyone know the grade boundary? Do you think it's worth getting the low one remarked to try and get an A*? Any replies would be appreciated

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yousuf5465)
    5A*s, 5As and 1B!!! Veryyyy Happpy. Teacher predicted a C for eng lit and got an A overall 1 ums away from an A* in chem! HOpe everyone got what they wanted!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Really well done

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leechayy)
    I think I've done really well since my school is extremely **** 4A*s, 3As, 3Bs and a Certificate is really good the A's were really high As in Science, additional science and English I can't do nothing about

I gave it my all, did the best I could and I'm happy! :awesome:

At least in a-level, I know to not underestimate a single thing

Now I'm ready :cool:

That's my way of saying yeah I'm happy

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Congrats, keep up the hard work for AS level

ReputationRep:
    I'm so surprised with my results!!!

I was predicted 2A*, 8A and a B but I honestly thought all summer that I was going to get mostly B's and a few As...

Turns out I got 5A*, 5A and 1B! I know it might seem contradictory but a bit disappointed with the B as it came in Chemistry which I thought I had done relatively well in-at least in comparison to other subjects.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heytherehello)
    Can i ask? Is: A* Eng lit, A* french, A Maths, A History, A Philosophy, A Biology, A Latin, B Physics, B Eng Lang good? So overall 2A*s, 5As and 2Bs (Including 4 igcse's)
    Is that a good set of results because i feel quite
    disappointed
    Don't be disappointed at all, those are good results. Certainly above national average

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm still stuck on what to pick for college. I know that I definitely want to do maths and English combined but not sure about the other two I was thinking maybe geography and French or geography and dance. After college I'm hoping to be able to get into uni and possibly study maths and finance so do you think if I take dance it may lower my chances of getting in?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danielle.K)
    Hi, I'm still stuck on what to pick for college. I know that I definitely want to do maths and English combined but not sure about the other two I was thinking maybe geography and French or geography and dance. After college I'm hoping to be able to get into uni and possibly study maths and finance so do you think if I take dance it may lower my chances of getting in?
    If you have Maths and English Literature then Dance would be fine as a fourth. If you want to study Maths, consider Physics or Further Maths as a third option.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BC95)
    Don't be disappointed at all, those are good results. Certainly above national average
    Are they good enough for UCL or Kings College London to study history or philosophy?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aasvogel)
    Yep, long story! It's true! A few fellas were a bit surprised!

Yeah he's bald, and I know he was sick this year? Haha, well it's a buzzer quiz with teams of 4, and there's the NI finals and you then progress to the UK finals - we've beaten Loreto for the last 3 years.
    And yeah, the Abbey is an all boys' school.
    Mr Rice's first name is Simon? Hmm... Learn something new everyday....just didn't expect to learn that. :/ yeah he was very sick, he was off for ages and the sub for him was apparently terrible so he came back a few days to help his GCSE students to make sure they didn't fail, it was so nice! He's in remission so I think he comes back properly this year. Yea I think I know one girl on our team, she's a child prodigy...like you but I'm not surprised you beat us to be honest! Lol! Yea I'd be terrible at that type of thing, I'd be awful with that pressure! Is it just random questions about anything? An all boys school......hmmmm, what's that like?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leechayy)
    I think I've done really well since my school is extremely **** 4A*s, 3As, 3Bs and a Certificate is really good the A's were really high As in Science, additional science and English I can't do nothing about

I gave it my all, did the best I could and I'm happy! :awesome:

At least in a-level, I know to not underestimate a single thing

Now I'm ready :cool:

That's my way of saying yeah I'm happy

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Aw well done, that's awesome!! I know how you feel because our school has a 48% pass rate :s
    But our year did well overall despite the news saying earlier people had done worse.
    I had 7A*s 3As and 2B's (although the one b was in applied business and no-one got higher than a B and my teacher is confused :'()
    Anyway, well done again

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I was wondering for remarks, if your grade goes down from your initial, do they keep the better grade?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by muhammedk)
    I was wondering for remarks, if your grade goes down from your initial, do they keep the better grade?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No you keep the most recent grade, I.e. Your remark grade

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No, you get the remark grade

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone else notice this.. I got lower in the subjects I thought I had done well on and surprisingly higher in the subjects which I wasn't at all.confident in.. Still baffles me how it happened:ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heytherehello)
    Are they good enough for UCL or Kings College London to study history or philosophy?
    Yes. (Need I say any more )

ReputationRep:
    I got
    Further Maths A**
    Maths A*
    Biology A*
    Chemistry A*
    Physics A*
    Geography A*
    French A
    RE Short Course A
    English Lit A
    English Lang B
    IT Distinction

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Unfortunately no, thus if your grade is on the lower side of that grade, you shouldn't risk it because you could go down a grade!

Can anyone help me? I did edexcel maths and I got an A but it doesn't saw how many UMS/ raw marks I got, just over all points which is 52? What does that even mean?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Audi)
    I got
    5 a*
    6 A
    Is it worth getting a remark on rs as I was 1 UMS off an a*?
    Well if you feel like it would add to your satisfaction then go for it Rs is an essay based exam so there is a possibility you could pick up those extra marks!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.