Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    Would you trust Gervinho to come on and change games for us?
    Yes...

But not in a good way

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noone29)
    Hope so too.

What do you think of signing Michu? A reputable source in Spain says we're making an offer for him.

But rumour aside...

He seems like the sort of player Liverpool would sign. I don't think he's champions league/premier league winning quality tbh...
    Yea I agree. If we do move for him now it will come at a hugely inflated rate with no real guarantee that he will improve or even perform as well as he did last season. We are being linked with Dzeko as well which should be really interesting and its someone who I admire a lot for his attitude given that he has been at the bench most of last season. I dont think it would happen personally but he seems to be the last hope for a marquee signing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jibberish)
    Yea I agree. If we do move for him now it will come at a hugely inflated rate with no real guarantee that he will improve or even perform as well as he did last season. We are being linked with Dzeko as well which should be really interesting and its someone who I admire a lot for his attitude given that he has been at the bench most of last season. I dont think it would happen personally but he seems to be the last hope for a marquee signing.
    I don't think Dzeko will go. Pellegrini has already said he has a lot of faith in him. He'll want his three quality forwards going into the new season.

The one I'm very interested in is Jovetic. Was he all a big fuss over something average, or is he someone who would really flourish if surrounded by other quality players. Time will tell on that one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)
    Do we have any South Americans in our squad?
    Wellington if he's still about lmao

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by niceguy95)
    ---------------------Szczseny--------------
    Sagna----Koscienly---Metersacker---Gibbs--
    ---------------Wilshere---Arteta----------------
    ---Walcott-----------Cazorla------Oxcube----
    --------------------------Giroud----------------
    Arteta is injured

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xDave-)
    Arteta is injured
    Didn't pass the late fitness test?

Ramsey in his place

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by niceguy95)
    Didn't pass the late fitness test?

Ramsey in his place
    He's just been ruled out for 6-8 weeks, apparently.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xDave-)
    He's just been ruled out for 6-8 weeks, apparently.
    This is sad, especially with an already thin squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    Would you trust Gervinho to come on and change games for us?
    Yeah, he has the potential to. His trickery was something different - I think we should have given him one more season.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Advice)
    Yeah, he has the potential to. His trickery was something different - I think we should have given him one more season.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Google the definition of insanity.

ReputationRep:
    Something MAY about to go down..braces yourselfs gooners

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    Something MAY about to go down..braces yourselfs gooners
    Flamini on a 12 month deal?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kenan and Kel)
    I'd have him back tbh. He put in a decent shift

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kenan and Kel)
    ChubaLad to start on saturday.

**** having Flamini back. Do you people not realise how much that judas set us back by going to AC? Anyways, he's second rate now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    I'd have him back tbh. He put in a decent shift

(Original post by 419)
    ChubaLad to start on saturday.

**** having Flamini back. Do you people not realise how much that judas set us back by going to AC?
    Loving the contrasting responses

ReputationRep:
    Flamini back would piss me the **** off in all honesty. If something is afoot, I hope it's something that we've all actually been waiting for and not some meaningless crap.

ReputationRep:
    To be fair to Flamini, Wenger jerked him around in his penultimate season and wasn't gonna give him a new contract. Then he played and him in his preferred position and he had a blinder of a season. His boyhood club then came in for him. I've never really held bad feelings towards him.

Hleb was an ungrateful **** though. But if this is news about Arteta is true then we seriously need some reinforcements. Got my ticket for Saturday and am scared the atmosphere will turn ugly quickly if things don't go our way. Boo boys will be out in full force.

ReputationRep:
    Google "arsenal roster" and notice somebody on there that shouldn't be?

ReputationRep:
    So if arteta's out for 6-8 weeks, Ramsey and JAck have gotta start CM right? But then... what if one of them gets injured (which is pretty likely with jack tbf)..., then who?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Soul of Mischief)
    To be fair to Flamini, Wenger jerked him around in his penultimate season and wasn't gonna give him a new contract. Then he played and him in his preferred position and he had a blinder of a season. His boyhood club then came in for him. I've never really held bad feelings towards him.
    But the thing was that he hadn't earned a contract extension contract by then and would've joined Birmingham had Gilberto not played in Copa America (funny how things works out). Him leaving set us back a lot as because of his form and Wenger keeping him in the team, we lost Gilberto and Diarra as well. He snaked us big time.

Be louder than the boo boys

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.