Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ankabout)
    I think it should be Ash too. Sure we'll vote when there's like 10 pages remaining.
    Inshallah we will..

ReputationRep:
    I posted the same verse. :cool:
    Oops sorry - didn't actually read your post because the end was irrelevant so I did a little research myself

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mary562)
    Oops sorry - didn't actually read your post because the end was irrelevant so I did a little research myself
    Nah it's cool as it shows that great minds think alike!

ReputationRep:
    I think it should be Ash too. Sure we'll vote when there's like 10 pages remaining.
    I vote Quantum :hand:

ReputationRep:
    Munira Khalif, a Muslim student from Minnesota is one of the rare few across the world to be accepted into all 8 Ivy League schools in the US:

http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/story...league-schools

Amazing. May Allah grant her success in everything that she does.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by themorninglight)
    Munira Khalif, a Muslim student from Minnesota is one of the rare few across the world to be accepted into all 8 Ivy League schools in the US:

http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/story...league-schools

Amazing. May Allah grant her success in everything that she does.
    That's awesome! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mariachi)
    a discussion "in depth" on a thread in the debate and discussion section where no debate and discussion are allowed? what are you advocating ? revolution ?
    Broski, rather than trying to take sarcastic digs at people or the society, maybe you can join in and help increase our imaan? I'm sure you could benefit since you are such an avid student of Islam

ReputationRep:
    https://www.justgiving.com/abdulhadifoundation/

Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raaji’oon

It is with great sadness and grief that we share the news of the passing of our beloved teacher, scholar and dear supporter- Shaykh Abdul Hadi Arwani, who was murdered this morning in London. Our much loved Shaykh was instrumental in his support for Al-Ihsan Projects and raced towards any opportunity of doing good. Be it the advice he offered or the lectures he delivered- hearts were undoubtedly moved by his words of wisdom. Today we witness the parting of a great man of knowledge from this world, returning to his Lord.

We make Du’a that Allah subhanah wa ta’ala causes him to be from amongst the Shaheed and the Saaliheen. We pray that Allah subhanahu wa ta’ala unites us again with him Insha'Allah, in the best of meetings- Al-Jannatul Firdous. Shaykh Abdul Hadi will be sorely missed, but his memory will live long in the hearts and minds of his teachers, his students, his friends and family, and all that benefited from his company.

As a means of continuous ajr and a Sadaqah Jaariyah for the Shaykh, Al-Ihsan Projects is honoured to promote the Abdul Hadi Foundation- A project dedicated to raising funds for the building of 10 water wells in much needed areas. We would like to offer everyone the opportunity to contribute towards this cause in his name Insha'Allah.

For further information please contact*[email protected]

Please also help increase in his Hasanaat by benefiting from the Shaykh’s lecture below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEGFvASM8Uw

ReputationRep:
    a discussion "in depth" on a thread in the debate and discussion section where no debate and discussion are allowed? what are you advocating ? revolution ?
    Yes. An Ikhlaas revolution.
    I don't see how a discussion in depth about a crucial aspect of my religion is related to your provocative, useless debates in any way. We don't want your nonesense pervading our thread...get over it will you. You always have to bring this up.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Beautiful posts jazakAllahu khayran.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Al-farhan)
    Salaam all :wavey:
    Woah, thread is already finished
    This soc is very active MashaAllah
    Wasalam.
    I was thinking the same thing. Feels like it was made just the other day :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Al-farhan)
    Salaam all :wavey:
    Woah, thread is already finished
    This soc is very active MashaAllah
    wa alaikumussalaam yes indeed it is. Are you making the next one akhi?

ReputationRep:
    I brought up the issue of debate ?

Anyway, thanks for a stimulating post. Greatly appreciated.
    You're not welcome..

ReputationRep:
    Good Lord... Vade retro. I am a disciplined member of this forum, and my respect for its rules borders on the fanatical.

I would never debate in a no-debate section.
    So you won't debate because debating is not allowed here (understandable), but you won't contribute to any discussion? What are you doing here then? :indiff:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ruh)
    So you won't debate because debating is not allowed here (understandable), but you won't contribute to any discussion? What are you doing here then? :indiff:
    how could I contribute to a discussion ? the difference between a discussion and a debate is wafer-thin, and highly subjective

at present, debates are not allowed. Are "discussions" allowed ? who knows ?

ReputationRep:
    Must Watch

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    :lol:

-------

Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "The believers in their mutual kindness, compassion and sympathy are just like one body. When one of the limbs suffers, the whole body responds to it with wakefulness and fever".

[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

ReputationRep:
    How can one increase the probability of seeing the Prophet (PBUH) in their dreams?
    Like everyone prays and reads the Quran etc... What extra is required?
    A Sufi told me to increase my zikr.. Would you agree?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PPF)
    How can one increase the probability of seeing the Prophet (PBUH) in their dreams?
    Like everyone prays and reads the Quran etc... What extra is required?
    A Sufi told me to increase my zikr.. Would you agree?
    It is not possible to see Prophet Muhammad, or any other prophet, in a dream.

This statement is based firstly on Sahih ahadith, and secondly on common sense. There are very serious implications of believing that it is possible to see the Prophet (SAW) in the dream.

I'm confused myself now ...

It should be noted that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever sees me in a dream has indeed seen me, for the Shaytaan cannot imitate me.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 6994; Muslim, 2266 – this version narrated by Muslim.

Have a read : http://islamqa.info/en/47782

ReputationRep:
    Boy, you sound like one grumpy young lady. Why's that ?
    Stop waffling :hand:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 19, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.