Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Odd socks)
    I'm being made to feel like it's my fault my mum's life is the way it is. it's my fault she never plans what to have for meals and has to go to the shops at 5.35 at night, it's my fault my dad works weird hours and isn't home for tea till 8 and expects mum to make him dinner. it's my fault she never gets to sit down and watch a TV show she likes. I'm being reminded of why I hated growing up in this family, why it ****ed me up mentally. why I promised myself I would never move back to this place again

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You are not responsible for your mum's emotions or behaviour. None of what you have put is your fault. She is an adult and makes her own decisions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Odd socks)
    I'm being made to feel like it's my fault my mum's life is the way it is. it's my fault she never plans what to have for meals and has to go to the shops at 5.35 at night, it's my fault my dad works weird hours and isn't home for tea till 8 and expects mum to make him dinner. it's my fault she never gets to sit down and watch a TV show she likes. I'm being reminded of why I hated growing up in this family, why it ****ed me up mentally. why I promised myself I would never move back to this place again

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Got a lot of empathy for you Socky. I am utterly terrified of going home for over 3 months over summer. spent less than 4 days with them and wanted to rip their heads off. all I can say it is not your fault, and it is so sad that so many parents get it so so wrong. many hugs :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScaryScience)
    Got a lot of empathy for you Socky. I am utterly terrified of going home for over 3 months over summer. spent less than 4 days with them and wanted to rip their heads off. all I can say it is not your fault, and it is so sad that so many parents get it so so wrong. many hugs :hugs:
    :hugs: will be around if you need anything ok?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Keepon getting triggered, don't know what todo can't cope with this at sll

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by furryface12)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :console:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pathway)
    :hugs: will be around if you need anything ok?
    thanks, lovely. here for you too. :hugs:
    (Original post by furryface12)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :hugs: can message me if you need, cant promise I will be much/any help though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScaryScience)
    thanks, lovely. here for you too. :hugs:
    :hugs: can message me if you need, cant promise I will be much/any help though

thank you

----------

feel ovverwhelmed with everything atm dont know whato do :cry:

ReputationRep:
    Who invented panic attacks 😭😭😭😭 evils

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Popcorns)
    Who invented panic attacks 😭😭😭😭 evils
    OMG they're the actual devil I was having what I thought was a peaceful nap when my dog woke me up and I musta gotten scared (or maybe it was bc I was worried before napping, idk) because I woke up having a panic attack and I didn't understand what in the hell was going on I was so confused

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Midnightmemories)
    Oh wow, this struck a chord with me...Thought i would try and stick my thoughts about this into a response for you, it may not help but at least I'm trying? I've had to (and still do) have to deal with this thought... The way i've dealt with it, is to attempt to think... "Well, they're not going to laugh at me today..." And just try and do it a day at a time... Because if you can survive one day, you can maybe survive the next... And thats what it is about for me at the moment: Surviving.

Spoiler:
    Show
    Although saying that, I'm struggling at the moment... Not sure how I'm going to get through this week and i keep ending up in tears thinking what the hell have i done to deserve all of this crap.
    It's great to hear I'm not the only one (well not great that you're going through it too ). That was helpful, I will try to remember your advice when the voices say that. Although, what do you do if someone does laugh? I was thinking more about this and the only "positive thought" I can put on it is that it's their problem if they're gonig to be so rude not mine. This solution does seem to be lacking though.

Spoiler:
    Show
    can you get in contact with your doctor and let them know how much you're struggling? You can do this! And in all probability you probably didn't do anything to deserve it - I think that applies to a lot of people here. :hugs:

(Original post by CescaD96)
    Feel weird and deja vu like. Painful to walk.

Voices & ED
    Spoiler:
    Show
    My voice C keeps telling me that I've eaten too much today because I had that sausage roll at break time - it was so nice. And overall, the 4 of them are fighting right now over my politics paper I just did. :s
    Spoiler:
    Show
    It sounds really horrible to have to listen to them fighting. :console: I take it the abilify hasn't helped yet?

Btw, AWESOME news that you got the questions you wanted on the exam! :five:
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    It's great to hear I'm not the only one (well not great that you're going through it too ). That was helpful, I will try to remember your advice when the voices say that. Although, what do you do if someone does laugh? I was thinking more about this and the only "positive thought" I can put on it is that it's their problem if they're gonig to be so rude not mine. This solution does seem to be lacking though.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    can you get in contact with your doctor and let them know how much you're struggling? You can do this! And in all probability you probably didn't do anything to deserve it - I think that applies to a lot of people here. :hugs:

Spoiler:
    Show
    It sounds really horrible to have to listen to them fighting. :console: I take it the abilify hasn't helped yet?

Btw, AWESOME news that you got the questions you wanted on the exam! :five:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Still not working but no headaches anymore. Which is a massive plus.

Thanks! I'm so happy about how it went. Especially I nearly fainted again earlier.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    What to do if someone laughs at you? Either laugh back at them or ignore them. Thats what i've been told before... It's hard and it took awhile but i was able to make progress on ignoring people who are idiots towards me before officially finishing on friday. (only have to go in for exams now, however i have been invited to this exam club thing which my parents are making me go to..)

Spoiler:
    Show
    I don't have access to the counsellor that i see at school until next week (half term for me at the moment), and she's the one that gives me most of my support and stuff as i haven't had the courage to go and see my doctors yet. However, i think i might bring up seeking my doctors help when i next see her... My close friends offline also support me as well, which is good... I'm just hoping that once i finish this week at home (which is tough due to various things), things will be better due to the fact that i won't be at home all the time and therefore won't have to deal with my parents and sister basically being idiots towards me all the time as well...

ReputationRep:
    I've been told to stop taking the mirtazapine to see if that stops me from needing to sleep 16+ hours a night. Really anxious about doing this as I've been on it like 5 years or so now and it has helped the worst of my depression. I'm not even that sure I want to sleep less; more sleep = less time with the voices and thoughts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Midnightmemories)
    What to do if someone laughs at you? Either laugh back at them or ignore them. Thats what i've been told before... It's hard and it took awhile but i was able to make progress on ignoring people who are idiots towards me before officially finishing on friday. (only have to go in for exams now, however i have been invited to this exam club thing which my parents are making me go to..)

Spoiler:
    Show
    I don't have access to the counsellor that i see at school until next week (half term for me at the moment), and she's the one that gives me most of my support and stuff as i haven't had the courage to go and see my doctors yet. However, i think i might bring up seeking my doctors help when i next see her... My close friends offline also support me as well, which is good... I'm just hoping that once i finish this week at home (which is tough due to various things), things will be better due to the fact that i won't be at home all the time and therefore won't have to deal with my parents and sister basically being idiots towards me all the time as well...
    What I meant is, if your rational CBT thought is "they're not going to laugh at me today" then it does happen, it's been proved wrong and the original thought is correct. That's what I'm confused about I think I probably just don't get this CBT malarkey

Spoiler:
    Show
    I think bringing up seeing your doctor with your counselor is definitely a good idea. If you're still scared after speaking with her could you try taking a good friend with you to the GP for support? It's great you've got friends who support you although sorry to hear about your home situation. Are you starting university in september to be able to get away from them?

ReputationRep:
    People really don't help themselves, do they? Why do people act in a certain way when they know it is going to piss you off? Some people are so stupid or they do it on purpose which is even worse.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cuppa)
    OMG they're the actual devil I was having what I thought was a peaceful nap when my dog woke me up and I musta gotten scared (or maybe it was bc I was worried before napping, idk) because I woke up having a panic attack and I didn't understand what in the hell was going on I was so confused
    They really aw, we need to hunt down whoever decided panic attacks were a good idea and blast them.

ReputationRep:
    :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superwolf)
    DepSoc Island!
    https://www.yahoo.com/travel/i-bough...915759447.html

You missed out here: $15000 isn't too bad at all

ReputationRep:
    all I feel is emptiness & despair, I manage fleeting moments of feeling other things but ulitimately all I have left now is the darkness inside.

ReputationRep:
    Some people are almost poetic about their sadness (for a lack of a better word) meanwhile I was cryin while making pancakes and burned myself cos tears fell to the burnin oil.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 19, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.