Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    HIGUAIN
    Spoiler:
    Show
    jk we are never getting him, the whole "agent vs son" agenda shows how desperate we are..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BigWillow)
    HIGUAIN
    Spoiler:
    Show
    jk we are never getting him, the whole "agent vs brother" agenda shows how desperate we are..
    Even without taking into account the lack of decent strikers and how insane their transfer fees are at the moment, I can't see us buying a striker when we have Sturridge, Origi, Ings and Firmino and no European football..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    Even without taking into account the lack of decent strikers and how insane their transfer fees are at the moment, I can't see us buying a striker when we have Sturridge, Origi, Ings and Firmino and no European football..
    Don't forget Benteke! In all seriousness though I agree with you, although I tend to see Firmino as a number 10 as opposed to a striker and he only played there when we wanted to play a "false 9" in some big games.
    I would rather see us address the issues that are most prominent before going after luxury players like him, which Klopp has already taken some steps towards, which is good to see.

ReputationRep:
    Don't forget Benteke! In all seriousness though I agree with you, although I tend to see Firmino as a number 10 as opposed to a striker and he only played there when we wanted to play a "false 9" in some big games.
    I would rather see us address the issues that are most prominent before going after luxury players like him, which Klopp has already taken some steps towards, which is good to see.
    Well I expect us to sell Benteke and Balotelli. I think Yesil is off this summer too.

Firmino had some decent numbers up front but I'd agree that he doesn't offer enough up front to get the ball to stick (not enough presence and passing can be wayward) but 4th choice isn't terrible. Klopp seems to favour playing 1 striker so we shouldn't need to see Firmino there much.

Didn't Milner play as striker for Man City in a handful of games?

Leftback, central midfield and pacey winger/attacking player seems to be the next 3 obvious places to strengthen.

ReputationRep:
    Well I expect us to sell Benteke and Balotelli. I think Yesil is off this summer too.

Firmino had some decent numbers up front but I'd agree that he doesn't offer enough up front to get the ball to stick (not enough presence and passing can be wayward) but 4th choice isn't terrible. Klopp seems to favour playing 1 striker so we shouldn't need to see Firmino there much.

Didn't Milner play as striker for Man City in a handful of games?

Leftback, central midfield and pacey winger/attacking player seems to be the next 3 obvious places to strengthen.
    I actually completely forgot about Balotelli, but yeah hopefully he goes with Benteke.
    Also I have no idea about Milner, I was actually surprised last season when his best work came out wide, thought he would play centrally tbh..

ReputationRep:
    I actually completely forgot about Balotelli, but yeah hopefully he goes with Benteke.
    Also I have no idea about Milner, I was actually surprised last season when his best work came out wide, thought he would play centrally tbh..
    I just don't think Milner offers enough as a CM. I know he joined on the promise from Rodgers to play CM but Klopp will say he's not tied to that promise. Milner is a weird one.. would usually be 6th or 7th choice for the 5 central/attacking positions. Great to have in the squad but not sure when he'll get annoyed about that?

ReputationRep:
    Higuain and Lacazette rumours get thrown around every transfer window, if I see a headline or tweet with either name I think "********".

ReputationRep:
    I just don't think Milner offers enough as a CM. I know he joined on the promise from Rodgers to play CM but Klopp will say he's not tied to that promise. Milner is a weird one.. would usually be 6th or 7th choice for the 5 central/attacking positions. Great to have in the squad but not sure when he'll get annoyed about that?
    He is such a typical Klopp player though, works so hard every game and he usually plays decent in most games, however he was like that at City and left. So I would see it being no different if next season he wasn't playing as much as he wanted too. Which would be more likely now that we have no European football, so would maybe play 45-50 games instead of like 65.

As it has been widely touted that Klopp will have a massive clear out, I feel a lot of squad players could and hopefully will leave eg Skrtel, Allen, Lucas et al

ReputationRep:
    He is such a typical Klopp player though, works so hard every game and he usually plays decent in most games, however he was like that at City and left. So I would see it being no different if next season he wasn't playing as much as he wanted too. Which would be more likely now that we have no European football, so would maybe play 45-50 games instead of like 65.

As it has been widely touted that Klopp will have a massive clear out, I feel a lot of squad players could and hopefully will leave eg Skrtel, Allen, Lucas et al
    Yes he's a hard worker and an intelligent footballer but I'm not sure he's quick enough over the first few yards for Klopp for the long term?

I can't really see Milner getting 28+ league games next season especially if we buy a couple more players.

We do have a pretty bloated squad so there will be some youngsters who leave and players like Wisdom who is being linked to Celtic (Rodgers is now there) for £3mil. Skrtel will definitely go - seems to be Turkey at the moment. I think we'll see Allen go but Lucas stay?

ReputationRep:
    Yes he's a hard worker and an intelligent footballer but I'm not sure he's quick enough over the first few yards for Klopp for the long term?

I can't really see Milner getting 28+ league games next season especially if we buy a couple more players.

We do have a pretty bloated squad so there will be some youngsters who leave and players like Wisdom who is being linked to Celtic (Rodgers is now there) for £3mil. Skrtel will definitely go - seems to be Turkey at the moment. I think we'll see Allen go but Lucas stay?
    Yeah potentially one of Allen or Lucas stays, interesting fact about Wisdom, that he lives round the corner from me, I regularly see him walking his dog. Well when he isn't on loan of course.. But yeah he should go, along with Flanagan and Smith tbh, our full backs are so weak apart from Clyne it pains me.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah potentially one of Allen or Lucas stays, interesting fact about Wisdom, that he lives round the corner from me, I regularly see him walking his dog. Well when he isn't on loan of course.. But yeah he should go, along with Flanagan and Smith tbh, our full backs are so weak apart from Clyne it pains me.
    I can't see Allen staying since he still won't get a starting role and he seems to want to play regular football. Lucas might stay just because he's been at the club for 9 years now.

Shame about Wisdom. He got loads of games (for his age) for us. Had a productive loan at Derby and then played for WBA for half a season and then seemed to spiral downwards. He's still got 3 years on his contract with us..

Smith will leave as not good enough. Not sure if Klopp will keep Flanagan for another year - seems like his type of player? Gomez/Flanagan might be enough to cover RB next season since Clyne would be likely to play all 38 games baring injury.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    https://twitter.com/GFFN/status/740195220617367552

Further twist to Sakho saga - he's asked UEFA to be provisionally suspended for a month.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr tim)
    https://twitter.com/GFFN/status/740195220617367552

Further twist to Sakho saga - he's asked UEFA to be provisionally suspended for a month.
    Not clear if he's asking to be suspended for a month or if this is talking about when he got suspended previously?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Apparently Klopp was watching Higuain because his son fancied watching the Copa America during the summer. Nothing more, nothing less.

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't make sense to buy a striker. Wasting money. We need a proper a consistent winger (sane). And two powerful CB and LB.

3 players will be sufficient

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Hodgson set to start Walker over Clyne on Saturday, apparently.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Hodgson set to start Walker over Clyne on Saturday, apparently.
    Could we have 5 Liverpool players who traveled with England but none of them play?

ReputationRep:
    Liverpool striker Christian Benteke says he will have to consider leaving the club if manager Jurgen Klopp continues to leave him out next season.

Benteke, 25, was signed by former Reds boss Brendan Rodgers for £32.5m, but started just eight league games after German Klopp was appointed in October.

"I still have a contract at Liverpool and I'd like to stay there, if I remain in the coach's plans," he said.

"If that's not the case, it will become difficult to stay."

The Belgium striker, who is currently preparing for Euro 2016 in France, added: "When Klopp arrived I saw that I wasn't in his plans. That was frustrating because I knew that during my first season at Aston Villa he wanted me.

"But we had several discussions together - I respect and I understand his decisions. I'll think about if after the Euros."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36482284

"SOMEONE MAKE AN OFFER FOR ME"

ReputationRep:
    I'd take £25m for him and Balotelli in an instant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    I'd take £25m for him and Balotelli in an instant.
    Surely we should be able to get at least £20mil for Benteke? The market is crazy and even if he had a bad season for us, Benteke has a history of being a strong striker (1 in 2.5) for his time at Villa and considering he's still only 25.

Only issue is his wages..

Balotelli must only have a year left on his contract? Can't see us getting much for him and the main thing for us will be to get his wages off the books.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.