Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Never noticed it before, but watched a video on youtube and Vardy is genuinely world class. Big, big signing.

ReputationRep:
    Fwiw, our fans are spoilt as **** sometimes with great strikers over the decades. And generally they think we are Real Madrid. I can see why we are disliked as a few are genuinely morons.

I would personally just be happy with a few ambitious signings, no top players leaving, and Giroud on the bench.

ReputationRep:
    Can see him getting cucked by Giroud tho

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrit...2-hour-8106128

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James.Carnell)
    Fwiw, our fans are spoilt as **** sometimes with great strikers over the decades. And generally they think we are Real Madrid. I can see why we are disliked as a few are genuinely morons.

I would personally just be happy with a few ambitious signings, no top players leaving, and Giroud on the bench.
    I'd say near about 85% of our fanbase are morons..

ReputationRep:
    Sky sports:

Players of over 20mil signed since arsenal last won the PL:

Arsenal: 3, (4 if vardy signs)
    United: 12
    Liverpool: 12
    Chelsea: 16
    Man city: 18

ReputationRep:
    Liverpool spending at least £240m on transfers and won only 3 trophies? (that's a lot of wasted money if you ask me )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen_acorns)
    Sky sports:

Players of over 20mil signed since arsenal last won the PL:

Arsenal: 3, (4 if vardy signs)
    United: 12
    Liverpool: 12
    Chelsea: 16
    Man city: 18
    Because it's okay not winning the title as long as your net spend is low, right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swirly)
    Never noticed it before, but watched a video on youtube and Vardy is genuinely world class. Big, big signing.
    YouTube videos can make anyone look world class, including players who aren't - namely Vardy.

ReputationRep:
    Regarding the Vardy signing, people are totally illogical with him, it might work out it might not.

But the age thing they mention is dumb as ****, Higuain is 28. Cavani is 29. Benzema is 28.

If his name was James Vardei top scorer from La Liga signed for £40m people would be saying it is an inspirational signing. But since he is English and rose to prominence at a later age people are not seeing it as a glamorous enough signing.
    Transfers like this rarely work. When was the last time a player who has not been near a consistent top team for his whole career shot up to prominence at the age of 29 and got a transfer to a big team and did really well? From what I can see these transfers usually don't work due to the risk. But he is a winner - Arsenal could do with one of those.

The other names you have mentioned have proven themselves on a larger scale - but are also not necessarily the answers for Arsenal aside from Benzema.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

brb Bebe

ReputationRep:
    Chat **** get 4th

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gob Bluth)
    Transfers like this rarely work. When was the last time a player who has not been near a consistent top team for his whole career shot up to prominence at the age of 29 and got a transfer to a big team and did really well? From what I can see these transfers usually don't work due to the risk. But he is a winner - Arsenal could do with one of those.

The other names you have mentioned have proven themselves on a larger scale - but are also not necessarily the answers for Arsenal aside from Benzema.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    top bantz

ReputationRep:
    loling at people comparing this transfer to RVP's.

RVP had two world class seasons where he far and away the best and most consistent striker in the league. Arsenal were basically a one man team at the time and he was world class. Vardy's had a great year don't get me wrong, but although he was a standout figure he was still very much a cog in that team in the same way everyone else was - Fergie build the team around getting the ball to Van Persie. Can't see Wenger telling Ozil and Sanchez to knock it over the top from their own half so WKD can get on it.

ReputationRep:
    he far and away

ReputationRep:
    Stop this madness. Keep vardy at Leicester.

ReputationRep:
    imagine thinking Vardy isn't world class

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rk2k14)
    he far and away
    Add something to the conversation for once. #hayemaker

Nonce.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimmy Seville)
    Add something to the conversation for once. #hayemaker

Nonce.
    Agree with your post.
    Just not the grammar.

ReputationRep:
    Medical tomorrow

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/footb...e-s-persuasion

ReputationRep:
    "Wilshere's persuasion"? Now imagine if Wilshere hadn't been called up to play in Euro 2016 - Vardy would've stayed put or moved elsewhere

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: October 7, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.