Official LSE Applicants+Decisions 2009 Watch

This discussion is closed.
Moses99p
Badges: 0
Report 9 years ago
Well I've applied to do law, and am sitting the entrance exam on the 10th March... soooooo there's still a while left for people to wait!

Does anyone know roughly how many people sit the entrance exam? How long after I sit it will it be marked?
Beef_Eater
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by amar247)
what do you mean?
don't worry.
Beef_Eater
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
so then guys and girls, should we all pray for an offer on Friday?
cactus_c
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Beef_Eater)
You never stop do you?
dawgnut
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by cactus_c)
You never stop do you?
Two more people neg rep him to get him banned for another week :awesome:
paulapie
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Not many people got rejected today does that mean:

1) It was not a rejection day and these people were lying as it seems weird to have two rejection days after each other.
I can't quite understand why anyone would lie about a rejection.
But even more confusing, is why you would assume people are lying.

It makes me almost glad I won't be spending 4 years of my life in a school with people like this.
No offence intended to the majority of TSR users. Not all appear to have let their desperation for an LSE offer consume their minds.

Bad enough to be rejected, but then to have people contemplating over whether or not you're lying about it (even though I'm still not sure what that would achieve on the liars' behalfs). Wow.
andy22may
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
i think we need to start a campaign to get beef eater kicked off TSR lol so annoying
Belkin
Report 9 years ago
I'm waiting on maths&econ! Late in the day to join the thread I know. Probably got one of the slimmest chances of getting in too! 3A* 5A 2B at GCSE, ABBB at AS level, and predicted AAAa in maths/econ/business/AS f.maths. Applied 05Jan09, no update yet.
grademe
Report 9 years ago
The admissions process itself is undoubtedly a stressful period, but do not succumb to it: you have completed your part of the process, and it is in the hands of the university. Just continue with your studies, and your decision will reach you. There is little you can change about that.
FiatDriver
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by paulapie)

It makes me almost glad I won't be spending 4 years of my life in a school with people like this.
No offence intended to the majority of TSR users. Not all appear to have let their desperation for an LSE offer consume their minds.

Bad enough to be rejected, but then to have people contemplating over whether or not you're lying about it (even though I'm still not sure what that would achieve on the liars' behalfs). Wow.
Completely agree. It's a bit pathetic, really. If someone is rejected from their first choice, the last thing they need is to be interrogated about the rejection and accused of lying by a bunch of prepubescent applicants.
amar247
Report 9 years ago
I think beef_eater funny
Jong Il Kim
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
well, I am not going to argue with that anymore as it is totally pointless.

I appealed three weeks ago, and I used the wrong tense in saying "I am going to appeal". At that point, I already appealed but I stated 'I will' as I was unsure about the outcome.

If you don't believe me, or think I am trying to deceive you guys, fair enough. That will NOT make any difference.

Those who wants to know the details of feedback, appeal, etc,. Just PM me.
I can't be bothered to answer every single posts.

N.B. Oh, also I got rejected from Oxford and LSE, but appealed and got into LSE, whereas my brother got straight offers from both Cambridge and LSE.

might see you there this September anyway.
Jong Il Kim
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by paulapie)

well stated. That is one of the reasons why I would choose UCL over LSE, despite the fact that I got accepted both for pure econ.
Jong Il Kim
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by FiatDriver)
So many of you are so worryingly obsessed with LSE. It's an amazing school but don't let it run your lives

Anyway, I've received an offer for Government, please add me to the list. Although saying that I'm probably going to reject the LSE in favour of Warwick.
(Original post by Orange mood)
I haven't received anything from LSE yet, but if i do get an offer I might choose Warwick instead as well...=)
It would be interesting to see how many LSE offer holders turn down their LSE offers and go elsewhere. I'm 99% sure I will choose UCL over LSE.
rick89
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
So is this Friday offers or rejections?
this guy scares off many people (including myself) in this thread.

he's exactly the kind of person LSE shouldn't let in.
facetious
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by rick89)
this guy scares off many people (including myself) in this thread.

he's exactly the kind of person LSE shouldn't let in.

thats a bit harsh really..
cactus_c
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Jong Il Kim)
It would be interesting to see how many LSE offer holders turn down their LSE offers and go elsewhere. I'm 99% sure I will choose UCL over LSE.
What downsides do you see with LSE L101? Is it too geeky/mathsy..? I'm genuinely interested
nikanika
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by cactus_c)
What downsides do you see with LSE L101? Is it too geeky/mathsy..? I'm genuinely interested
He was rejected. Other than that, nothing.
titch
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by andy22may)
to clarify all this, why dopesnt Jong il Kim post a screenshot?? i couldnt care less tho tbh
So Jong Kim, I notice you didn't reply to this, nor to my post. I asked you if you had an interview in Singapore for Oxford or were you rejected without interview? You have posted both stories.

I'm sure you won't be at LSE but when did you get your offer for UCL? You never posted in the UCL forum that you had got it. Only that you had applied on the 7th September then corrected that to 7th November. Then you posted you had two rejections but not from which places. Given that you got into UCL & LSE who rejected you with 44 IB points?
ColonelStrong
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Wow Titch. You sound like bit of an ar*e.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have any savings?

Yes (173)
67.58%
No (83)
32.42%

Watched Threads