Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr234)
    Did anyone else notice this.. I got lower in the subjects I thought I had done well on and surprisingly higher in the subjects which I wasn't at all.confident in.. Still baffles me how it happened:ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I did too! The subjects i thought i was going to get A* in i got A and then i got an A in some i thought i was only going to get a B! Maths for instance, i have never in my life got higher than a low B in maths(I got an E in my maths common entrance!) And then i ended up with an A!! It flummoxes me too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChronicBoredom)
    Can anyone help me? I did edexcel maths and I got an A but it doesn't saw how many UMS/ raw marks I got, just over all points which is 52? What does that even mean?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Edexcel Maths isn't modular, so they don't show each individual paper and there is no UMS. 52 is the number of points for the A grade received.

Oh, and does anyone know the UMS grade boundaries in total for French? Like 250/300 for a B, 260/300 for an A etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by H0PEL3SS)
    Edexcel Maths isn't modular, so they don't show each individual paper and there is no UMS. 52 is the number of points for the A grade received.
    Huh? So I won't know the actual mark I got?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey if anyone could share their options on this then it would be very much appreciated.
    Basically I was 1 UMS of getting an A in citizenship and it was my only B grade. (I got 9A*s, 3As, 1B) So I was just wondering is it worth getting it remarked just for that A? Also it's somewhat of a subjective subject so do you think that I may get that A?

Thanks in advance!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No. I also took the same exam, and I don't know either, and I would have liked to know...
    And to answer your other post, if it's AQA French, then 270 is an A*, 240 is an A etc..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theJdog)
    I think my mum feels really bad about my grades She said that two months of revision wasn't enough and I should have done more.
    I'm sure you won't of done that bad.Just think once we all get to A level these GCSE will be like our sats.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You can find out what marks you got from your teacher, my teacher was telling people how far away they was from higher grades

ReputationRep:
    Can i ask? Is: A* Eng lit, A* french, A Maths, A History, A Philosophy, A Biology, A Latin, B Physics, B Eng Lang good? So overall 2A*s, 5As and 2Bs (Including 4 igcse's)
    Is that a good set of results because i feel quite
    disappointed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heytherehello)
    Can i ask? Is: A* Eng lit, A* french, A Maths, A History, A Philosophy, A Biology, A Latin, B Physics, B Eng Lang good? So overall 2A*s, 5As and 2Bs (Including 4 igcse's)
    disappointed
    I wouldn't say it's dissapointing but I know the feeling you have. I got 3A's 5B's and 3C's and although it sounds good I have the feeling I could have done better which I think is what you're experiencing

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I did too! The subjects i thought i was going to get A* in i got A and then i got an A in some i thought i was only going to get a B! Maths for instance, i have never in my life got higher than a low B in maths(I got an E in my maths common entrance!) And then i ended up with an A!! It flummoxes me too!
    I know, i thought i had an A* in chemistry- i got an A and in Business i was pretty certain i'd probably got A B- got an A* ! I was like:curious: have i got the wrong results sheet?
    Haha ,bet you were chuffed!

ReputationRep:
    i really do praise everyone for results.... i'm not fishing for compliments..but do I sound ungrateful for not being happy for 6A*s and 4A's... especially when my sisters have a record of maintaining straight A*s....yet again i'd like to say that although i'm very appreciative.. i wish i paid more attention in those particular subjects especially ENGLISH

ReputationRep:
    Looool my college tutors name is modu miah >.<

ReputationRep:
    disappointed
    those are great! dont be put off by the tsr trolls who make accounts and claim they've got 12 A*s and stuff, you did great

ReputationRep:
    I got 10A* and 1A (Eng. Lang), GOT FULL MARKS IN ENG. LIT! (I thought I was going to get a B!)
    I was four marks off an A* overall, and I am going to put it in for a remark.
    What are my chances of getting an A*?
    the paper is out of 80.
    Thanks everyone

ReputationRep:
    If I wait until September 4th to speak to my school about getting an exam remarked does that give me long enough to sort it out? ( I really want to get it remarked so I don't want to miss the deadline) (Ones on AQA ones on OCR)

Also could someone tell me how I go about getting exams remarked?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BuddingAchiever)
    i really do praise everyone for results.... i'm not fishing for compliments..but do I sound ungrateful for not being happy for 6A*s and 4A's... especially when my sisters have a record of maintaining straight A*s....yet again i'd like to say that although i'm very appreciative.. i wish i paid more attention in those particular subjects especially ENGLISH
    Don't compare with your siblings, all that matters is that you have amazing grades that will allow you to meet most-if not all entry requirements for the college/uni you want to attend! Don't be disheartened, your results are amazing!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr234)
    I know, i thought i had an A* in chemistry- i got an A and in Business i was pretty certain i'd probably got A B- got an A* ! I was like:curious: have i got the wrong results sheet?
    Haha ,bet you were chuffed!
    Haha, i bet you were too! Also, in english lit, i had never actually written an essay for one of my books in exam conditions before (also i did igcse so we weren't allowed any of our books in the exam) and i was like oh **** i'm going to fail and i got an A*. Similarly, the day after my french listening and reading i was sobbing to my mother saying i'd failed french. Turned out i got full UMS marks in the listening, reading and speaking then got 83/90 on the writing and got almost full marks overall! The exam boards be cray cray!! haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThePhoenixLament)
    Predicted grades / Actual Grade:
    English Lit: A* A
    English Lang: A* A*
    Maths: A* A*
    Biology, Chemistry& Physics: A*A*A* AAA*
    Geography: A* A
    Art: A* A
    RE: A* A*
    German: A A*

Comments:
    Before: I knew from the first week an A* in Art for me was impossible. If I get an A* in Maths it will be ridiculously close. It is impossible for me to get an A* in Physics due to me having to get 103% in the final unit... I think the others I may have achieved... just. Think I may have got an A* in German as I have been doing extra work as I wanted to show my teacher I could get an A* if I tried really hard.
    After: ...How on earth did I get an A* in Physics?! Very happy with my German. Disappointed with my Geography as I got two A*s in the papers but my coursework dragged me down (considering in the mocks I got C's in both papers I'm very proud though). English Lit I am also disappointed, but got full marks in my coursework so again I'm proud.
    However, I feel I can't really complain as I still did very well. Plus my friend got the first A* in Food Tech in our school for 15 years and is off to do a chef diploma. I feel like a proud parent!

What are you going to study for Alevels/Btechs/IB:
    Biology, Chemistry, Decision Maths and English Literature

Did anyone manage an A* in AQA English Literature?
    Yeah, I did - what texts did you do? Also, for some unknown reason, I too was predicted an A* in Biology and ended up getting an A, but I got an A* in Chemistry lol. I genuinely found Biology the easiest, and yet I got lower than what I was predicted :/ I got an A in Physics though, which I was happy about because I thought I had failed the second paper. What examining board were you with for the sciences?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If the exam has less definitive answers theres a chance you could get the extra mark due to a different examiners opinion.

Personally if I was in that situation I would get it remarked because let's face it, straight A's sounds nice and looks pretty written down.
    The only thing to lose is money if the grade doesn't change. But the decision is yours.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.