Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Getting stopped by the police is a lovely way to scare the living daylights out of you and panic :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IDukem)
    Your friends might say the same about you too, the fact is they're your friends regardless on whether you think they're too good or if they think you're too good for them
    Time's a great healer
    That's great to hear!! :hugs:
    Hahaaa likewise :ninja:
    N'aww man i'm so proud of you!! See it's the little steps that count for a lot and you're not only doing it, you're bossing it extremely well :grin:
    I'm feeling all right actually, how about you? :hugs:
    I doubt it, I'm a crap friend.
    Yeah. She said today that it's not me, that there's something else which is bothering her. Which is a relief, because I thought she was still upset with me.
    Thank you. :hugs:
    Glad you're feeling good. :woo:
    Feeling awful at the moment- voices are being loud, mood is really low and I just don't know what to do anymore. :cry2: They're telling me to do silly things to myself, and I don't want to listen but it's hard.

(Original post by rhiannao)
    Hi everyone, thought I'd say hi as I'm having a pretty hard time at the moment but everyone here seems really friendly so I'm hoping it will make me feel less isolated... Hmm... I guess we'll see how that goes!
    Hello! :wavey: welcome to the soc. :hugs:

(Original post by avhhs)
    That sounds decent . I had an ok time for the first few days but things have been downhill for over a week now :sad:. This was especially important for me as I didn't really have friends previously and I wanted uni to change all that. But so far all it has done is made me feel incredibly low, and I even feel unsafe at times. Doesn't help that I don't have their phone numbers.

This quiet flat isn't helping at all :sad:. I am feeling very bad right now. And by being lucky I meant that I was feeling like I wasn't having enough fun. But I also get what you are talking about. And it is actually good that you can cry and let out your emotions, for over a year now my emotions have become numb and even something really bad happening can't make me cry, which isn't good as I know that crying can help me calm down.

................................ ....................

I feel incredibly low right now, I just want this mess to end :cry:
    I've just had a couple of okay days but back to feeling rubbish again. I saw my family today and that was lovely but I feel so sad now that they are gone, I feel like they were here for about a few seconds despite the fact that they were over for hours and hours. My little sister kept saying she was bored and wouldn't give me a hug when I left, she is normally like that anyway but it hurt a bit today. :cry2: Also having such stupid worries, such as "I don't know what I want to do after uni", despite the fact I don't NEED to worry about that for ages. I didn't have any best friends at sixth form, I too wanted to change that at uni. It is still quite early days for both of us though Do your uni/halls have any sort of arrangement where you can talk to/get advice from students that are now in their second year? I have met two lovely girls via this, I desperately want to stay in contact with them.

My flat is loud in the wrong ways - loud music coming through the walls, loud shouting at night, loudness when they are drunk. I wish I was in a flat with four other people that didn't mind nights in but liked going out to non-drinkers' events like movies, bowling, comedy, shopping etc!!! Sorry to hear you're having a hard time letting things out. :console:

ReputationRep:
    So I did eventually get round to getting my shopping done . So happy that I've managed to do it considering how low I was feeling earlier.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Hey all, I don't post much in here but feel I should tonight. Been feeling anxious/depressed/paranoid over the course of the past few days and just seeking advice: I've been in hospital before due to mental illness but really don't want to go through with that again. I don't think it's at that stage yet, but I have no meds til Monday (I take them on and off, I really shouldn't.) How do I go about feeling less anxious? Not been sleeping well either.
    Anyone?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone?
    When I'm feeling really anxious sometimes I like to watch DVDs that I've watched a hundred times before. Maybe you could try that? Even something like Harry Potter so it's not too taxing on you. I don't want to sound like a useless crisis team phone operator, but sometimes a bath can be helpful, I like to make it super hot and just lie there with my favorite music playing.

You're right that you shouldn't take your meds on and off they don't work so well when you do that, any chance you could go to a walk in center and get a refill? If you take the box with your name on it they should do it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rhiannao)
    Hi everyone, thought I'd say hi as I'm having a pretty hard time at the moment but everyone here seems really friendly so I'm hoping it will make me feel less isolated... Hmm... I guess we'll see how that goes!
    Hello! :wavey:

(Original post by Silence_Will_Fal)
    Getting stopped by the police is a lovely way to scare the living daylights out of you and panic :sad:
    :hugs:

thankyou, when i pluck up the courage to PM you i may, i just know as soon as you see my username youll know who i am instantly :sad:
    If you really don't want her to know you could just make another account.

ReputationRep:
    thankyou, when i pluck up the courage to PM you i may, i just know as soon as you see my username youll know who i am instantly :sad:
    You can use <here> to send anon e-mail, you can receive replies if you give your own e-mail (which is masked by the service). So you could use that service to send a message and get a reply from someone on here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rmhumphries)
    You can use <here> to send anon e-mail, you can receive replies if you give your own e-mail (which is masked by the service). So you could use that service to send a message and get a reply from someone on here.
    My username would give me away so I made a new one :yep:
    (Original post by Sultana)
    Hello! :wavey:

If you really don't want her to know you could just make another account.
    I never thoughtt of that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PonchoKid)
    Tears are becoming far too overrated such a mess
    I don't know, it is much better than numbness or hiding it away. It shows you are not out.

How do I go about feeling less anxious? Not been sleeping well either.
    Is your medication also treating your anxiousness? Apart from taking your meds, you may just writ down your thoughts and try to think objectively about them, do something with somebody else, cook yourself something really tasty and healthy, watching simple-minded feeling-good movies, wear cosy clothes, drinking tea, reading stuff you loved during your childhood.... Concerning insomnia, there are some tipps on TSR (article). If non sleeping becomes really bad, you need to try to sleep only for some hours and force you to stay awake the rest of the time.

(Original post by Silence_Will_Fal)
    On another hand it is quite common to be scared and can be really funny afterwards, thinking about how scared someone was. We giggled a lot about those stories. (Afterwards ... )

ReputationRep:
    Night time. :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    trigger warning for relationship abuse

Spoiler:
    Show

im really worried that iv gotten myself into a mentally/emotionally abusive relationship, but i know if i end it it will not only kill him but me too. i just dont know what to do about any of it

can i PM anyone about this?

Been in this exact situation before. Have since separated and both of us are alive and doing better now. If you want to PM me I'm 100% happy to listen and try to advise.

ReputationRep:
    Feel so low at the moment. I really am loosing all hope of living. Bad feelings are constantly popping up into my head and are becoming stronger and stronger. If I physically had the strength right now I would act.
    This depression has got such a strong hold of me at the moment that even when I know I should be happy I'm actually not. Fake smiles are all I have to hold on to.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sultana)

(Original post by Nathanielle)

On another hand it is quite common to be scared and can be really funny afterwards, thinking about how scared someone was. We giggled a lot about those stories. (Afterwards ... )
    Yeah, it's funny now, but at the time it so wasn't! It's the fact I couldn't figure out what the **** I'd done wrong, they let me go in the end though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rachel-ec)
    New to this particular thread but I just wanted to say that you're not alone in this. It's been a year since I last saw my best friend who I've known since I was about 4. I've given up on our friendship because I figured I needed to focus on getting myself to a better place mentally instead of worrying about someone who obviously didn't care about me. I wish I could give you the answer to this but all I can say is that I've been happier since I decided I didn't care if she contacted me or not.

Sending you virtual hugs

Rachel
    Hi Rachel

I don't think I can stop caring about it. I try to but maybe go a week or two before I contact her. Sounds pathetic I know, I wish I didn't care. I haven't seen her in months. Only once for 30 mins when it suited her. Now I'm thinking about it, I've realised I haven't seen her properly since December! I feel like an idiot for putting up with it but I still say she is my best friend. I think if I eventually see her and and things just don't feel like they used to I'll distance myself from the situation.

Thank you for replying and welcome! How are you?

(Original post by avhhs)
    Don't worry :lovehug:, I went through a period of doing that :ninja:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks :hugs:. I'm sorry to read you've been feeling low .Maybe once you settle into a routine at uni and meet more people you'll feel better?

(Original post by superwolf)
    Hey luno. Sorry I don't really have time to write out a proper reply (dissertation due in on Monday!), but I just want to say it's good to hear from you again, and don't worry too much - if I can make it through final year, anyone can.

Hola superwolf :hugs:

Telling me not to worry is easier said than done but I'll try! I think I should save the worrying for when it's needed near exam time!

Congratulations on nearly finishing your dissertation! I bet it's amazing! Is it something Russiany?

I kind of regret not choosing to do a dissertation this year but I did manage to get the last place on a capped course about teaching languages in schools which is good. Although the prospect of teaching and giving presentations in secondary schools feels a lot more daunting than when I taught in France! You'd think it would have prepared me for it but teenagers can be mean !

--------------

Goodnight!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BnBn)
    Feel so low at the moment. I really am loosing all hope of living. Bad feelings are constantly popping up into my head and are becoming stronger and stronger. If I physically had the strength right now I would act.
    This depression has got such a strong hold of me at the moment that even when I know I should be happy I'm actually not. Fake smiles are all I have to hold on to.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know how you're feeling but you're stronger than you think. Definitely stronger than the depression but it is tough and it will take time. But things will get better. You need to take one day at a time and count each day as an achievement because you made it.

Is there anything you can do to help distract yourself from the bad thoughts? I find reading can help when I can actually concentrate but when I can't 30 min comedies or random youtube videos are good distractions.

We're here for you. I am terrible at giving advice but the people on this thread are pretty awesome.

Stay strong and don't lose hope :hugs:.
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Study Helper

Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Study Helper
    Sigh, at an all time low again. Can't sleep, head hurts, confused about everything, thinking about things... :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by usycool1)
    Sigh, at an all time low again. Can't sleep, head hurts, confused about everything, thinking about things... :sad:
    Is there a reason why you're feeling like this? What are you confused about? I

:hugs: Nights like that are horrible. I read about this thing that helps you sleep and it works for me. When in bed you basically think about a body part and relax it. I start from my head and work my way down. When it works well you can fall asleep before reaching your feet. The main focus is relaxing your body and it's a great distraction, kind of like meditation.

I'm going to bed now. I hope you eventually manage to get some sleep :hugs:.
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Study Helper

Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Study Helper
    (Original post by luno)
    Is there a reason why you're feeling like this? What are you confused about? I

:hugs: Nights like that are horrible. I read about this thing that helps you sleep and it works for me. When in bed you basically think about a body part and relax it. I start from my head and work my way down. When it works well you can fall asleep before reaching your feet. The main focus is relaxing your body and it's a great distraction, kind of like meditation.

I'm going to bed now. I hope you eventually manage to get some sleep :hugs:.
    Hey luno, I haven't spoken to you in a while! I hope you're well

There's just lots on my mind atm... Feeling all lonely and hated by everyone and alone again, feeling all paranoid, thinking about really horrible things of the past... :sad:

:hugs: They are! That sounds good to me, I think I'll try it!

Goodnight, hope you have a good sleep :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by usycool1)
    Hey luno, I haven't spoken to you in a while! I hope you're well

There's just lots on my mind atm... Feeling all lonely and hated by everyone and alone again, feeling all paranoid, thinking about really horrible things of the past... :sad:

:hugs: They are! That sounds good to me, I think I'll try it!

Goodnight, hope you have a good sleep :hugs:
    Am not sure how wise this would be, but maybe you could try some sleeping pills.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 11, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.