Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Artetas last year of his contract. We'll get a replacement next year but knowing our luck it won't be Rabiot.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    More like the return of this man:Name:  manu_1416023a.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  22.0 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest)
    I'm not bothered if we don't get him, he's a talent but not really a needed one when we have Ramsey and Wilshere and even Ox if thats where Wenger wants him to play. I agree with Wenger on this one though, the price deffo did get a bit high (reported fees of over 10mil) for a player that hasn't proven himself and a player that we don't desperately need.

He doesn't, he's just stingy, we were in for DMs this summer (Carvalho/Bender/Martinez) and last but he will only go for them if they are at the right price and would rather not get a player than pay an extra 5mil more than he bid, but i'm 100% that Wenger does want to get these calibre of players in theory. Wenger would rather prove everyone wrong than do whats right for the team to compete atm which is sad to see, in fact I wouldn't be against Wenger leaving if he delegated more within the club so we can become more efficient.
    Yeah exactly like what the fees paid for players should be. Honestly we need a director of football. AW role should be strictly to identify good players and he should have no influence whatsoever in the negotiations. The amount of gifted players we've missed out on because AW saw a special offer in ASDA or wanted better than half-price deals is astonishing. Also we should do like Harry Redknapp is doing in that we have another coach who can also focus on the tactics because frankly AW is awful at this and gets found out year after year. Honestly Fergie played the exact tactics for half a decade and beat AW year after year with it. It was embarrassing.

ReputationRep:
    Update on them poll results too
    53% Falcao
    47% Welbeck
    :lol: this could backfire on SS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kenan and Kel)
    - His instinctive finishing is very good
    Didn't know what you meant by this until I just watched all his goals, seems like he fluffs up when he has more time on the ball, thats alright though because Giroud or Sanogo never were allowed time on the ball because they couldn't outpace defenders without being offside, Welb will hopefully induce some sort of counter attacking play in that sense which will be nice. Welbz seems to always try those cheeky chips too which will piss some people off inevitably. This signing can go either way for me but think its very unlikely he will flop completely.

ReputationRep:
    I will miss Welbeck a lot! He gets so much stick but he is a solid player I am genuinely gutted. Never thought I'd feel that way but seeing Welbeck go feels like getting a gutpunch

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Think its an interesting question:

Who was the better transfer, welbeck or falcao..

I would say welbeck without a shadow of a doubt.

No, he is not the better player.. but yes he is the better transfer.

Transfers have to surely be judged based on what they bring to the team who brought the player, in relation to how it will improve them, what it cost, etc. - they are not just about the quality of the player.

Falcao, whilst great, will not (in my mind) improve united that much.. I may be wrong on this, but I dont see him as the answer to their problems, and with his injury worries, and possible lack of pace again, I dont see him as the player that they really needed on deadline day.

So for me it comes down to, which is the biggest impact on their team:

RVP/Roney - to - Falcao

Or

Sanogo - to - Welbeck.

I would certianly say the 2nd, and say that welbeck over the course of his transfer will have a greater impact on arsenal, then falcao in his year will have on united.

So whilst he is not the better player, I would say that respective to each clubs needs, welbeck is the better transfer

ReputationRep:
    Would lol so hard if UTD don't make CL again or even europa

ReputationRep:
    I'm honestly baffled by all the United fans who are upset.

I thought you guys hated Welbeck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Imagine Welbeck getting the winner vs United.

The mere thought of this happening while Falcao draws blanks is boner inducing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    I was wondering this, you reckon established players would leave of their own accord without being pushed out? i.e Rooney Mata De Gea

ReputationRep:
    I was wondering this, you reckon established players would leave of their own accord without being pushed out? i.e Rooney Mata De Gea
    Ofcourse they would. UTD would probably lose another 50% of their plastic fanbase and revenues would plummet down. They're no longer considered to be big financially and their kit deals fall through. UTD then struggle to get out of relegation and regret selling their hidden gem Danny Welbeck.

:coma: I think I got a bit carried away

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam278)
    Imagine Welbeck getting the winner vs United.

The mere thought of this happening while Falcao draws blanks is boner inducing.
    It would be an accomplishment for any of our players to score vs UTD this season let alone Welbeck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    Weird to see the ex-Real Madrid manager buying his ex-rivals' players while at Chelsea
    Just like an ex-Barcelona manager buying his ex-rivals' player too?

ReputationRep:
    Having Welbeck now, means we hopefully will not have to see much of Sanogo trying to play football anymore. Happy days.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Welbeck being permanent probably means no star striker signing next season either, laughable.

Even SSN are taking the piss with their polls.
    Well to be fair I just finished watching SSN and the final poll results was Falcao 56% and Welbeck 44%, it wasn't a clean sweep for Falcao (Could have been loads of afc fans voting or seriously hurt man utd fans voting for welbeck too) reasonable results.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Just like an ex-Barcelona manager buying his ex-rivals' player too?
    You like Unreal Tournament 3?

I had that game, was pretty good but not enough people bought it.

ReputationRep:
    I have a horrible feeling that Wenger's gonna play Welbeck on the left.

Because... why play a player in his best position??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by natty_d)
    I'm honestly baffled by all the United fans who are upset.

I thought you guys hated Welbeck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nah, Cleverly has been that bad that he gets all the hate. When Welbz has been played in position for a few games he has had composure and scored good goals. I think we all see that given the right opportunity, he can do well.

(Original post by AR_95)
    It would be an accomplishment for any of our players to score vs UTD this season let alone Welbeck
    Nah. Give it to Evans, wait for him to make a mistake. Of course, if we don't have Evans on the pitch, this tactic fails...

(Original post by e aí rapaz)
    I have a horrible feeling that Wenger's gonna play Welbeck on the left.

Because... why play a player in his best position??
    I'd be gutted if you guys did that. :sad:

ReputationRep:
    Arteta - Flamini
    wilshire
    Welbeck - Sanogo - Cazorla

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: September 22, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.