Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm Wonderful and I'm Single Society XXIV Watch

ReputationRep:
    More excited than I should be about this Scottish vote....anyone fancy a night long TC?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ironandbeer)
    More excited than I should be about this Scottish vote....anyone fancy a night long TC?
    I really should have an early night, but in reality I probably won't! So I'll jump on later. Not too late though!

ReputationRep:
    Just treating me like crap like ironically I'm ruining their lives by my life being in ruins..so much of which is down to them. I didn't use to blame people but the more I think about things it's just a fact. Not that I would use this in general if and when I get my act together. Sorry did that make any sense..

How are you
    I hope everything turns out ok for you...
    How are they treating you like crap? Sometimes we only look at things from one point of view, our own, and don't realise what the others can be going through. It's best if you all sit down and talk about it because otherwise you all will be blaming eachother and nothing will improve. Sorry if I seem like I'm being insensitive, I'm really not, I don't know your situation and so you'll need to see what's best for you but I hope everything works out

I'm doing good, just have a bit of a headache and stomachache but other than that I can't complain

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WelshBluebird)
    I really should have an early night, but in reality I probably won't! So I'll jump on later. Not too late though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Biryani007)
    How are they treating you like crap? Sometimes we only look at things from one point of view, our own, and don't realise what the others can be going through. It's best if you all sit down and talk about it because otherwise you all will be blaming eachother and nothing will improve. Sorry if I seem like I'm being insensitive, I'm really not, I don't know your situation and so you'll need to see what's best for you but I hope everything works out

I'm doing good, just have a bit of a headache and stomachache but other than that I can't complain
    have some antacids and water and hopefully you would be fine

ReputationRep:

Thanks much appreciated
    You're not sounding insensitive at all, I know what you mean, but I do keep coming round to their pov again and again and there's no justification for half of what's happened...it isn't serious on the face of it, nothing major, it's just a family that only supports when it reflects well back on them i.e. to the wider family they're jealous of. Of course if and when I'm rich and successful, they'll be a lot more supportive then. They can do one then.

Get some sleep? Computer won't be good for the headache either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toonervoustotalk)
    have some antacids and water and hopefully you would be fine
    I just ate and had paracetamol so I'm feeling much better than before...I'll see how I am in another hour, hopefully it'll have fully gone. Thanks though

Thanks much appreciated
    You're not sounding insensitive at all, I know what you mean, but I do keep coming round to their pov again and again and there's no justification for half of what's happened...it isn't serious on the face of it, nothing major, it's just a family that only supports when it reflects well back on them i.e. to the wider family they're jealous of. Of course if and when I'm rich and successful, they'll be a lot more supportive then. They can do one then.

Get some sleep? Computer won't be good for the headache either.
    No problemo
    Aww mannnn. The sad thing is that even family members, those that are supposed to care for your interests, put themselves first nowadays...happens to a whole load of people. I'm glad that you've seen things from their point of view though because sometimes that's where the misunderstanding can be but it doesn't look like that in your case. Have you tried talking to them about it? Maybe they don't know how bad it's making you feel? I'm not supporting what they're doing at all but I wanted to know if you've tried to fix things..argh I'm being so nosey sorry...I'll stop lol.

I just had a 2 hour nap and I'm on my phone but yeah you're right...I'm a TSR addict, can't help it :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    No problemo
    Aww mannnn. The sad thing is that even family members, those that are supposed to care for your interests, put themselves first nowadays...happens to a whole load of people. I'm glad that you've seen things from their point of view though because sometimes that's where the misunderstanding can be but it doesn't look like that in your case. Have you tried talking to them about it? Maybe they don't know how bad it's making you feel? I'm not supporting what they're doing at all but I wanted to know if you've tried to fix things..argh I'm being so nosey sorry...I'll stop lol.

I just had a 2 hour nap and I'm on my phone but yeah you're right...I'm a TSR addict, can't help it :mmm:
    You're not sounding nosey you're sounding helpful. Yeah I've spoke about it and written them letters and all sorts many times, they only cared about getting some gossip about others out of the letters!!!!

Aren't we all :moon:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    You're not sounding nosey you're sounding helpful. Yeah I've spoke about it and written them letters and all sorts many times, they only cared about getting some gossip about others out of the letters!!!!

Aren't we all :moon:
    Phew ahaha..aww man I hope everything turns out okay for you!
    Are you planning on just coping with it until you leave home? How old are you if you don't mind me asking?

No social life

ReputationRep:
    Phew ahaha..aww man I hope everything turns out okay for you!
    Are you planning on just coping with it until you leave home? How old are you if you don't mind me asking?

No social life
    I'm old

Why is this?

ReputationRep:
    I'm old

Why is this?
    I class 50+ as old.

I'm joking I do have a social life but being a TSR addict makes me feel like I don't

ReputationRep:
    I class 50+ as old.

I'm joking I do have a social life but being a TSR addict makes me feel like I don't
    I'm a baby then

TSR is 1000 social lives in one Honest
    We have a TinyChat in this thread sometimes if you fancy it?

ReputationRep:
    Needs saying again

ReputationRep:
    I'm a baby then

TSR is 1000 social lives in one Honest
    We have a TinyChat in this thread sometimes if you fancy it?
    Haha I'm 18, now it's your turn :lol:

Ooo that's cool, I'll let everyone get to know me a little before I invade

ReputationRep:
    Haha I'm 18, now it's your turn :lol:

Ooo that's cool, I'll let everyone get to know me a little before I invade
    Why is everyone here 18 these days
    I'm 25!!!

Well there's your element of surprise gone...#amateur

ReputationRep:
    Why is everyone here 18 these days
    I'm 25!!!

Well there's your element of surprise gone...#amateur
    Coz that's the new hip thing yagetme?

Pffftttt send me the link... #imtoocool

ReputationRep:
    Coz that's the new hip thing yagetme?

Pffftttt send me the link... #imtoocool
    Will PM you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Black Cat)
    Sounds good and only 9 days left before I start
    Woo, which uni are you at?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lauraaaaa)
    Woo, which uni are you at?
    Christchurch in Canterbury what about yourself?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.