Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CB91)
    Nothing is coming up on BBC or Sky Sports. Until it does its just bs.
    He's done mate. He's gonna finish up with the same amount of PL medals as me.

...Well, unless City need another homegrown player next season
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by CB91)
    Nothing is coming up on BBC or Sky Sports. Until it does its just bs.
    Liverpool Echo confirms it

https://twitter.com/LivEchoLFC/statu...72912295522307

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Obiejess)
    Half of last seasons games I was stood up on my sofa, screaming. I miss it, I really do.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by IDukem)
    The second half of the season especially!! It felt good breathing again at the end of the match :lol:
    that was football though guys.
    that was bloody entertainment!

this season it's just all the bad bits without the ridiculous attacking to make up for it.

(Original post by jam277)
    **** it I'll take Gerrard if he doesn't sign a contract. Great player and would fit our team perfectly.
    i think lampard would suit you well
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Kenan and Kel)

Would be funny if he ended up at Chelsea, 10 years after the infamous transfer request.

Can't help but wonder if it's his decision to move on or if he's being pushed out by the manager.

ReputationRep:
    if echo are reporting it, it's done.

very sad to see him go; he's been with me supporting this club for over a decade and it will be very sad to see him go.

i know it sounds cold, but i kinda hope rodgers won't give him too many more games this season; recently it really looks like we're much better without him :/

ReputationRep:

Yeah he's finished but with any breaking news unless its on BBC or SS it could just be nonsense from 'ITKs' or 'sources'.

For the squad to push on it could be a good thing for him to leave tbh. Does make you wonder who the captain would be though, Henderson? Toure? (:awesome:)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Would be funny if he ended up at Chelsea, 10 years after the infamous transfer request.

Can't help but wonder if it's his decision to move on or if he's being pushed out by the manager.
    i dunno, maybe both.
    maybe he's seen that he's been sidelined recently and maybe taken it as a subtle hint.
    i don't think he's like wenger and will stay until he's literally forced out of his job.

ReputationRep:
    I wish Gerrard all the best when he goes! It's for the best for him and the club if he feels he can start and play 90 minutes at this level.

One last season with him in a Liverpool shirt! Hopefully we could win a trophy for his last season
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    i dunno, maybe both.
    maybe he's seen that he's been sidelined recently and maybe taken it as a subtle hint.
    i don't think he's like wenger and will stay until he's literally forced out of his job.
    He will never say it but the events of last year must have completely broken him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IDukem)
    I wish Gerrard all the best when he goes! It's for the best for him and the club if he feels he can start and play 90 minutes at this level.

One last season with him in a Liverpool shirt! Hopefully we could win a trophy for his last season
    League Cup is a decent shout
    Maybe even the Europa League if a miracle happens.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    He will never say it but the events of last year must have completely broken him.
    that would break anybody.

he isn't anywhere near a failure in the eyes of liverpool fans but all the haters will talk about is "the slip".
    i think that'll haunt him for the rest of his life and he really doesn't deserve it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    i think lampard would suit you well
    Nice joke but you lot bottled a 2 goal lead and somehow you've got away from being trolled due to United and Chelsea's general ****ness today.

Anyway Soton are actually a genuine threat to top 4. Doubt they'll fade personally at worst they'll come 5th or 6th in touching distance.
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by CB91)
    Yeah he's finished but with any breaking news unless its on BBC or SS it could just be nonsense from 'ITKs' or 'sources'.

For the squad to push on it could be a good thing for him to leave tbh. Does make you wonder who the captain would be though, Henderson? Toure? (:awesome:)
    Just in case you do want BBC/Sky and not things like Liverpool Echo. BBC just confirmed it.

https://twitter.com/BBCSport/status/550778578028490752
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    that would break anybody.

he isn't anywhere near a failure in the eyes of liverpool fans but all the haters will talk about is "the slip".
    i think that'll haunt him for the rest of his life and he really doesn't deserve it.
    He's still had a career that most people would kill for, yes he could have won several titles elsewhere but he'll go down as one of Liverpool's greatest ever players whereas with Chelsea he'd just be a small fish in a big pond.

The ''Gerrard 0'' jokes will go on for years to come. My Twitter timeline is full of them at the moment. It is quite funny looking at some of the players who've won a Premier League medal when you consider that he hasn't. Bobby Moore never won the league, don't think Gary Lineker ever did either. Gerrard's up there with them.

Nice joke but you lot bottled a 2 goal lead and somehow you've got away from being trolled due to United and Chelsea's general ****ness today.

Anyway Soton are actually a genuine threat to top 4. Doubt they'll fade personally at worst they'll come 5th or 6th in touching distance.
    On this evidence, would you rule them out of finishing 3rd? I sure wouldn't. After they've played us next week, their fixtures are very kind to them. They've got to go to the Bridge and the Emptyhad on the last day, but other than that most of their 'tough' games are at home. I'd love to see them do it. They've still got Jay Rodriguez to come back and they'll surely sign 1 or 2 players in the window.

ReputationRep:

Top 2 is certain. Only question is whether it's City or Chelsea as champions.

Man Utd almost certain to take 3rd. Won't do better or worse. Somebody like Depay could improve us, but still not to a city/chelsea level. Could slip to 4th, won't make 2nd.

4th is one of Arsenal/Soton/Tottenham for me. Liverpool could do it with the right signings perhaps, but I can't see it.

ReputationRep:
    Gerrard... :cry:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    On this evidence, would you rule them out of finishing 3rd? I sure wouldn't. After they've played us next week, their fixtures are very kind to them. They've got to go to the Bridge and the Emptyhad on the last day, but other than that most of their 'tough' games are at home. I'd love to see them do it. They've still got Jay Rodriguez to come back and they'll surely sign 1 or 2 players in the window.
    I don't think they'll finish 3rd. United I think have the players capable of going on a big run if they stay fit and will be able to consolidate 3rd place.

Personally table will be

1st. Chelsea(90 points)
    2nd. City (85 points)
    3rd. United (78 points)
    4th-7th. Soton/Arsenal/Liverpool/Spurs
    (65-75 points) can't call the order, Liverpool lose any more ground then they're not coming 4th though and will focus on europa league so could yet see them in the CL again next season via that avenue.

Doubt Everton will be anything above top half if that and will focus on europa league from now on in too.

I'm anticipating us to beat City at Stamford Bridge as they won't have Toure for that match but if they beat us then City come first. Essentially the H2H's will be the title decider this year.
    (Original post by samba)
    Top 2 is certain. Only question is whether it's City or Chelsea as champions.

Man Utd almost certain to take 3rd. Won't do better or worse. Somebody like Depay could improve us, but still not to a city/chelsea level. Could slip to 4th, won't make 2nd.

4th is one of Arsenal/Soton/Tottenham for me. Liverpool could do it with the right signings perhaps, but I can't see it.
    My predictions after week 19 are above.

Liverpool have to make a signing this window for it to happen but I just think they're already focusing on europa.

Don't think any realistic signing can gravitate you over 3rd place this window. But you'll be in touching distance of the league next season though but won't have enough to win it. City and Chelsea are still a bit too strong and Chelsea's players are young and will continue improving, City are at their peak though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Above Spurs if we hold on and they lose to Chelsea.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)

Probably him and Brendan looked at each other in the dressing room after today's match, gave each other that nod of acceptance and realised it was time.

(Original post by CB91)

I like to think this video is a very accurate description of training at Liverpool. So Henderson should flourish with his new responsibilities.

On a serious note, Henderson is probably the man who'll get the armband, no one else you can really give it to. Lucas? Squirtle?

ReputationRep:
    Probably him and Brendan looked at each other in the dressing room after today's match, gave each other that nod of acceptance and realised it was time.

I like to think this video is a very accurate description of training at Liverpool. So Henderson should flourish with his new responsibilities.

On a serious note, Henderson is probably the man who'll get the armband, no one else you can really give it to. Lucas? Squirtle?
    Could give it to Mignolet. :coma:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: February 4, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.