Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen_acorns)
    lad was dench after all
    Exactly, we needed to ship him off to Russia because the PL wasn't good enough for him.

ReputationRep:
    Henry
    Bergkamp
    Adamns
    Wright
    Viera
    Pires
    Seaman
    Brady
    George
    Jennings
    Ljunberg
    Overmars
    Kanu
    O'Leary
    Campbell
    Rocastle
    Pat Rice
    Bastin
    Parlour
    Keown
    Dixon
    Petit
    Talbot
    Radford
    Cole
    Paul Merson
    Alan Smith
    Nicholas
    Anelka
    Mclintock
    Drake
    Winterburn
    Wiltord
    Clapton
    Nelson
    Sansom
    Thomas
    Williams
    wilson
    Armstrong
    Eastham
    Graham
    Ducat
    Macdonald
    Ball
    James
    Stapleton
    Woodcock
    Jack
    Storey

- those are the 50 greatest arsenal players.. taken from the arsenal website.

Take your pick of 30, to choose ahead of fabregas.

(and if your going to accuse them of removing cesc from the list due to him playing for chelsea.. just take a peak at cole + anelka being on there still..)
    I'm not accusing Arsenal of anything, just Zurich (and a lot of Arsenal fans for that matter). Still waiting for the 300 players that Zurich said he could name btw

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Shed End)
    Fabregas carried your team for a good few years, highly doubt you would have continued qualifying for Europe had he not been there to inspire and lead your squad, especially after the whole Eduardo-Gallas stuff. That said, there's no way to tell how you would have done in that situation with/without him so there's no point denying it.
    The very fact you're ranking Cygan as a better player for Arsenal than Fabregas, who now plays for one of your main rivals, is the very definition on salty though.
    No, Wenger would have just found someone else. He's quite good at this CL qualification thing you'll agree which is why losing Henry/Cole nor Cesc/Nasri nor RVP ever led to us finishing lower than 4th.

I'm quite confident Wenger could sell Sanchez, Ozil, Koscielny, Cazorla and Giroud, replace them on a budget of £10m for next season. And we'd still finish in a CL place.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by al_94)
    I can't agree with that list but many of those players I've never seen play.
    nor have I.

Or any of us.. which is why I dont trust myself to make a list. None of us can correctly judge players of the past who we have never seen, and only heard things about - in some cases, not even heard things about..

So I thought it was best to leave it up to the club - thats the list that the club themselves came up with.

(a different question would be has fabregas been one of arsenals greatest players of the 21st century... the answer to that is undoubtably yes.. but of all time? well, the club does not think so)

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal doing to Fabregas what Spurs are doing to Sol [and Sunderland are doing to Colback].

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    No, Wenger would have just found someone else. He's quite good at this CL qualification thing you'll agree which is why losing Henry/Cole nor Cesc/Nasri nor RVP ever led to us finishing lower than 4th.

I'm quite confident Wenger could sell Sanchez, Ozil, Koscielny, Cazorla and Giroud, replace them on a budget of £10m for next season. And we'd still finish in a CL place.
    Not reading anything you say until you make a legit list of 300 Arsenal players who were better than Fabregas as per your initial claim.

ReputationRep:
    nor have I.

Or any of us.. which is why I dont trust myself to make a list. None of us can correctly judge players of the past who we have never seen, and only heard things about - in some cases, not even heard things about..

So I thought it was best to leave it up to the club - thats the list that the club themselves came up with.

(a different question would be has fabregas been one of arsenals greatest players of the 21st century... the answer to that is undoubtably yes.. but of all time? well, the club does not think so)
    Is that list in order also?

ReputationRep:
    Personally i still like Fabregas. He was the guy i watched growing up with arsenal. He carried the club for years when there was no one else. Really disrespectful that he left in the way he did but cant forget what he's done in the years he was with us. He still respects the club so idk why people still hate him. Does hurt to see him in a chelsea shirt but WE turned him down when he wanted to come back. Nothing more can be done.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Mate she's a bit butterz on that video but don't pretend she's anywhere near your league.

Think us Chelsea fans win as far as fans channels go...we have her, Arsenal have a fat black man, Liverpool have a skinny white blonde ******* who looks like he'd shank you and United have a fat man called Andy Tate milking his little bit of fame for all it's worth.
    Cheers mate, you're right, she isn't near my level, I'd be mortified if my future bae couldn't even pull in 60k views whilst wearing like 5 push up bras and squeezing her tits together for a couple of minutes in a video. And actually, seeing as CFC have 20k subs already, she couldn't even bring in 40k worth of new viewers. Plus the video only brought in 86 new subs, like ****ing hell the pull game is sooo weak she couldn't even bring in 100 12 year old virgin Chelsea fans in like yourself onto the channel.

Shows how poor the channel is though tbh, that they need a girl flashing her assets to get any views, hardly an endorsement for the content on their channel (plus they don't upload when you guys lose)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by al_94)
    Is that list in order also?
    http://www.arsenal.com/history/gunne...est-50-players

This is where the list is from

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leinad2012)
    Cheers mate, you're right, she isn't near my level, I'd be mortified if my future bae couldn't even pull in 60k views whilst wearing like 5 push up bras and squeezing her tits together for a couple of minutes in a video. And actually, seeing as CFC have 20k subs already, she couldn't even bring in 40k worth of new viewers. Plus the video only brought in 86 new subs, like ****ing hell the pull game is sooo weak she couldn't even bring in 100 12 year old virgin Chelsea fans in like yourself onto the channel.

Shows how poor the channel is though tbh, that they need a girl flashing her assets to get any views, hardly an endorsement for the content on their channel (plus they don't upload when you guys lose)
    They've only been going since Christmas tbh. And even though I am a 12 year old virgin I was already subbed to them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThatGuyRik)
    Personally i still like Fabregas. He was the guy i watched growing up with arsenal. He carried the club for years when there was no one else. Really disrespectful that he left in the way he did but cant forget what he's done in the years he was with us. He still respects the club so idk why people still hate him. Does hurt to see him in a chelsea shirt but WE turned him down when he wanted to come back. Nothing more can be done.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Contradiction right there

ReputationRep:
    They've only been going since Christmas tbh. And even though I am a 12 year old virgin I was already subbed to them.
    No they haven't their biggest viewed videos is of the PSG games last year...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leinad2012)
    No they haven't their biggest viewed videos is of the PSG games last year...
    They were off ages iirc, only restarted properly around December/November

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No offence to him, it's just another job mate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0lut0)
    No offence to him, it's just another job mate.
    Yeah exactly my point?

Btw hasn't Wenger got the same no of premier league titles as Chelsea do in their history?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    This time next week he won't.

ReputationRep:
    Fabregas is the ultimate footballing professional tbh. He'll do what's best for his own career while giving his best efforts to keep the fans of his previous clubs happy. It is hard to complain when you guys could have bought him, though.

ReputationRep:
    Btw hasn't Wenger got the same no of premier league titles as Chelsea do in their history?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    This time next week he won't.
    Wes Brown has more than Wenger and Chelsea put together

thoughts

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by difeo)
    Wes Brown has more than Wenger and Chelsea put together

thoughts
    Giggs has 13, the same amount as Arsenal. :ahee:

/****ing on other clubs

Posted from TSR Mobile

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 12, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.