Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Anyone going to the Barcelona friendly at Wembley?
    I thought the ticket prices were very high.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    Surely we should be able to get at least £20mil for Benteke? The market is crazy and even if he had a bad season for us, Benteke has a history of being a strong striker (1 in 2.5) for his time at Villa and considering he's still only 25.

Only issue is his wages..

Balotelli must only have a year left on his contract? Can't see us getting much for him and the main thing for us will be to get his wages off the books.
    £20m for Benteke, £5m for Balotelli

The way I see it, both have no place in our team and we're paying the latter a stupid amount of money per week to sit on the bench.

Might as well offload him even if it's on the cheap since it'll free up wages and also give us a bit extra to spend this summer.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    We'll get £20m for Benteke. Somebody like West Ham will pay that.

He hasn't actually done his chances of a transfer any harm. It's not like the Balotelli situation. There will be plenty of suitors, and you see in the 1-0 wins Benteke contributed to (three winning goals, IIRC) that he's a great striker.

It's just that he doesn't fit us.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    We'll get £20m for Benteke. Somebody like West Ham will pay that.

He hasn't actually done his chances of a transfer any harm. It's not like the Balotelli situation. There will be plenty of suitors, and you see in the 1-0 wins Benteke contributed to (three winning goals, IIRC) that he's a great striker.

It's just that he doesn't fit us.
    You're giving him too much credit tbh.

I agree he showed his quality with the few goals he scored for us this season, but he also missed an embarrassing amount of sitters.

Whether you fit the team or not, there's absolutely no excuse for missing the amount of chances he did for us and I think he sealed his fate pretty early.

£20m would be an okay price - other teams know we're happy to sell and they know he will barely get paid so I expect a sale for that kind of price.
    Anything more is a bonus and anything over 7m is good for Balotelli.

Here's hoping the latter gets picked up by a Chinese team for a good sum similarly to what happened with Ramires - personally I think that's his best move right now.

ReputationRep:
    scouse scum

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Glib)
    Anyone going to the Barcelona friendly at Wembley?
    I thought the ticket prices were very high.
    Yep.

£38 for my ticket, it'll probably never happen again so worth it I thought. It's costing me more for the train down to London.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Coutinho scores a hat-trick and delivers a man of the match performance for Brazil at the Copa America.

Great.

That'll ward off the potential suitors...

ReputationRep:
    Coutinho scores a hat-trick and delivers a man of the match performance for Brazil at the Copa America.

Great.

That'll ward off the potential suitors...
    He's been absolutely dominant for Brazil lately and if their strikers could finish, he'd have a whole bunch of assists too.
    It's awful to say but I kinda wanted him to fail in the Copa America so we didn't lose him...

The thing is, not only will it attract other clubs, it'll give him the (false?) confidence to think he could realistically get in to Barca's side for instance.
    We all know Coutinho is too inconsistent to move to a big side just yet. Similarly to Suarez, I think he's really benefit from one more season with us.

Spurs have been able to keep Lloris when we all expected such a good keeper to be snatched up. Perhaps it's a little harder to keep a South American, but we have the finances and the manager to give it a good go.

EDIT: Just seen his goals - one was a tap in and the other two were fantastic strikes, but in fairness they were against Haiti who got thumped 7-1.

ReputationRep:
    Least he's adding another 10mil to his transfer fee..
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    His third was a beauty.

ReputationRep:
    His third was a beauty.
    And his game was against Haiti

ReputationRep:
    First I've heard of someone adding 10m to their transfer value after a game vs Haiti

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gob Bluth)
    First I've heard of someone adding 10m to their transfer value after a game vs Haiti

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Welcome to the world of Liverpool fans, who are as delusional as the ARVN.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by TaintedLight)
    Can only score against who is in front of you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TaintedLight)
    That goal is something he regularly tries to do (and comes off sometimes) and he's scoring that against any team.

1st goal - Haiti keeper should do better and defenders not near him
    2nd goal - tap in
    3rd goal - ridiculously good and is scored against any team.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gob Bluth)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I meant a good performance at an international tournament generally as opposed to one match.

ReputationRep:
    Daniel Agger retires age 31 :eek:

Looks like it was the right decision to let him go a couple of years ago since it seems his body even struggled with the Danish league.

https://www.theguardian.com/football...-from-football

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    Daniel Agger retires age 31 :eek:

Looks like it was the right decision to let him go a couple of years ago since it seems his body even struggled with the Danish league.

https://www.theguardian.com/football...-from-football
    That's a real shame, I always liked Agger. Unfortunately his body let him down.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    We've opened talks with Can for a new contract, Swansea interested in Allen.

ReputationRep:
    Am I the only one who gets slightly nervous whenever Mr Tim posts?

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.