Film Fanatics Society - Chat Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
unknownking321
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Christien)
Just because it doesn't involve dragons or a global nuclear arms race doesn't mean it doesn't have a plot. Mad Men may be focused on more mundane things, but the threads of its story are weaved masterfully ffs
I know, I know. I'm currently watching it.
channy
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Madjackismad)
Realistically, most people don't give two hoots and talk about TV shows anyway. Also, very few are shot in film. I know classics such as Seinfeld and Frasier were, as well as shows like Mad Men, The Sopranos and others, since they have been converted to blu ray (which can only be done with film at the moment).
I disagree, me and my friends talk about TV shows all the time. That says something...not sure what though.

Clearly haven't seen Mulholland Drive.
Indeed. I watched that straight after Requiem. My emotional state went from down-right sodden to completely gabberflasted.

ps more people need to watch Breaking Bad. Breaking Men? Mad Bad?
unknownking321
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
LiLo is being considered for the new Spiderman film. :eyeball:
cambo211
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
She can burn in the depths of hell before she gets anywhere near spiderman.
Ape Gone Insane
Badges: 15
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by Tempa)
x
(Original post by fifi*)
x
Welcome to the Film society and chat thread. You must now pass initiation.
unknownking321
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
That means PICS or CAMSHOWS. Welcome Tempa and fifi*. :ciao:
unknownking321
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by cambo211)
She can burn in the depths of hell before she gets anywhere near spiderman.
If by that you mean three years in prison, your wish may be granted by a judge tomorrow. :yes:
Jace Falco
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
Can't decide if Dark Tower film and TV series will be good, or the biggest fail ever. Wonder what the difference in quality will be like between TV programme and film. :K:

What exactly is Mad Men about? A drama regarding an advertising firm is all I can really glean.

This could work out. :holmes:

Mad Men - 60s
Life on Mars - 70s
Ashes to Ashes - 80s
Mad Men is supreme. It's only superficially about advertising - in reality, the firm is just a setting. The series is about the characters - sex, power, duplicity, sex, status and sex.

You weren't kidding about Predators

Spoiler:
Show
Why the **** would you turn out to be a psycho doctor when you have a killer predator chasing you. :facepalm2: :facepalm2:
I know, right?

Also: lolwut :lolwut:

For those of you that don't know, the Eye Of The World is the first in the Wheel Of Time saga, an excellent fantasy series that's been going on for 20 years and hasn't quite finished yet.

It doesn't seem to be doing much, but I'm quite apprehensive. There are ways of rendering excellent fantasy into film, and there are ways of not doing it. I tend to the pessimistic (realistic), so I'm expecting less Lord Of The Rings, more Golden Compass.

Although it would mean I get to do that hipster thing like I did with LOTR - "Yeah, I've read the books. I see what they're doing there, but it's not quite..." :pierre:
Ape Gone Insane
Badges: 15
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by Jace Falco)
Also: lolwut :lolwut:

For those of you that don't know, the Eye Of The World is the first in the Wheel Of Time saga, an excellent fantasy series that's been going on for 20 years and hasn't quite finished yet.
Aka the author died and left us substitute writers, yeah.

It doesn't seem to be doing much, but I'm quite apprehensive. There are ways of rendering excellent fantasy into film, and there are ways of not doing it. I tend to the pessimistic (realistic), so I'm expecting less Lord Of The Rings, more Golden Compass.

Although it would mean I get to do that hipster thing like I did with LOTR - "Yeah, I've read the books. I see what they're doing there, but it's not quite..." :pierre:
A Song of Ice and Fire is superior to Wheel of Time and the former is only getting a TV show. Sucks. Wheel of Time is a better series when you read it for the second time, in my opinion.
channy
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I've been waiting for a Wheel of Time film for nigh on a decade now.
unknownking321
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
"Zooey Deschanel is in negotiations to star in Fox's untitled single-camera comedy pilot." -> adding to my 'to watch' list. :coma:
unknownking321
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
First LiLo and now Tara Reid. She's let slip about starring in Big Lebowski 2. :mute:
yokabasha
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Just watched Up, was a really enjoyable film, felt very different to other animations, but I liked the message of the film, about dealing with loss. But I don't think it beats Wall-E, loved that film.
Madjackismad
Badges: 13
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by channy)
I disagree, me and my friends talk about TV shows all the time. That says something...not sure what though.

Indeed. I watched that straight after Requiem. My emotional state went from down-right sodden to completely gabberflasted.

ps more people need to watch Breaking Bad. Breaking Men? Mad Bad?
I feel you've suffered slightly from taking things out of context. :p: I was trying, and failing, to be witty when Ab said technically, TV is related to film after the question was thrown around if it was appropriate to talk about TV on a film thread.

David Lynch is a master and Aronofsky is a worthless peon compared to him. Pfft, he clearly stole the idea of a lesbian scene from Mulholland Drive.
Madjackismad
Report 7 years ago

What exactly is Mad Men about? A drama regarding an advertising firm is all I can really glean.

This could work out. :holmes:

Mad Men - 60s
Life on Mars - 70s
Ashes to Ashes - 80s
The advertising agency is more less a plot device to show us how life was back in the 60s, and how they were entering an age of mass consumerism. Like all great TV shows, there are many threads in the show as well as fantastic characters. Don Draper is just an excellent creation and Jon Hamm is excellent as playing him. The rest of the cast are very strong as well.
Madjackismad
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by unknownking321)
First LiLo and now Tara Reid. She's let slip about starring in Big Lebowski 2. :mute:
Big Lebowski 2? :indiff:
cambo211
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
When submitting his script to studios, screenwriter Adam Herz titled it, "Untitled Teenage Sex Comedy That Can Be Made For Under $10 Million That Most Readers Will Probably Hate But I Think You Will Love". It was later changed to "East Great Falls High", then "Great Falls", and finally, "American Pie".

:holmes:
Madjackismad
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by cambo211)
When submitting his script to studios, screenwriter Adam Herz titled it, "Untitled Teenage Sex Comedy That Can Be Made For Under $10 Million That Most Readers Will Probably Hate But I Think You Will Love". It was later changed to "East Great Falls High", then "Great Falls", and finally, "American Pie".

:holmes:

Interesting story, chap, interesting story. Now, go make me a movie.
channy
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I feel you've suffered slightly from taking things out of context. :p: I was trying, and failing, to be witty when Ab said technically, TV is related to film after the question was thrown around if it was appropriate to talk about TV on a film thread.

David Lynch is a master and Aronofsky is a worthless peon compared to him. Pfft, he clearly stole the idea of a lesbian scene from Mulholland Drive.
Oh, aha.
Madjackismad
Report 7 years ago
I thought it was Superman that Lilo was being considered for?

Perhaps for "Generic crack addict holding up Lois"? Since it's aiming for a gritty thing.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (169)
18.61%
No (553)
60.9%
Not really bothered about them (186)
20.48%

Watched Threads