Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Anyone reckon we'll get hammered by Spurs on final day of the window and the board will put pressure on him to panic buy? Just a thought..

ReputationRep:
    Would bet my life on us signing Flamini as cover tbh. Wouldnt be a complete disaster...

ReputationRep:
    What would happen because of these injures, if you didn't even qualify for the champions league?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You'll beat fernabache if it was galatasaray I'd have been wary though

ReputationRep:
    I think the fact he's shaved off about £400k/w of wages through removing about 30 players means he's going for quality players rather than just having the quantity but an abundance of rubbish players.

He's just looking for the right players. I think he'll use it on about 3 players and use youth for the rest.

ReputationRep:
    Wolfsburg have officially signed Gustavo.

Wenger's saying in him press conference he's looking to add 'quality more than numbers'. Well time is running. If he leaves it until deadline day, he'll have no option but to add numbers as he did in 2011.

I doubt anyone's gonna be bought in before Wednesday's match against Fenerbahce, leaving us just over a week. Crazy Arsene.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rhw)
    I think the fact he's shaved off about £400k/w of wages through removing about 30 players means he's going for quality players rather than just having the quantity but an abundance of rubbish players.

He's just looking for the right players. I think he'll use it on about 3 players and use youth for the rest.
    Wasn't Gustavo 'right' enough? He'd have added real quality and is no average player. But we know Wenger, he's gonna get Flamini now. What a joke.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Was never convinced that Wenger wanted to go for Gustavo.

ReputationRep:
    No doubt we've all been taken for fools by Wenger. We bought into the £70m summer, forgetting who the seller was.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Has wenger been in for anyone then? As it seems like he was not in for anyone. I think one big transfer will happen though

This is farcical. I am genuinely disgusted and worried for this season.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Has wenger been in for anyone then? As it seems like he was not in for anyone. I think one big transfer will happen though
    Higuain and Suarez definitely. But failed to get them.

ReputationRep:
    The thing i can't comprehend is how small Arsenal's squad is with the opening day tomorrow. Can't believe you didn't go for Luiz Gustavo, however there is still time left in the window, if somehow you pull off a better signing then fair enough, i take it back. But this just seems like 2011 all over again...

Arsenal still having to qualify for the CL might still have something to go for the lack of activity, however with the squad as thin as it is the possibility grows Arsenal may struggle to qualify, even though i have no doubt you will.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23724528

:lol:

In case it gets changed this is what it says. Terribly written:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Bayern Munich: Luiz Gustavo signs for Bundesliga champions

Wolfsburg have signed Brazilian Luiz Gustavo fromGerman treble winners Bayern Munich on a five-year deal.
    Gustavo, 26, who joined Bayern from Hoffenheim in 2011, was heavily linked with a move to Arsenal this summer, but has opted to remain in the Bundesliga.
    The midfielder, who scored six goals in 64 games for Bayern, could make his debut at home to Schalke on Saturday.
    "The 26-year-old has signed a deal to 2018 and will be officially presented later today," Bayern said.
    The Bavarian side won the Bundesliga title, Champions League and German Cup last season but Gustavo was not guaranteed regular first team action under new coach Pep Guardiola, which could have threatened his national team spot ahead of the 2014 World Cup in his home country.
    Former Barcelona boss Guardiola has signed Thiago Alcantara from his old club and Mario Gotze from Borussia Dortmund, leaving Gustavo down the pecking order.
    He said earlier this week: "I have a contract until 2015 so there is no reason to despair, but I want to move to a club where I can play."
    Wolfsburg have spent much of the last few seasons in the lower half of the table after winning the 2009 Bundesliga title, and lost their season opener to Hanover 96 last week.

It says about joining Bayern and joining Wolfsburg numerous times apiece, that journalist! Actually it was slightly edited by the time i got a copy and paste in so it didn't look so bad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Bender higuain and Suarez

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Advice)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Guess we'll have to settle for Flamini on a free then :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Wasn't Gustavo 'right' enough? He'd have added real quality and is no average player. But we know Wenger, he's gonna get Flamini now. What a joke.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by 419)
    Why are we no longer in for Gustavo? Have I missed something?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dami_O)
    He just signed for Wolfsburg.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by 419)

EDIT:
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh, well I think I just threw up a little bit

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arturo Bandini)
    Google "arsenal roster" and notice somebody on there that shouldn't be?
    lol Ashley Williams.

ReputationRep:
    And I told everyone not to be excited about the Gustavo rumours... he signs to Wolfsburg, typical really. :facepalm2:

I can't say with any confidence that we'll sign any 'quality' players. I'm expecting more of a panic buy at the end when we realise we've only thinned the squad with adding anything. I hope Wenger has a damn good plan...

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.