The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

one of you nigerians make a Iran vs Nigeria thread for tomorrow. thanks.
Original post by Basiji
one of you nigerians make a Iran vs Nigeria thread for tomorrow. thanks.

Who gives a **** about the most uninspiring match of the world cup?

I've watched every game so far(also the Argentina game was ****ing boring) but I will not be watching that match, wtf is that match ffs.
Original post by jam278
Who gives a **** about the most uninspiring match of the world cup?

I've watched every game so far(also the Argentina game was ****ing boring) but I will not be watching that match, wtf is that match ffs.

didn't say you have to watch it.

it's Iran's fourth appearance in the World Cup finals, I think I should make the most of it since I'm Iranian and we ain't getting out of our group.

you never know it might actually be entertaining (but i doubt it loool)
Original post by Basiji
didn't say you have to watch it.

it's Iran's fourth appearance in the World Cup finals, I think I should make the most of it since I'm Iranian and we ain't getting out of our group.

you never know it might actually be entertaining (but i doubt it loool)

BRB half tub of hair gel gone every day
BRB listen to house music in the car with the windows unwound always
BRB tight fitting t-shirt with 'Italia' written on the front

Am I right? :awesome:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Zürich
BRB half tub of hair gel gone every day
BRB listen to house music in the car with the windows unwound always
BRB tight fitting t-shirt with 'Italia' written on the front

you knowwwwww. iranians love techno/house.

yea me and my bro share a tub of shockwave gel. it finishes within a week.

there's loads of iranians around southwest and north london (kensington, chelsea, ealing, stanmore, cricklewood, kilburn) so i'm guessing yoyve met quite a few.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Basiji
you knowwwwww. iranians love techno/house.

Iranians have a good sense of humour tbf, known a few and they always leave me in bits :laugh:

You still wake up from nightmares about this brah?

(edited 9 years ago)
Arsene Wenger on Joel " "He will definitely come back to us for pre-season. He is maturing well."
Arsenal captain Thomas Vermaelen agrees deal to join Manchester United http://t.co/Rnih1Bi6sp

They can have Vermaelen, I hope we make a move for Caulker then.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Kruz
Arsenal captain Thomas Vermaelen agrees deal to join Manchester United http://t.co/Rnih1Bi6sp

They can have Vermaelen, I hope we make a move for Caulker then.

Posted from TSR Mobile

This is how the convo between Mertesacker to Verm went down

I always wonder why we'd stop negotiating for Aurier.

Do you think it had anything to do with the fact that he spoke out about the deal too early

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AR_95
I always wonder why we'd stop negotiating for Aurier.

Do you think it had anything to do with the fact that he spoke out about the deal too early

Posted from TSR Mobile

We'll never know. The price seems good, his age is a Wenger-type age and he's got the ability. Or maybe Wenger doesn't want an African player due to the problems it'll give with the ACoN. If we get Coleman, I'll be more than happy anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile
United wanting to sign a player who can't get into the Arsenal first team? How times have changed...
new captain for next year?
Original post by EmperorMustard
United wanting to sign a player who can't get into the Arsenal first team? How times have changed...

So United buying a suspect defender off Arsenal. Silvestre anybody? I think he'll do great at United.

Weird season though, as of the past 6 months we've seen United buy one of Chelsea's best players, buy your captain while Chelsea have bought your former captain.
Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest
new captain for next year?

Mertesacker? Tho it's hard to imagine Wenger taking away the duty from Arteta.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Who cares if Verm wanted to leave. He's still under contact, Arsenal should have pulled a Dortmund on him tbh. Negative transfer imo. It's not like we need the cash, but we do need depth and experienced players. I don't care what anyone says about Verm he's a great defender and he will strengthen Utd. We could get £12M+ easily from Italy.

This club is slowing turning into a joke really
Original post by sevchenko
Who cares if Verm wanted to leave. He's still under contact, Arsenal should have pulled a Dortmund on him tbh. Negative transfer imo. It's not like we need the cash, but we do need depth and experienced players. I don't care what anyone says about Verm he's a great defender and he will strengthen Utd. We could get £12M+ easily from Italy.

this pretty much.

were stupid for letting him go to utd.
Original post by sevchenko

I think Arsene is too nice sometimes. Could put his foot down but most likely won't. If he was to go we'll need 2 CBs because we got lucky last season just having 3.

He's in his last year of his contract, has barely played and when he has, he's been relatively 'meh' We won't get anywhere near £12m for him. He will strengthen them but that's due to who their CBs are!!

Lol at slowly turning into a joke! We've been a joke for quite some time!! So we now need; GK, RB, CB x2, DM, LW, ST. Does anyone really see AW signing 7 players?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
It's not even the fact that you are selling players to your rivals, its that you are doing it when it wouldn't hurt you one bit to keep him. You have how many millions in the warchest? My Arsenal mates keep telling me something like 100m. So what's the 6/7m that this sale generates gonna help with lol. Better off keeping him as he's not even a bad player - if you don't believe me on that then you'll see this point proven next season. Plus now you have to look for an extra CB on top of DM, RB and CF.

I respect and adore Wenger but he needs to stop sending players off to teams around you; or at least ship them off overseas. Mourinho wouldn't give you Ba because he knew it would improve your team. Ba: their 3rd choice striker. But with Verm that'll be your 3rd former captain to go to a rival along with Fab and RVP in recent years. This just makes me realise how ****ing well we did to keep Suarez off you and Gerrard off other clubs over the years.

And with Fabregas, even though Wenger is correct in saying he is surplus as of now, you still should have bought him back. I can guarantee a time will come when Rambo and Wilshere and probably Ozil are all simultaneously injured next season and you guys will be crying out for a player like Fabregas again. Yeah he wouldn't be as cheap as some developing youth player but thats beside the point, you have the money and he's easily one of the best players in his position so he'd improve your team immediately.
It's not as if we were in a position to keep him, though. He doesn't fancy benching it anymore and isn't going to start ahead of Mert or Kos - so see ya!

However, I agree entirely with those of you who believe we are mugs for letting him go to Utd.
(edited 9 years ago)

Latest