Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hey! I got an email for interview today (I'm so excited) but I was wondering if anyone could help me out as to what would be a good time to turn up? I think I have to appear on Sunday 6th but no idea what's an acceptable time?! I think it's safe to say logistics are not my strongest point.. thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kaddy_Dee)
    Interview from Somerville for English. Email came at 11:47 (I'd been refreshing my inbox every 4 minutes). Any other Somervillians out there?
    Me! Congrats for your interview invitation! I'm so nervous, but more excited than anything!
    Are you going up to Oxford alone? I'm flying in from Greece, so I'm contemplating whether to bring my mum or not...
    What did you think of the accomodation at Somerville, that is, if you've visited? I hardly remember the accomodation as I only had a brief look at it on the open day!

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, been lurking here for a while like a few others, and have just received a Classics interview invitation from St Hugh's. Email arrived at 19:38, which seems quite late. Good luck to everyone else still waiting!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sunfox)
    hey! I got an email for interview today (I'm so excited) but I was wondering if anyone could help me out as to what would be a good time to turn up? I think I have to appear on Sunday 6th but no idea what's an acceptable time?! I think it's safe to say logistics are not my strongest point.. thanks in advance
    http://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/under...view-timetable
    This has the times you need to get there by, too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nnnnnnnnnn)
    http://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/under...view-timetable
    This has the times you need to get there by, too.
    not for the sunday, but thanks haha

ReputationRep:
    hey guys i still haven't heard from oxford about rejection/interview, do you know if they still send out responses over the weekend? thanks x

ReputationRep:
    I have not received anything yet...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LexieR98)
    hey guys i still haven't heard from oxford about rejection/interview, do you know if they still send out responses over the weekend? thanks x
    Nah, gotta wait 2 more days.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tensedgirl)
    I have not received anything yet...
    same~~

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes I hate being a medicine applicant; have to study hard for tests only to get disappointingly borderline results, and then waiting ages for a reply that has a 50/50 chance of being a rejection

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oneflewovertcn)
    Awesome, some more fellow chemists ! Congrats on your interviews :banana:!
    Well done on yours as well!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rocketrascal)
    Hey guys I am a first year at oxford at the moment and I am studying Economics. So if you need any help just ask me. Oh yeah:
    2A*s and 8As at GCSE
    3A*s and A at A level in Econ, Chem, RS and Physics respectively
    Hi, I've got an interview for E&M! (My predicted grades are just your standard A*AA though....) may I ask what the management interview like- questions asked, topics covered, etc. and what did you do to prepare? Thanks 😊

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone applied to Wadham?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bj1)
    Hi! Been lurking around these forums for a while now but haven't really said much because I find my questions already get answered here!

I got an invitation to interview from St Hugh's for biochemistry yesterday evening for Monday 7th, Tuesday and possibly Wednesday.
    However I would need to arrive at 8:30am. Since I live in Manchester, I was wondering if it would be possible to arrive on Sunday instead? Has anyone else enquired about this?
    I've already stated on the form that I'll be arriving Sun 6th PM. They advise you arrive the night before if you live far away

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lsdjrl)

I have and still no news

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maella)
    I have and still no news
    Same here😔 What have you applied for?

ReputationRep:
    Same here😔 What have you applied for?
    English Lit and Language, yourself? If I do get an interview I'll only know a week before and that's so much more stressful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lawlieto)
    Chemistry/biochemistry applicants: how are you preparing for your interviews?

I'm doing some past chemistry Olympiad questions.
    Really? I've looked at some of them and they're really quite difficult. I've just been cementing all my A level Bio/Chem knowledge and reading over PS-related things. I'm not even sure what's likely to be asked - Organic Chemistry or purely Biology? Or a mix of both? Prob. the latter. I'm trying not to over-prepare/cram information (as difficult as it is - it really feels like I'm prepping for an exam haha).

-Sorry, I just realised you're applying for Chemistry. I'm assuming we fall into similar categories and we'll both be asked lots of Organic Chem!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ziggyystardust)
    Me! Congrats for your interview invitation! I'm so nervous, but more excited than anything!
    Are you going up to Oxford alone? I'm flying in from Greece, so I'm contemplating whether to bring my mum or not...
    What did you think of the accomodation at Somerville, that is, if you've visited? I hardly remember the accomodation as I only had a brief look at it on the open day!
    Congrats to you, too <3 So happy for you! I live in London so it's only an hour's train ride away. I don't think Somerville will accommodate your mum (it says on the form that accommodation is for applicants only), but I'm totally for bringing any support you need. Plenty of hotels around.

It's going to be nerve-wrecking. I visited Merton for an Application Day and walked around to get a feel of the whole city but didn't set foot in Somerville... Seemed pretty from the outside and it's next door to St.Anne's where my best friend got in last year for English and Spanish. I'm not too miffed about the accommodation. I mean, I share a room with my 2 sisters so having my own room for 3 nights is a treat!

Either way, I'm really pleased for you!!!!! Know that I'm rooting for you!

ReputationRep:
    Aye, no news on the website.

https://www.wadham.ox.ac.uk/students...te-information

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.