Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abdul-Karim)
    What can we expect for Barclays final round for summer conversion?
    Pretty much the same as SW interviews
    I had no technicals

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aenigma)
    Pretty much the same as SW interviews
    I had no technicals

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Do they do exploding offers?

ReputationRep:
    Do they do exploding offers?
    Please explain, I'm not sure I understand
    Every bank gives you a period in which to accept but I don't really know if that's what you mean

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Lehman SW Offer!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toda)
    Lehman SW Offer!
    Lmao think you were meant to post in ***Official Investment Banking Spring Week 2003 Thread***

Lehman is now Barcalys

ReputationRep:
    Please explain, I'm not sure I understand
    Every bank gives you a period in which to accept but I don't really know if that's what you mean

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's what I meant. Just wondering if you have any other spring programmes and get offered there would be a conflict if you then decide to reneg. Idk how badly that might reflect on future applications to that company.

ReputationRep:
    That's what I meant. Just wondering if you have any other spring programmes and get offered there would be a conflict if you then decide to reneg. Idk how badly that might reflect on future applications to that company.
    Lots of people renege, not seen (m)any repercussions, thus far

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Lots of people renege, not seen (m)any repercussions, thus far

Posted from TSR Mobile
    When you say 'renege', what do you mean?

Isn't that going back on a signed contract? I would have thought that this would affect future applications. Or am I mistaken?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cookie_m14)
    When you say 'renege', what do you mean?

Isn't that going back on a signed contract? I would have thought that this would affect future applications. Or am I mistaken?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes

Depends how it's done and what stage. People do it at spring to pretty much no repercussion
    Think it's a bigger deal at grad level but you can handle the situation, I think

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What can we expect for Barclays final round for summer conversion?

Do all Barclays spring weekers get automatic final round interviews for summer? Or is there an AC?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roadrage27)
    Do all Barclays spring weekers get automatic final round interviews for summer? Or is there an AC?
    Well from what HR told us, the best spring weekers get an invite the following week for a final round. Others may be fast tracked to ACs in Septmeber, if HR feel they need a little more preparation time.

ReputationRep:
    who are you guys voting for in the general election upcoming may 7th

ReputationRep:
    I just got two missed calls from no caller id. Anyone else?

ReputationRep:
    Well from what HR told us, the best spring weekers get an invite the following week for a final round. Others may be fast tracked to ACs in Septmeber, if HR feel they need a little more preparation time.
    The 'best spring weekers' lol, god knows what that could possibly mean, good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roadrage27)
    The 'best spring weekers' lol, god knows what that could possibly mean, good luck!
    Well, as in the people who seemed compotent enough I would assume.

ReputationRep:
    Well, as in the people who seemed compotent enough I would assume.
    What exactly do we do during these spring weeks, as in activities. How do they differentiate between the candidates, because surely one week is not enough time to asses what everyone is like?
    What kind of things should someone do to stand out from the crowd? Most of us, i assume, wont have the spring weeks at the same place so sharing tips wont harm anyone elses chances...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nxjx)
    What exactly do we do during these spring weeks, as in activities. How do they differentiate between the candidates, because surely one week is not enough time to asses what everyone is like?
    What kind of things should someone do to stand out from the crowd? Most of us, i assume, wont have the spring weeks at the same place so sharing tips wont harm anyone elses chances...
    Exposure to the businesses, case studies, presentations, group activities, networking, interviews (well they don't call it that, but it's basically interviews). HR is continiously monitoring you and assessing your viability and potential.

Be enthusiastic, engage in the classroom lectures, impress the MDs during your presentations, be a collaborative team member, have intellegent insightful questions, network accordingly etc..

Bro, if the whole SW class is good, the whole SW class will get converted, as they're looking for talent for their summer programme. I really wouldn't worry about being in competition. But obviously the line has to be drawn somewhere, if they're taking into account relative performance. I guess it depends on the way HR work it all out logistically.

ReputationRep:
    Guyz good luck for your spring week stints. Good luck also in getting fast tracked for the summer programmes. Wondering though if is there anyone eager to write about their day to day spring week experience ( what you've done/ how to impress/overall satisfaction etc.). ? As a 2016 spring week session applicant i will be really grateful for your insights guyz.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kalambay)
    Guyz good luck for your spring week stints. Good luck also in getting fast tracked for the summer programmes. Wondering though if is there anyone eager to write about their day to day spring week experience ( what you've done/ how to impress/overall satisfaction etc.). ? As a 2016 spring week session applicant i will be really grateful for your insights guyz.
    Will do a full in-depth Q&A on Canary Wharfian, once one of their developers gets back to us with a full bank of questions. Will link it here, probably within the next 2-3 days. Just completed one of my SWs at a BB and got a summer fast track interview conversion so I'll give my insight and advice.

ReputationRep:
    Exposure to the businesses, case studies, presentations, group activities, networking, interviews (well they don't call it that, but it's basically interviews). HR is continiously monitoring you and assessing your viability and potential.

Be enthusiastic, engage in the classroom lectures, impress the MDs during your presentations, be a collaborative team member, have intellegent insightful questions, network accordingly etc..

Bro, if the whole SW class is good, the whole SW class will get converted, as they're looking for talent for their summer programme. I really wouldn't worry about being in competition. But obviously the line has to be drawn somewhere, if they're taking into account relative performance. I guess it depends on the way HR work it all out logistically.
    I think this is a really good advice, please dont ask questions just for the sake of it. be yourself and be enthusiastic, and smile all the time seriously

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.