The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Shame, I liked Toure, couldn't see him sticking around as fourth/fifth string in a season with no Europe though.
Not all too surprised Toure is going but he did himself proud during his time with us, especially last season.

He was a very solid reserve option and the ability for a CB to be thrown in to the side without much warning and perform like he did is a testament to his quality as a footballer.

Great guy in general, it was a joy to have him at the club.
By all accounts wherever Kolo has gone he's been well liked. Nice guy. Cant say the same for his dick head of a brother :lol:
There was a lot of talk about Toure being given a coaching role at staying at the club so let's see what happens. I can see why we've decided we don't need a 35 year old CB when we have no Europe next season, 3 CBs in the peak and have a promising CB in Gomez.
Original post by Lúcio
He's been absolutely dominant for Brazil lately and if their strikers could finish, he'd have a whole bunch of assists too.
It's awful to say but I kinda wanted him to fail in the Copa America so we didn't lose him...

The thing is, not only will it attract other clubs, it'll give him the (false?) confidence to think he could realistically get in to Barca's side for instance.
We all know Coutinho is too inconsistent to move to a big side just yet. Similarly to Suarez, I think he's really benefit from one more season with us.

Spurs have been able to keep Lloris when we all expected such a good keeper to be snatched up. Perhaps it's a little harder to keep a South American, but we have the finances and the manager to give it a good go.

EDIT: Just seen his goals - one was a tap in and the other two were fantastic strikes, but in fairness they were against Haiti who got thumped 7-1.

Reason his be good lately is because he wants to attract PSG and Barcelona. The guy wants OUT!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zerforax
That goal is something he regularly tries to do (and comes off sometimes) and he's scoring that against any team.

1st goal - Haiti keeper should do better and defenders not near him
2nd goal - tap in
3rd goal - ridiculously good and is scored against any team.

tbh, for the thrid goal there were two defenders in front of him and both of them played like Skrtel.

....Sad to hear Skrtel leave. I think Lucas is the only player remaining from the Bentiez era now
Original post by TaintedLight
tbh, for the thrid goal there were two defenders in front of him and both of them played like Skrtel.

....Sad to hear Skrtel leave. I think Lucas is the only player remaining from the Bentiez era now

Yea he will be the only remaining player - been here 9 years now.

Tbh it's been 6 years since Rafa left so it's not too surprising that the whole team has changed.
Released: Enrique, Toure, Yesil, McLaughlin, Brewitt, Cleary, O'Hanlon, Polgar, Marsh

Surprised to see Brewitt on the list as my understanding was he was the reserve team captain, looked okay in preseason and U21 games. Not surprised McLaughlin left having seen Randall overtake him in the pecking order and because he didn't make the NI Euro 2016 squad.
Reply 8069
Rumours that Danny Ward is set to start for Wales
Joe Allen looking magnificent in France right now. What a specimen.
Original post by Mackay
Joe Allen looking magnificent in France right now. What a specimen.

Wales are looking very impressive against a far from shabby Slovakian side of late.

Lovely to see Ward and Allen be part of a major tournament like this. Always love to see Liverpool be represented.

EDIT: Skrtel almost scored. Would rather Ward keep a clean sheet tbh!
Original post by Lúcio
Wales are looking very impressive against a far from shabby Slovakian side of late.

Lovely to see Ward and Allen be part of a major tournament like this. Always love to see Liverpool be represented.

EDIT: Skrtel almost scored. Would rather Ward keep a clean sheet tbh!

Skrtel is also lucky to be on the field.

Allen impressive as always these days

Posted from TSR Mobile
Shame to see Ward concede but he could do absolutely nothing there.
Joe Allen MOTM :smile:
Original post by A Mysterious Lord
Joe Allen MOTM :smile:

No surprises there...

I really hope we don't sell him.
Skrtel is a nonce
Original post by difeo
Skrtel is a nonce

Cc

You wanna buy?
Original post by Lúcio
No surprises there...

I really hope we don't sell him.

You wouldn't have him as a starter though would you?
Original post by Zerforax
You wouldn't have him as a starter though would you?

No but an off the bench option every damn time.

His calmness in midfield means we can bring him on to shore things up when we're winning or bring him on to string some passes if we're losing.

Latest