Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I always wonder why we'd stop negotiating for Aurier.

Do you think it had anything to do with the fact that he spoke out about the deal too early

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    I always wonder why we'd stop negotiating for Aurier.

Do you think it had anything to do with the fact that he spoke out about the deal too early

Posted from TSR Mobile
    We'll never know. The price seems good, his age is a Wenger-type age and he's got the ability. Or maybe Wenger doesn't want an African player due to the problems it'll give with the ACoN. If we get Coleman, I'll be more than happy anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    United wanting to sign a player who can't get into the Arsenal first team? How times have changed...

ReputationRep:
    new captain for next year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmperorMustard)
    United wanting to sign a player who can't get into the Arsenal first team? How times have changed...
    So United buying a suspect defender off Arsenal. Silvestre anybody? I think he'll do great at United.

Weird season though, as of the past 6 months we've seen United buy one of Chelsea's best players, buy your captain while Chelsea have bought your former captain.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest)
    new captain for next year?
    Mertesacker? Tho it's hard to imagine Wenger taking away the duty from Arteta.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Who cares if Verm wanted to leave. He's still under contact, Arsenal should have pulled a Dortmund on him tbh. Negative transfer imo. It's not like we need the cash, but we do need depth and experienced players. I don't care what anyone says about Verm he's a great defender and he will strengthen Utd. We could get £12M+ easily from Italy.

This club is slowing turning into a joke really

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    Who cares if Verm wanted to leave. He's still under contact, Arsenal should have pulled a Dortmund on him tbh. Negative transfer imo. It's not like we need the cash, but we do need depth and experienced players. I don't care what anyone says about Verm he's a great defender and he will strengthen Utd. We could get £12M+ easily from Italy.

this pretty much.

were stupid for letting him go to utd.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)

I think Arsene is too nice sometimes. Could put his foot down but most likely won't. If he was to go we'll need 2 CBs because we got lucky last season just having 3.

He's in his last year of his contract, has barely played and when he has, he's been relatively 'meh' We won't get anywhere near £12m for him. He will strengthen them but that's due to who their CBs are!!

Lol at slowly turning into a joke! We've been a joke for quite some time!! So we now need; GK, RB, CB x2, DM, LW, ST. Does anyone really see AW signing 7 players?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It's not even the fact that you are selling players to your rivals, its that you are doing it when it wouldn't hurt you one bit to keep him. You have how many millions in the warchest? My Arsenal mates keep telling me something like 100m. So what's the 6/7m that this sale generates gonna help with lol. Better off keeping him as he's not even a bad player - if you don't believe me on that then you'll see this point proven next season. Plus now you have to look for an extra CB on top of DM, RB and CF.

I respect and adore Wenger but he needs to stop sending players off to teams around you; or at least ship them off overseas. Mourinho wouldn't give you Ba because he knew it would improve your team. Ba: their 3rd choice striker. But with Verm that'll be your 3rd former captain to go to a rival along with Fab and RVP in recent years. This just makes me realise how ****ing well we did to keep Suarez off you and Gerrard off other clubs over the years.

And with Fabregas, even though Wenger is correct in saying he is surplus as of now, you still should have bought him back. I can guarantee a time will come when Rambo and Wilshere and probably Ozil are all simultaneously injured next season and you guys will be crying out for a player like Fabregas again. Yeah he wouldn't be as cheap as some developing youth player but thats beside the point, you have the money and he's easily one of the best players in his position so he'd improve your team immediately.

ReputationRep:
    It's not as if we were in a position to keep him, though. He doesn't fancy benching it anymore and isn't going to start ahead of Mert or Kos - so see ya!

However, I agree entirely with those of you who believe we are mugs for letting him go to Utd.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stalin)
    It's not as if we were in a position to keep him, though. He doesn't fancy benching it anymore and isn't going to start ahead of Mert or Kos - so see ya!
    why? just let him sit on the bench another season and he can go on a free next season, letting him go this season means we need 2 CBs this window now.

ReputationRep:
    Honestly you should just stop giving the captaincy out to your best players.

If you guys knew what was good for you you'd give it to Arteta.

ReputationRep:

However, I agree entirely with those of you who believe we are mugs for letting him go to Utd.
    Yeah but the problem is you won't find many good covering CB's who are happy to sit on the bench to begin with. Like you might get a CB who is calm with being that but that CB will be someone like Djourou. :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    abou diaby for captain

ReputationRep:
    May as well get some money for him.

We need a young and promising CB anyway, and buying a veteran, like Demichelis, is hardly going to be the toughest bit of business this summer. I'm sure there are tonnes of guys getting on a bit around Europe who wouldn't mind living in London for a year or two and sitting on the bench at the Emirates.

I'll do it for free, tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Mertesacker for captain but most likely Arteta will get it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Mertesacker for captain but most likely Arteta will get it

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Our captain has to be in our starting XI - Arteta isn't.

It has to be Per.

ReputationRep:
    Our captain has to be in our starting XI - Arteta isn't.It has to be Per.
    Well Vermaelen wasn't in our starting XI. And I wouldn't bet against us starting Arteta next season :lol:

ReputationRep:
    This transfer window has really turned into the worse so farI really hope Wengar has some sort of a mega plan because I really don't see how else he'd excuse Cesc/Vermaelan/Sagna all leaving to rivals and now potentially Cazorla going to Atletico

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 9, 2014
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.