Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    Cool evidence provided.
    You can't claim I'm wrong in a post where I said "most" not "all" by pointing out that 1 person doesn't fit my argument :lol: I'm not sure what evidence you expect me to get.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMagicRat)
    I agree.
    ''...London calling, see we aint got no swing, except for that truncheon thing''

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fideo)
    You can't claim I'm wrong in a post where I said "most" not "all" by pointing out that 1 person doesn't fit my argument :lol: I'm not sure what evidence you expect me to get.
    It's a bull**** statement that you can never prove so not even worth posting it. But even if it's true, it's better to do that than to support a club you have zero attachment to other than the fact they are successful and on the telly a lot.

ReputationRep:
    It's a bull**** statement that you can never prove so not even worth posting it. But even if it's true, it's better to do that than to support a club you have zero attachment to other than the fact they are successful and on the telly a lot.
    Most things posted in a football debate can never be proven, what a ridiculous argument.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fideo)
    Most things posted in a football debate can never be proven, what a ridiculous argument.
    Of course they can ffs

Such and such is good, such and such is bad is hard to prove, but you can quantify plenty of things, top scorer, top assister and so on.

ReputationRep:
    I've been to a couple of their games before, as I have with Blues. When they aren't playing us I wish them well so that is air.

I know they are racist tbf, legit reason not to support them but surely there are other clubs you could go to.

Not really fair to say you've had trophies then, not over me if you've not actually been to the cup win or parade. When we win something again (we will), I will be out here doing this ting and actually celebrating the trophy win with the rest of Birmingham.
    Not really its a flawed argument. I've been to a World Cup final where Pakistan one, are you saying that those people back home haven't won the World Cup then? Your argument is that you have to go to a game to win a trophy as a supporter, so only 45,000 fans can win a trophy each year (assuming at Wembley). Load of bull**** which means even a lot of locals according to you aren't proper fans :laugh: what if people are:

Sick
    Working
    Busy
    Away

When there's a parade? Are they not fans? Clutching at straws here mate.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Of course they can ffs

Such and such is good, such and such is bad is hard to prove, but you can quantify plenty of things, top scorer, top assister and so on.
    And the ones about that can't be proven easily/at all are "bull**** statements not even worth posting"?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IceJJFish(II))
    Not really its a flawed argument. I've been to a World Cup final where Pakistan one, are you saying that those people back home haven't won the World Cup then? Your argument is that you have to go to a game to win a trophy as a supporter, so only 45,000 fans can win a trophy each year (assuming at Wembley). Load of bull**** which means even a lot of locals according to you aren't proper fans :laugh: what if people are:

Sick
    Working
    Busy
    Away

When there's a parade? Are they not fans? Clutching at straws here mate.
    If you've not gone to a parade, then how have you won or even experienced a trophy any more than I have? I can remember all of MU's trophies from about '96 onward, does that mean I have trophies?

Obviously players win the trophies not the fans but you're saying you'll 'have the trophies' but you don't do you? You've been no more involved than anyone who doesn't support MU.

Also I'm pretty sure the locals have been to a hell of a lot more matches and contributed financially and vocally (in the stands) in a successful campaign than you ever have (especially if you can't even afford a train ticket over a short distance like Leeds to Manchester).

ReputationRep:
    If you've not gone to a parade, then how have you won or even experienced a trophy any more than I have? I can remember all of MU's trophies from about '96 onward, does that mean I have trophies?

Obviously players win the trophies not the fans but you're saying you'll 'have the trophies' but you don't do you? You've been no more involved than anyone who doesn't support MU.

Also I'm pretty sure the locals have been to a hell of a lot more matches and contributed financially and vocally (in the stands) in a successful campaign than you ever have (especially if you can't even afford a train ticket over a short distance like Leeds to Manchester).
    So now you poke fun at my financial situation :laugh: nice.

Cba with this argument, you're a broken record tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So now you poke fun at my financial situation :laugh: nice.

Cba with this argument, you're a broken record tbh.
    No I just clocked your post was nonsense. 'llow playing the sympathy card fam. There's no way you couldn't afford a ticket costing about a £30 max every single time MU won a trophy to go and see the parade. You can afford to post on the internet?

ReputationRep:
    'llow playing the sympathy card fam. There's no way you couldn't afford a ticket costing about a £30 max every single time MU won a trophy to go and see the parade. You can afford to post on the internet?
    Hmmm. Internet for a month or a trophy parade..................

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Why do people even defend supporting a non-local team? You might not think that it's not important, etc but it's like me defending my recycling really

I really like the way people enunciate differences through football, but dont work or nufing when the Essex boys start supporting Utd.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ggmu!)
    Hmmm. Internet for a month or a trophy parade..................

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Stupid question really. Parade all day. I would stop using the internet for a year to see us win what MU have won in the past ten years.

ReputationRep:
    No I just clocked your post was nonsense. 'llow playing the sympathy card fam. There's no way you couldn't afford a ticket costing about a £30 max every single time MU won a trophy to go and see the parade. You can afford to post on the internet?
    Smacks of desperation, trolling/naivety about how the world works. Guess some people don't understand how things go down in life, never had to worry about other stuff bar who supports local team.

And yes there is a way i couldn't afford to pay for a £30 ticket for something that would come as a luxury in my life so go **** yourself.

ReputationRep:
    Stupid question really. Parade all day. I would stop using the internet for a year to see us win what MU have won in the past ten years.
    In that case, you need to get your priorities straight.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Smacks of desperation, trolling/naivety about how the world works. Guess some people don't understand how things go down in life, never had to worry about other stuff bar who supports local team.

And yes there is a way i couldn't afford to pay for a £30 ticket for something that would come as a luxury in my life so go **** yourself.
    lol at the rage. Again stop playing the sympathy card. I'm not rich by any means and my parents have never been. If you cared that much you would find a way to at least get there once, you don't just miss a plethora of parades down to being skint, you couldn't get a lift or even jib the train?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ggmu!)
    In that case, you need to get your priorities straight.
    The internet does not have to be a priority.

ReputationRep:
    You can get the coach to most places in Britain for a ridiculously small cost.

ReputationRep:
    ^^ lol at above. Blocked you go.

ReputationRep:
    The internet does not have to be a priority.
    Maybe not in cloud cuckoo land, but it does in real life.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.