Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Valvopus)
    May have underestimated how badly I hurt my back on trampoline yesterday. Couldn't sleep most of last night and hurts to move this morning. Can't face the walk to/from lectures. Am going to get up soon and read through them though and do some reading so the day won't be wasted.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Exercise = bad for you. :sadnod:

Feel better soon. :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    So the flashing lights on the dishwasher dont corespond to the flashy oight pictures in the book

Posted from TSR Mobile

Rough night Sorry for my weird posts yesterday I was in a bit of a state. A really good friend of mine got concerned and ended up taking me to A&E because he thought I was either drunk or on drugs and was a danger to myself but the way he was over-reacting it was like he was the one on drugs!!... Managed to convince the doctor I was mainly just sleep deprived but for some reason he didn't really trust me so I stayed there for what felt like forever until another man (old and a bit pervy looking) came over to chat with me about the most random stupid stuff ever (like am I worried about someone hurting me).. Anyway it's over now :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Rough night Sorry for my weird posts yesterday I was in a bit of a state. A really good friend of mine got concerned and ended up taking me to A&E because he thought I was either drunk or on drugs and was a danger to myself but the way he was over-reacting it was like he was the one on drugs!!... Managed to convince the doctor I was mainly just sleep deprived but for some reason he didn't really trust me so I stayed there for what felt like forever until another man (old and a bit pervy looking) came over to chat with me about the most random stupid stuff ever (like am I worried about someone hurting me).. Anyway it's over now :/
    Don't worry about your posts yesterday, and glad that you are ok :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    had the worst OT appointment :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by furryface12)
    Yay! Good for her, and you for going :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you :hugs: how you doing lovely?

(Original post by Jean-Luc Picard)
    I slept a bit yesterday evening but not overnight, might try & sleep again in a bit though

that's awesome! really happy for you
    :console: hope you sleep soon. :hugs:

(Original post by superwolf)
    :hugs: Glad to hear it!
    thank you :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScaryScience)
    Why was it bad? xx

ReputationRep:
    So apparently it could be ANOTHER 6 weeks before we hear ofov ESA. So stressful!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Thank you :hugs: how you doing lovely?

:console: hope you sleep soon. :hugs:

thank you :hugs:
    I'm ok, well stressing a bit (a lot!) about something I need to do tonight but trying to distract myself Sorry to hear about the OT appointment though :console:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    :hugs: What kind of stuff are you meant to be focussing on with them? I know I'm not even an OT student as of yet, but if it would help we could go over what sort of goals you have and what you could work on with this person, so you're not at cross-purposes with them.

ReputationRep:
    I can't do this :bawling:

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by Odd socks)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :hugs: yes you can! :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Odd socks)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You can :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Anyone have any tips for keeping from dissociating? I know a couple of things that trigger it for me (one I can't go into, the other is certain pieces of music), and I can usually sense myself slipping into that kind of state, I just then don't/can't do anything about it.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Anyone have any tips for keeping from dissociating? I know a couple of things that trigger it for me (one I can't go into, the other is certain pieces of music), and I can usually sense myself slipping into that kind of state, I just then don't/can't do anything about it.
    It's not an answer, but what actually is dissociating? I think I might do it (or have done in the past, not so much recently) but I'm not sure

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by furryface12)
    It's not an answer, but what actually is dissociating? I think I might do it (or have done in the past, not so much recently) but I'm not sure

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm not sure of the exact definition, but my psychologist said from what I've described it seems like I do it. I just kind of fall out of place with the rest of the world, almost like I'm getting really absorbed and focussed on something, only there's nothing there that I'm actually focussing on. Everything just disappears from view. Dunno if that makes it clear at all, not really thinking clearly right now. :erm:

Spoiler:
    Show
    I feel sick with myself. I don't understand how I can like myself as a person, be proud of how far I've come, and still spend so much time hurting myself.

ReputationRep:
    It's very difficult because dissociating is almost like a coping mechanism and therefore you don't want to stop it. I've found that having as many conversations (real life) with people helps me get back into reality.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cinnie)
    It's very difficult because dissociating is almost like a coping mechanism and therefore you don't want to stop it. I've found that having as many conversations (real life) with people helps me get back into reality.
    There's no-one home but me. I was fine earlier then I made a stupid decision, and now my ears are ringing, I feel sick, and nothing around me feels right. Trying not to put certain songs on to listen to.

ReputationRep:
    There's no-one home but me. I was fine earlier then I made a stupid decision, and now my ears are ringing, I feel sick, and nothing around me feels right. Trying not to put certain songs on to listen to.
    I'm in uni so I can't reply to you on Skype but are you okay? I'll call you on Skype as soon as I'm home at around 5?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Can you go out for a walk or to the shops or something? Or call somebody?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 24, 2014
Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.