Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Shed End)
    All those fans and you still can't get a decent atmosphere in your ground

Irony is strong, do you know where I can get the mix tape of chants they blaze out on the system at SB by any chance?

Also we're playing you this weekend so it's not surprising we're talking about you, sounded pretty #salty there tbf

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Skeptical about it. If we wanted him he'd of been here last summer.
    Last year Sporting were asking for £37m. Wenger wasn't dumb enough to spend that much on him. Moyes was though, we agreed for him but when LVG came in he dis-allowed it.

ReputationRep:
    Chelsea, Chelsea, Chelsea...

Chelsea, Chelsea, Chelsea...

X1000

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    We won't get Carvalho, and we won't get Higuain either..

These are just media hyped stories with no meaning imo

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    media can link whatever names they want, at the end of the day, most will simply not join Arsenal: "I'll get injured and won't win anything"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    media can link whatever names they want, at the end of the day, most will simply not join Arsenal: "I'll get injured and won't win anything"
    that wum was so 2013.

Wont win anything? 1 game away from winning 2 back to back trophies..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SA-1)
    We won't get Carvalho, and we won't get Higuain either..

These are just media hyped stories with no meaning imo

Posted from TSR Mobile
    There's meaning to the stories, why wouldn't you be interested in Carvalho? Not saying you will buy him, but surely it's believable that there is interest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen_acorns)
    that wum was so 2013.

Wont win anything? 1 game away from winning 2 back to back trophies..
    With an 'almost' fully fit squad. It'll be the first time sin e 2005, that's something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dirtybit)
    There's meaning to the stories, why wouldn't you be interested in Carvalho? Not saying you will buy him, but surely it's believable that there is interest.
    Sure, not denying that. We won't get him though. Tbh, these year long sagas mean nothing in terms of players coming to Arsenal. Rumours are usually shorter for the players we actually end up going for, the media just carry those stories on.

Tbf, we've expressed interests in way too many players (confirmed by Arsene himself on a few occasions) like Messi (when we signed Fabregas) Ronaldo (before he went united) Bale (we didn't because we had LBs at the time) Pogba (when he left united) etc etc..

So these are practically nothing stories, and I'm sure Wenger isn't interested in them anymore.

Wenger probably has his targets, it's just going to be interesting to see who they are.

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't feel like we'll get a marquee player this summer tbh, we don't need a major upgrade anywhere. A better GK perhaps but with Coq's emergence I can't see Wenger going all out for a DM.

The signings will be additions of squad players with potential imo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SA-1)
    Doesn't feel like we'll get a marquee player this summer tbh, we don't need a major upgrade anywhere. A better GK perhaps but with Coq's emergence I can't see Wenger going all out for a DM.

would genuinly be delighted if our biggest signing was a new goal keeper.

Give me Lloris as our major signign, then a few other players in midfield/attack/RB etc. - and I would be happy with the summer.

(+ it would piss of spurs.. so even better.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen_acorns)
    would genuinly be delighted if our biggest signing was a new goal keeper.

Give me Lloris as our major signign, then a few other players in midfield/attack/RB etc. - and I would be happy with the summer.

(+ it would piss of spurs.. so even better.)
    Lloris would be perfect, he's like 28 too. Got a good 5/6 solid years ahead of him at the very least. I don't get why we didn't get him before he went spurs, I'm sure he showed better signs of being a top keep than Shez did.

Also, spurs didn't even ****ing need him at the time.

Can't see it happening though
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Arsenal set to wear their away strips during the FA Cup final, after Villa won the toss.

ReputationRep:
    I'd be buzzing if we got Lloris or Cech (preferably Lloris), but neither will happen, we have 2 young keepers although I guess it's possible if Szs is sold. Add a decent 4th choice CB like Moreno who will actually challenge for a place at starting CB, keep Jenko, and bring in Milner and we would be much closer to challenging. Would still be a CDM and winger or striker short though imo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    ^

dupe account alert
    Not much gets passed you, does it?

ReputationRep:
    is Depay any better than Chambo really?

obviously has better stats, but also plays in a weaker league..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dirtybit)
    Last year Sporting were asking for £37m. Wenger wasn't dumb enough to spend that much on him. Moyes was though, we agreed for him but when LVG came in he dis-allowed it.

Nah highly doubt that. From the reports near to the end of the window it was said that they wanted £24m and we wouldn't budge on a few £m odd

I think £37m (sure it was in Euros) was his release clause, which might be true, but I doubt Sporting were going to hold out for that mutch anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SA-1)

Well the structure towards our approach to the window was revealed to be 1 marquee signing minimum each season. We didn't really need Ozil but if a player like him or similar is available that Wenger rates then I'm sure we'll sign some one. I don't think there'll ever be a signing as hyped as Ozil, simply because of how out of the blue it was and because of how big his previous reputation was too. It's likely we'll sign Pedro this summer though which wouldn't be a bad move at all, as we need a more efficient winger.

Carvalho though, I'd love Carvalho, but at the moment I'm still dubious to the validity of the reports.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swirly)
    is Depay any better than Chambo really?

obviously has better stats, but also plays in a weaker league..
    Well, can Chambo do this?

ReputationRep:
    as nice as it is to be really relaxed about top4, it has made the end of this season really boring.

I mean there are properly few games that I am interested in watching outside of arsenal at the moment..

Probably try and catch city vs villa though - see if villa can do us another favour, and push city down even further

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 12, 2015
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.